• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Ruby&Sapphire 10th anniversary of North American release!

Hoenn, Your favorite pokemon region?

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • US
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
So today as posting this is the 10th anniversary of the release of Ruby and Sapphire in the Americas. I know that the day that should count , should be the one released in Japan but oh well. This is mostly about why i love this game and i'm exicted today is the 10th anniversary. Now this pokemon region is the second Pokemon game i ever played (blue being second). And I think it's the best and i had the most memories playing. I know this game got the most hate but i think its truly under rated. Now this is just my opinion, i have played every Pokemon game but the original gold/silver and black and white 2. There's just something in this game that makes me smile and remember good memories of playing. I don't know if its the awesome starters, the exciting adventure, stopping team Magma/Aqua or the bright colors and new pokemon. The game i chose was Sapphire, just because i thought Kyogre was so cool. Little fact i still have my original Kyogre to this day. I don't know where my game went but oh well, what can you do. I also had Emerald too! So i'm going to give you some facts about these games (plus some Emerald facts maybe) then back to why i love this game. This is the first game to have 2 on 2 battles. As a kid at the time this was mind blowing (14 now). I could have my two favorite pokemon kick butt at the same time! The first pokemon game and only to have secret base. I know Diamond/Pearl had one but i hated how it was done and i just don't want to count that mess. There was different holes in certain areas where you could have your own base (tree,bush,rock). This was cool because you could have your own place to chill after a long training session. I don't know why they got rid of it because this was awesome. Customization was bare at the time but they could had more if they did a remake (which they should >:L). First region to have ribbions/contests. All i got to say to that is the anime contests were much better then the game. IV and EV systems were refined. Each town is a compound word (For-tree City, Moss-deep city and more). If your interested in more facts about Hoenn and its games. I recommend ElegandEnsue's video "Hoenn Region"

I mostly loved the bike where you hopped around in the game. I loved it i used to bunny hop into battles all the time. I love how the region is very huge too. Many paths and roads all around. So thats all i'm going to tell you. I do recommend watching the video.
My Top 5 pokemon in Hoenn! No order.
1. Rayquaza
2. Metagross
3. All 3 Hoenn starters (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip)
4. Absol
5. Corphish
Happy birthday (again!) Ruby and Sapphire!
"Pokevlog- The Hoenn Region Spotlight"
By: ElegantEnsue (can't post link cause i need 15 posts >.<)

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Yay, I'm the first voter!

Ruby was my very first Pokemon game, not counting Pinball RS, which I bought because it looked cool. Funny thing is, my dad actually found my copy of Ruby in a parking lot and recognised the cartridge as a GBA game. Soon after, I was going on a car trip and he gave it to me to play. I remember naming all my Pokemon things like "Fireguy" (my Blaziken) because I could think of nothing better at the time! And now that I know more about Pokemon, I wish I had played the old save file through, the game had last been saved in the middle of the Elite Four with a seriously high-leveled party. Alas, I was a noob.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Oh it is the 10 th anniversary of North American release?
Anyway, yeah it is my favorite region. This is the first game i ever played.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I loved Hoenn, it was the first region I EVER played and Pokemon Ruby remains a big part of my childhood. I remember finding my first house. Oh my god, I wanted to collect EVERYTHING for it.

Years
  • US
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
Haha I agree and know that feeling! I heard the only reason its not being remade is that Hoenn (R/S/E) does not have a big enough fan base (or want) but i seen lots of posts on the internet that shows a lot of people care and want it.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Hoenn was most certainly the best region. It's more vast than any other, containing cooler puzzles, challenges, and even some great mysterious legendaries. It also held my favorite of the Battle Frontiers in the games up to now, having the strange luck based area known as the Battle Pike, or the amazing adventurous Battle Pyramid.

But, best of all, the memories I have of this region and the games that come with it are better than any I have in other games. These games are what made me love Pokemon, even if I had beaten Yellow before it.

Overall, this region of Hoenn deserves to come into a new era of 3D gaming and better possibilities there in, so I say, Game Freak! Make us a 3DS Sapphire and Ruby! Those games deserve it! That's all I have to say.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Talli did not know that..

Anyhow..Hoenn was A great region to go though with two villian teams Aqua and Magma, Contests and more. Yes Hoeen should get a remake as most carts haavr dead batteries in them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
I liked the region of Red and Blue best, it was the first original one, and it was beautifully designed for the time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
This region was when I lost interest In pokemon I prefer gen 5 to Hoenn.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
I remember getting a Jirachi from Coliseum and loving Ruby. Not my favorite (goes to Johto) but in my top 5....well it has to be, right?! Haha

Back