• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMO: Beta Testers.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Nideous looked around as the others began to wake up.

"What are you talking about, what virus?" he asked. Oak looked down at them ad smiled. Why the heck was he smiling for?! This was a serious problem!

"Not to fear, you won't die. Your code has been altered. After the last time this occured, we have been working on a program to counteract the virus. We have put it in each of your data, and your corrupted pokemon. It repaired your code, but unfortunately, you have been altered too much to remove from the game. Even if you weren't... That last virus damaged the game. We can't remove any players at this time. So you are stuck here. Now, there IS something you can do. The main virus is located in the Champion's room. You all are special. You can not be infected by the virus again, due to your new code. While we work on a way to get you back home safe and sound, you can travel through the game and stop the virus. Now, this is the reason we have disabled your control units. We are adding a new option. This new option will allow you to delete viruses without them exploding like that last one did," Oak said. Nideous frowned. They wanted him to go bust viruses? This sounded like a bad Megaman game or something.

"Um... Ok then. But how ill it help us get home? I mean, deleting viruses is all well and good. And it would make the game safer for sure, but why not just shut the game down and work on it that way?" Nideous said. He had a confused look on his face.

"If we did that, in your current state, you would all be deleted. We don't want that to happen," Oak said simply. Nideous shook his head. Well, he was here to play the game. Why not give it a shot?

"I can't speak for them, but I'll do it," Nideous said quietly.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Alason started getting distracted as Oak explained the situation, standing himself up and staring at his bracer. It was something about having altered the player code. Everyone's control unit was offline, including his own, but the button seemed to work fine. It returned little beeps when he pressed it, it just didn't open the menu. Trying to get through the explanation without falling over asleep, he started pressing the button. A lot.

An interface like the regular menu popped up in front of him with a little window in the front. Moderator Panel status: Online and secure. The window shrunk into non-existence and the menu had several options. Aside from the normal options from the regular menu to the right, some on the left referred to the control units and their functions, the players online which had several bits of information about them like location and current actions, and plenty more regarding the server and client functions and game mechanics, along with a couple applications that were programmed in. One of the more prominent options was called "Cure"; it couldn't be turned off. What kind of name was that? Eh, I can figure it out later, he thought as he closed the menu.

"I'll do it." Nideous responded to whatever Oak was saying. First time Alason heard his voice, since everyone else was talking amongst themselves. He didn't really pay attention, but if the players were involved...

"Count me in, too."

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Initializing date, standby.

"Welcome, Aquataris" said a voice,
"Aquataris? Awesome!" Aquataris shouted

Spawning

"Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy" Suddenly he appeared into a room where he didn't have time to look around before a sudden force, sent his face into the floor.

---------------------------------

Aquataris woke, sitting up, he felt a weight on his arm.
He looked at it, it looked like a controller of some sort, he looked around with Yellow names bobbing above their head, the yellow must mean their status.
He tapped the blank screen, nothing, just sparks coming of and an occasional buzzing noise,
He looked up, Oak! he was talking about busting viruses or something,
"I can't speak for them, but I'll do it," Nideous said quietly.
"Count me in, too" Alason said, there was something strange about his name tag, it was blue.
"I'm in!" Aquataris stood up.

He remember the games he plays on the Ultimate Nintendo Game Station 443, or U-NGS443, As a Starter for his Pokémon PurePearl Remake he had a Piplup. Pokémon games were popular now, Sony X-treme interactive Gamer 615, SXIG615 was the new Sony Gaming. Windows had merged with Linux to make Opticule, because Windows was dying.

Last edited:

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Black Mamba was peeved off; these idiots put him in a potentially unsafe environment. He would sue the crap out of them if he could remember whether or not he signed a contract that had put responsibility in his hands.

"Not to fear, you won't die. Your code has been altered. After the last time this occured, we have been working on a program to counteract the virus. We have put it in each of your data, and your corrupted pokemon. It repaired your code, but unfortunately, you have been altered too much to remove from the game. Even if you weren't... That last virus damaged the game. We can't remove any players at this time. So you are stuck here. Now, there IS something you can do. The main virus is located in the Champion's room. You all are special. You can not be infected by the virus again, due to your new code. While we work on a way to get you back home safe and sound, you can travel through the game and stop the virus. Now, this is the reason we have disabled your control units. We are adding a new option. This new option will allow you to delete viruses without them exploding like that last one did," Oak said.

