• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
The strange writing found in that secret room...some of it looks like cornscript. Did you get some symbols from Pokemon Quartz?

Also, would it be possible to remove the possibility of shiny encounters? If the only recruitable Pokemon are story-related, it must be heartbreaking to find a shiny flash-born.

this game is pretty great so far! =)
one minor hitch though. i can't get pass the 2nd sokoban puzzle! (that's what it is right?)
i got all three rocks are on a red tile each but i can't continue. or must a specific rock be on a specific tile?

Yeah...just got there. I'm having the same problem too.

Last edited:

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
Okay i found a pretty big bug. If you die while fighting the shiny vulpix you don't get sent to the preveous dungeon, you get teleported to a rock with a pikachu on it which i think means you skip a whole dungeon, heres a pic of what I mean:
http://imgur.com/ex7xR
If you need me to explain how to replecate this in more detail just ask, but now im stuck in the room. I might have an old savestate but who knows how old it is.

And on a different note I saw my first ever shiny today, too bad you can't catch pokemon in this game, it was a beauty :'(
http://imgur.com/sAPun

Years
When I played the pre-alpha I got confused with those 6 rocks as I tried doing everything at them but nothing happened. probably as I now learnt that I have to keep ON my emulator sound to solve that puzzle.:D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
The strange writing found in that secret room...some of it looks like cornscript. Did you get some symbols from Pokemon Quartz?

I just randomly scribbled designs to create the strange writing - resemblances to Cornscript are entirely unintentional! I guess there's only so many ways you can create a squiggle when you don't have very much room to make one in XD

Also, would it be possible to remove the possibility of shiny encounters? If the only recruitable Pokemon are story-related, it must be heartbreaking to find a shiny flash-born.

I've wondered about this same question, since I HAVE found a shiny while playtesting (a Sentret. Shiny Furret is one of my favorites :( ). If it is possible, it would be ASM based and not something I could do myself - but if someone else with more talent wants to explore this idea, they're more than welcome to :) It is a heartbreak - GXS a few posts below you actually had it happen to him :(

As for Sokoban puzzles a few of you were asking about, yes, it has to be specific rocks on specific spots, as explained by the disembodied voice at the dungeon's start. I created a video to demonstrate how they work, since the scripting of the puzzles had to be a bit convoluted in order for it to A. work at all, and B. be as cheaterproof as I could make it:

@GXS: THANK YOU for bringing that bug to my attention! That is one I did not know about (Dying to the Vulpix is supposed to return you to the start of Blackriver - I know just what the problem is. I forgot to fix the flight position when I had to script and map this dungeon over again due to the ROM breaking; and when work gives me a break I'll release a patch with this bug repaired as soon as I can :) Until then, I recommend everyone save before challenging Argo the Vulpix, and to simply reload if they die.

Also, I worked hard on adding in those Final Fantasy tunes, shame on all you people for muting the game~ (This is a joke, of course XD ) But in the future I'll have to remember to use visual clues - honest to Arceus, the entire time I was working on that puzzle it never once hit me that people who play with the emulator muted would be totally lost. It's odd how the most obvious things can slip past you when you're in the heat of working on a project!

Last edited:

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
ahhh!! yay!! I'm so happy for a new version to play!! I love all the creativity and thoughtfulness that you've put into this game. I just want to say that it is a real treasure. Good luck on everything, and I will be sure to sing you more praises after I finish the new alpha!

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
Thanks for the video on the puzzle. I'm still having a problem though. When I move the second stone into place (the middle one), I press A on it, and I don't get a message saying it's in the right place. When I complete the puzzle, both of the outside stones say they are in the right place, nothing on the middle stone, and the game doesn't send me to the next area. Can you help me out? I followed the video exactly as you posted twice and got the same results both times.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I was wondering, what effect does/will the info you choose at the beginning have?(Speaking of, the catchphrase that was supposed to be random at the start said "unavoidable train". Lol, I'm keeping that.)

The choice of virtue, catchphrase, and even the possibility to steal berries from the sleeping Pokemon, are there effects to these later?

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
@GXS: THANK YOU for bringing that bug to my attention! That is one I did not know about (Dying to the Vulpix is supposed to return you to the start of Blackriver - I know just what the problem is. I forgot to fix the flight position when I had to script and map this dungeon over again due to the ROM breaking; and when work gives me a break I'll release a patch with this bug repaired as soon as I can :) Until then, I recommend everyone save before challenging Argo the Vulpix, and to simply reload if they die.

No problem, like I said I really wanna see this rom do well because it has so much potential :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for the video on the puzzle. I'm still having a problem though. When I move the second stone into place (the middle one), I press A on it, and I don't get a message saying it's in the right place. When I complete the puzzle, both of the outside stones say they are in the right place, nothing on the middle stone, and the game doesn't send me to the next area. Can you help me out? I followed the video exactly as you posted twice and got the same results both times.

ahh shucks sadly i've the same problem! =( (except the stone on the right gives the "come back later" message)
btw PPG i think it'll be a good idea to edit the start of your thread to include the release of the alpha so that more people would know about it =)

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
I agree about updating the title page :D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
@Those having problems with the puzzle: I did playtest this (of course XD ) and didn't have any problems then - but obviously something's gone wrong in between making the video and making the patch. I can't look into this until I get home from work but I just wanted to post and say thanks for reporting it, all of you; and that I haven't been ignoring you guys :) I'll also try and get a bugfix patch out ASAP to deal with this and the Vulpix-death glitch.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
@Those having problems with the puzzle: I did playtest this (of course XD ) and didn't have any problems then - but obviously something's gone wrong in between making the video and making the patch. I can't look into this until I get home from work but I just wanted to post and say thanks for reporting it, all of you; and that I haven't been ignoring you guys :) I'll also try and get a bugfix patch out ASAP to deal with this and the Vulpix-death glitch.

Thank you for looking into it! It seems MoosePlus and I have the exact same problem. I forgot to mention that the stone on the right says to come back to it later.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
Thank you for looking into it! It seems MoosePlus and I have the exact same problem. I forgot to mention that the stone on the right says to come back to it later.

haha at least we now know that the problem is the same! so there'd be less problems to look into i hope!
oh and thanks very much PPG for looking into the bug =)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Slight problem.

I tried downloading and applying the alpha patch but I kept getting a "Invalid checksum!" error. I tried applying it and ignoring the error and tried the ROM but it spazzed out. Can you reupload the patch please? T^T

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now. Must have been a bad ROM.

DX

Well I found a rather hazardous bug: if you defeat Freya while poisoned and die of poison in PikPik Grove you'll be teleported back to the dungeon. If you solve the puzzle and exit the dungeon neither Freya nor the exit portal will be there and you will be stuck, unable to continue.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
So... I whited out at the start of the first main dungeon, because I couldn't find anywhere to heal. And I was sent to this glitchy area where I couldnt leave, it was the first mini-dungeon and I couldn't do anything but run around a glitchy mess of tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back