• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games don't you like but others enjoy?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Eh, can you explain what you mean when you say Galaxy is all about "the experience"? Are 64 and Sunshine about "the experience" too?

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I can see why people love it actually. It's just not my personal favorite.

Well, actually, I can think of a good reason that detracts from my liking of the game. I'm not used to my 3d games being linear. I grew up with somewhat non-linear games like Super Mario 64, the Zelda 64 games, and Metroid Prime. I never really played the 2d mario games as a kid, and I never really enjoy them that much even when I played them later on.
The Galaxy games and moreso Super Mario 3D Land are truer 3D representation of the 2D Mario games. 64 is a great, great game. But it and Sunshine were collectathon platformers, and while I adore that genre that is not what the 2D Mario games were. They were "linear", athletic, bouncy, obstacle courses. These Mario games from EAD Tokyo are more like the 2D Mario games than even the NSMB series is in terms of level design and physics.

If you were grew up in the height of Mario Mania like I did, or just have an appreciation for those kinds of games, you'd love the experience.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
CoD, the trolls on youtube, the trolls! And to be honest, other than OoT, I'm not a big fan of the Zelda series, idk, I never found them to be that interesting. Woo now I'm going to get flamed for having an opinion. Oh yes, and Yoshi's Island I hated baby Mario, and his swallowing enemies is kinda a rip-off of Kirby and I love those games. The only difference is that yoshi doesn't get abilities.

Dalekhater

Cool Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
I didn't really like OoT because I got lost all the time.
Super Castlevania IV is something I don't really like either but people seem to adore; I'm much more of a Dawn of Sorrow guy.
I also don't like shooters that much besides TF2 and the Battlefront series, but those are special.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
League. Tried to really get into it but I just didn't like it.

I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I was good at it, but in the end I just don't feel like spending any time on it whatsoever.

Years
Uhh New Vegas to be quite honest. I've played it for hours trying to get into it, all my friends say it's amazing, but I really don't know why I'm not enjoying it. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't know, I haven't played the previous Fallout games that might be it.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Uhh New Vegas to be quite honest. I've played it for hours trying to get into it, all my friends say it's amazing, but I really don't know why I'm not enjoying it. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't know, I haven't played the previous Fallout games that might be it.

If you don't like New Vegas then don't bother with 3 because they're really similar. You might like the older ones, though. They're a bit different.

As for me...I don't really like sports games. They're a lot more complicated than they let on to be and I just don't have the patience to learn everything that I'd need to learn in order to be decent at them.

Years
Ahh okay, cheers for telling me before I went of and purchased 3. I really want to like it, though...oh well.

As for me, I love sports game! It's probably because I play it and am competitive so that makes me like them I guess.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I don't like the Call of Duty games, I think they're overrated. Also the trolls and 12 year olds online... can't stand it. And I hate the fact that a lot of people get mad at me because I don't like them, telling me things like "Stop plaiyng Pokemon! Yoo shood plae Call uv Dooty! Its a man'z gaim! Grow up!"

I'm not insulting all the people who play them, just the ones with that mentality.

I also don't like Mario Kart Wii. I enjoy all the others (except, in a "sort of" kind of way, 7), but the introduction of bikes made it a problem. They're responsible for a lot of cheap wins, and that's all everyone uses online as well, leading me to call it Mario Bike Wii.

I'm glad that they can't wheelie in Mario Kart 8. Gives everyone a fair chance. (Hopefully)

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Mario Kart Wii. It seriously punishes you for being skilled. I didn't have anything against the bikes, but making it more rigged than before really did it in for me...that and the god awful item 'balance.'

I also don't really like JRPGs. The more I play them, more often than not, the more I don't like them. The are exceptions, but they are of the few.

Also I understand that everyone seems to think Sonic Adventure 2 is the best game in the whole series, but after playing Generations I can't find myself to love it anymore.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Most FPS games and war games in general, solely for the fact that I always get overly competitive, and together with the fact that I can't aim for life, it doesn't exactly make a good combination. I can say the same thing for a lot of sports games as well, most notably the Fifa franchise. I'm not exactly good at them, but I have friends who love them to death, and are overly bent on making me play them all the time, which'll eventually lead to me snapping ;D

I can't really think of any specific games that I don't enjoy which others do, as I'm honestly not one to play games I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy. I have several examples of games that I enjoy which others don't, but that's not exactly the question :p

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
There is but one game I notably detest despite all my friends and family's love for it. Skyrim from the Elder Scroll Series. I feel that it was so incredibly hyped and mainstream that I have no reason to like it, lest I become part of the majority.

I hate it because it's popular. Which isn't a good reason, I know, but alas, it is my reasoning. :/

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
For me, most Mega man games are annoying. Shooting enemies was fun, but sometimes it just feels that most stages are winnable only at first try, because of stupid 2nd ammo doesn`t refill after death and those freaking enemies respawn! :( Ironically in the first Mega man health and ammo items did respawn, and it is still my favorite in the entire series.
Ps. Mega man music is GREAT!