Nideous and Alason said yes so Black Mamba walked over to Oak. "Alright, I'll do it," he said.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
"Not to fear, you won't die. Your code has been altered. After the last time this occured, we have been working on a program to counteract the virus. We have put it in each of your data, and your corrupted pokemon. It repaired your code, but unfortunately, you have been altered too much to remove from the game. Even if you weren't... That last virus damaged the game. We can't remove any players at this time. So you are stuck here. Now, there IS something you can do. The main virus is located in the Champion's room. You all are special. You can not be infected by the virus again, due to your new code. While we work on a way to get you back home safe and sound, you can travel through the game and stop the virus. Now, this is the reason we have disabled your control units. We are adding a new option. This new option will allow you to delete viruses without them exploding like that last one did," Oak said.

Listening to Oak's explanation, Dice mulled over his options in his head. They seemed to be either 'help fix the game' or 'wait and see what happens'. Seeing as he hated having to wait with a passion, he nodded, "I'm in."

Another player's comment reminded Dice of something strangely suiting. Hoping to lighten the mood a little with all the grimdark going on, the DiceBot began singing a familiar tune.

Spoiler:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
"What are you talking about, what virus?" Jack saw a person ask Oak. He had a tag floating near him, with the name "Nideous".

"Not to fear, you won't die. Your code has been altered. After the last time this occured, we have been working on a program to counteract the virus. We have put it in each of your data, and your corrupted pokemon. It repaired your code, but unfortunately, you have been altered too much to remove from the game. Even if you weren't... That last virus damaged the game. We can't remove any players at this time. So you are stuck here. Now, there IS something you can do. The main virus is located in the Champion's room. You all are special. You can not be infected by the virus again, due to your new code. While we work on a way to get you back home safe and sound, you can travel through the game and stop the virus. Now, this is the reason we have disabled your control units. We are adding a new option. This new option will allow you to delete viruses without them exploding like that last one did," Oak replied. Jack kind of lost interest, but he heard his whole lecture nonetheless. Wait, so there was no way out? What the hell? In the end, the game was playing with them, making them complete their job like they desired.

He heard Nideous agree. He also saw another person with the tag "Alason" agree too. This Alason guy was special, Jack could figure out he was a Moderator. He saw a few more guys agree, then he walked up, and said, "Yeah, I'll do it too."

He then tapped at his hand device again, but still no response. "So when will these damn things work?" He asked the professor.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Princess Moon woke up and groaned a bit looking around. No longer where they on the green platform they where now in professor Oaks lab. Standing up she noticed her hand device wasn't working and tuned in just as Professor Oak say "Not to fear, you won't die. Your code has been altered. After the last time this occured, we have been working on a program to counteract the virus. We have put it in each of your data, and your corrupted pokemon. It repaired your code, but unfortunately, you have been altered too much to remove from the game. Even if you weren't... That last virus damaged the game. We can't remove any players at this time. So you are stuck here. Now, there IS something you can do. The main virus is located in the Champion's room. You all are special. You can not be infected by the virus again, due to your new code. While we work on a way to get you back home safe and sound, you can travel through the game and stop the virus. Now, this is the reason we have disabled your control units. We are adding a new option. This new option will allow you to delete viruses without them exploding like that last one did,"

Princess Moon shook her head. Stuck here! that is not what she signed up for. But she herself was going to do whatever it took to get out of here and back to her family. "alright" she spoke up. "I'm in where do we start?"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I wasn't sure what to say. I felt a bit of depression creeping up. Did everyone have to take what I said and make it into something else? Ths was why I was a writer. I didn't have to talk as much. Oak continued his words and I felt a sudden longing to hold Coryn. Though that was rare, I was incredibly out of my element. Maybe odd clinging would make me feel better. Oh well, I just had to stand here sadly.

Oak made a proposal and I felt concerned. So... I had to be an actual trainer and get to the Champion? God... stupid trolls. It really wasn't like I had a choice. "I'll do it," I stated quietly, not looking anywhere but the floor. It wasn't like I had any real reason to be loud and excited or depressed about it. I just wanted to play with the Pokemon.

Nideous

Years
Oak nodded at the group.

"Thank you. Of course, you will all be compensated fairly for this. However, what good is it if the problem is not solved?" Oak said. Nideous rolled his eyes. Oak then waved his hand and all the control units turned back on. Nideous immediately clicked on his Minccino and brought him out.

"As you can see, your functionality has been restored. Your pokemon are fine. Now, go and play the game. I hope to see you all at the Indigo League soon," Oak said. He visibly flickered looked down at the group. Nideous cocked his eyebrow at the man.

"Ah! Hello! You must be new trainers! Welcome to the world of pokemon..." Oak said. Nideous tuned him out as he began the introduction speech. After hearing four different variations of it in Emerald, Leaf Green, Pearl, and Soul Silver, he didn't really care to hear it again.

"Now, I have added the Pokedew function to the Pokevice on each of your arms there. To use the Pokedex, simply scan the pokemon in battle. No need to catch them all to get all the pages filled. Of course, I would still like you to catch them all. Now, go forth! An entire adventure awaits!" Oak finished. Nideous grinned at this. Stupid NPC has no idea.

"So... Anyone still want that battle?" Nideous offered with a grin.

TornZero

Years
The bracer beeped to tell its owner it was functioning again. A little ring followed it and up popped the menu, showing the PokéDex option, which was new.

"No need to catch them all to get all the pages filled." Everything else in his generic speech was boring Alason out of his mind, but that got him hyped up again. Nideous threw out his Minccino immediately, and he offered a battle to just about anyone.

"I'm up for it," he responded, accompanied by a calling-out of his Absol. Moros landed next to his trainer and stared blankly at the Minccino. This was a good test for the PokéDex scanner, so Alason lifted his bracer and pointed the hand-end at the Unova Pokémon. He didn't even have to press anything, it just sent out a grid-style light wave and scanned the Minccino, pulling up a small menu with a three-dimensional view of Minccino and text data under it. It had the height, weight, a little button to play back the cry, and a synthesized female voice reading off the description.

These Pokémon prefer a tidy habitat. They are always sweeping and dusting, using their tails as brooms.

Last edited:

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Black Mamba was satisfied by one comment, "you will all be compensated fairly for this." He wasn't money hungry, but he was mad at being trapped here. Oh well, it was time to do what he came here for and play the game.

Black Mamba went to Pokemon on his menu and looked at Hydra's stats. It had a Rash nature, and knew Tackle and Dragon Rage. "Dragon Rage," said Black Mamba out loud. He then selected Hydra and threw his Pokeball into the air. Out came the Deino.

Black Mamba walked over to Route 1 and went into the grass. Soon, a Bidoof appeared. "Alright Hydra, use Dragon Rage!!!" said Black Mamba. Hydra fired a ball of fire from its mouth that instantly fainted the Bidoof. The Bidoof exploded into pixels upon fainting. Hydra gained experience points.

Black Mamba was loving this. Deino started out with the move Dragon Rage which always did forty HP damage. And everything up to a certain point had HP lower than that. Training would be easy.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
"Ah! Hello! You must be new trainers! Welcome to the world of pokémon," Oak started
Yes! Now I can play the game. Aquataris thought, next thing he knew the speech was over.

Bleep

He looked at his device it became operational.

"Now, I have added the Pokedew function to the Pokevice on each of your arms there. To use the Pokedex, simply scan the pokemon in battle. No need to catch them all to get all the pages filled. Of course, I would still like you to catch them all. Now, go forth! An entire adventure awaits!" Oak said as he smiled

"Awesome!" He thought out loud as he played around with the device.

He looked just as he wanted and he looked at his pokémon, Piplup! just as he had on his U-NGS443.

He pressed the button and then particles came out of thin air and shrouded the palm of his hand and materialized a pokéball,

then another screen came up on his "Menu" as he now called it.