There is but one game I notably detest despite all my friends and family's love for it. Skyrim from the Elder Scroll Series. I feel that it was so incredibly hyped and mainstream that I have no reason to like it, lest I become part of the majority.

I hate it because it's popular. Which isn't a good reason, I know, but alas, it is my reasoning. :/

I think you mean that you hate Skyrim because it`s overrated.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Other M. Everyone else that liked Metroid that I know dislikes it(with some valid reasons) but Other M hard mode, aside from Prime 1, is my favorite Metroid game now.

Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Call of Duty and sports games. I just don't like CoD, very repetitive and not much improvement with each release.

Sports games, if I wanted to do sports, I'd go outside and play. Much more fun that way, anyways.

Pretty much the same thought of my opinion in these games.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Many of the Zelda games would qualify. Skyward Sword was way too linear, plagued by godawful controls, and full of tedious fetch-quests. Ocarina of Time I found to be okay, but like most of the other games in the series, it was one of those "To do this, you must solve a puzzle" games, which I'm not too fond of. Plus, besides that, I didn't find the story interesting, the action was very mediocre, and overall the whole thing seemed to be over-hyped by people with rose-tinted glasses welded to their faces.

Final Fantasy VII. While I quite enjoyed VI, due to it's unique, colorful, and overall interesting cast of characters and great story, I didn't really like VII. I'm sorry, but I'm immediately turned off by a game when the protagonist is some angsty, whiny emo guy. I really don't get the hype this game gets. Heck, I'm not even a huge fan of the series at all, having only really liked IV and VI, but I just don't get the hype this game gets. The dialogue was poor, the "emotional" moments felt forced, and the characters were atrocious.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Call of Duty! I've just never found the appeal in those games haha. They're so famous all over the world with practically everyone I know playing them, often to huge extents, and yet I can't stomach an hour of it. I just find it so dull and repetitive and the concept irks me - yet for some reason I'm perfectly fine with games like Borderlands or Halo haha. I should give it another try some time, but so far it's not a game I've liked one bit.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Call of Duty is the biggest poster child of what is wrong with the industry today, yet it sells millions. I've played a few of them and honestly just don't like them that much. I don't mind shooters, but they have to do something different for me to take an interest in them.

I've also never really cared for fighting games (in general...even Smash Bros. to an extent). Also could never really get into Oblivion - it's too massive and gives too much freedom for my taste - but I want to try to get into it again eventually. Skyrim does look awesome but I won't get it because I didn't like Oblivion.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Many people may hate me for this, but my answer is Skyrim. It would have been cool, if for the first few months my brother didn't put me off with naked Norks and killing creatures because he was bored. Plus I don't like the gameplay. :I

Many of the Zelda games would qualify. Skyward Sword was way too linear, plagued by godawful controls, and full of tedious fetch-quests. Ocarina of Time I found to be okay, but like most of the other games in the series, it was one of those "To do this, you must solve a puzzle" games, which I'm not too fond of. Plus, besides that, I didn't find the story interesting, the action was very mediocre, and overall the whole thing seemed to be over-hyped by people with rose-tinted glasses welded to their faces.

Final Fantasy VII. While I quite enjoyed VI, due to it's unique, colorful, and overall interesting cast of characters and great story, I didn't really like VII. I'm sorry, but I'm immediately turned off by a game when the protagonist is some angsty, whiny emo guy. I really don't get the hype this game gets. Heck, I'm not even a huge fan of the series at all, having only really liked IV and VI, but I just don't get the hype this game gets. The dialogue was poor, the "emotional" moments felt forced, and the characters were atrocious.

D: Okay, you must be completely INSANE to have posted this, unless you're joking. ...You are joking, right? I mean, how can anyone on the planet dislike Zelda? Skyward Sword is like, my favourite game!

I can't believe the words you put into your post about Final Fantasy VII. I mean... how could you? And FYI, Cloud is NOT emo! Do you understand all that has happened to him? Imagine how it would be if you were in his place, your closest friends were murdered and everyone called you emo? He just comes off arrogant and cocky in the beginning, is all. Besides, I find that sexy in a guy. - /) -

Last edited:

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
Call of Duty, Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy.

They're all so popular, but I just can't get into them. I've played a bit of all of them, and maybe I just need to play more, but I don't feel like missing anything from life without them. I've heard people go on about them (each game within the franchises), and I'm not all that curious about them. CoD isn't my cup of tea, and I'm not into scifi much, which is the entirety of Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy.. I love fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, which is closely tied, but I can't get myself to play through much of FF game without growing bored of it.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
EA Sports *insert sport here* 20whatever, The Sims, Skyrim.

EA Sports is pretty much a yearly rehash - Just update the playerlists, change the year on the box, and you've got something that suckers nationwide will buy.

Sims 3 is... boring. Very boring. So boring that if I had to chose between spending a hour playing it or watching paint dry I'd go with the paint.

Skyrim is meh. I never liked it, and I still haven't figured out why either. I had a few hours worth of amusement going around as the Emperor but after that, nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. There were a couple of mods that got my attention, looked real intresting, but they are pretty much abandoned.

Back