Would you like to Nickname your PIPLUP?

He looked at the bar below and said "King"

Are you sure you want the name KING?

"Why not?"

Invalid answer, Please use the Term "YES" or "NO".

"Yes." Aquataris sighed.

Your PIPLUP is now named KING.

"King! C'mon out!" he said as he went outside and through the Pokéball at the computerised floor, and it didn't come out.

"Uhhh, Menu? Mind helping out?"

POKéBALL carrying KING is locked, this system prevents other players taking it because it will stop them from letting it out, Energy extraction and many other things PREVIOUS TESTERS or ALPHA TESTERS have had trouble with.

"How do I unlock it?"

POKéBALL 1 has been unlocked for usage of AQUATARIS

"Ummm, Okay... I guess..."

"Go! King!" He through the pokéball at the ground, it jumped up and opened with a dash of white light swirled the area he aimed at and it accumulated into a small blob that turned into the shape of a Piplup.

The light faded as a small cry was heard "Pipllllllllllllllllllup!"

"Awesome Piplup what moves do you know?" Aquataris was interrupted.

KING knows SCRATCH and POUND.

"Let's go King!" Aquataris ran into the wild, unknowing to the dangers that lie ahead.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Bone sat on the floor in Oak's lab, he had heard everything the professor had said to them. One thing, no two things, were on his mind currently. Compensation and that final virus... Man, playing a pokemon MMO, busting viruses and getting paid for it? This was the dream, and Bone was living it! He looked at the device on his arm, he clicked on it and brought up all the different menus. Bone, the name he always chose when he started up a new pokemon-game, he chuckled a bit going through the rest of the menus. His appearance? Just like he requested, perfect.

He opend up the pokemon-tab, there he saw his only pokemon, a Poliwag. Bone paused for a moment thinking what he should name it, it had to be something clever, something suiting... Then he had it! D-o-n-G-e-r-o he typed in, clicked on some buttons and then, he had a pokeball containing DonGero the Poliwag in his hand.

Bone pressed the pokeball's button and saw as DonGero began to matrialize before him. It gave off a cute little cry that almost made Bone squee. He started to pet the Poliwag, whoa! He felt the pokemon's damp skin, so life-like! Then he looked at the other players through his Pokevice, seemed like Alason and Nideous were having a battle...

Bone walked up to them, "Might aswell scan their pokemon while I'm at it." he thought. He pointed the Pokevice first at Alason's Absol and then at Nideous' Minccino.
*Ping* DATA ACUIRED
Bone chuckled, "Nice, two pokemon seen out of like a million." he joked to himself. He put DonGero on his virtual head and walked out the door of Oak's lab. He began going towards Route 1 seeing another person sprint by. "Hmm, Aquataris eh?" he thought upon seeing the person's username, this was gonna be awesome experience and Bone knew it, he smiled at DonGero who was happily giving off small cries while sitting on Bone's head.

Nideous

Years
Nideous grinned and looked at the Absol in front of him. He didn't need his pokedex to now what that was!

"Ok Cayla. Let's start things off with Pound!" Nideous said. He looked around and saw that a few of the others had wandered off. That was fine. Let them leave. He was too focused on the battle. Cayla charged at the Absol, her tail beginning to glow with soft white light. She leapt into the air and swung it at the Absol's head.

"Minccino!" she called at as she swung her tail.

TornZero

Years
"OK, Cayla. Let's start things off with Pound!" Guess they were starting, though a few of the others darted out. Their loss for not taking the chance to battle with their new Pokémon right off. Meanwhile, the Mincinno jumped and tried to bat at the Absol with her tail.

"Moros, back off and use Scratch!" He immediately did as he was commanded, leaping back towards Alason. Then it leaped in again after a moment with his claws bared, trying to leave a mark on the little rodent housekeeper in front of him.

This feeling was nice. A live-action Pokémon battle was certainly more exhilarating than just watching one take place on a GameBoy or DS screen.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Dice examined a bookcase whole Oak gave his speech, not too interested in it since he already knew what was happening. Taking out a book, he opened it just to see how realistic this simulation was. Most of the pages were just a big animated block, unfortunately, but it opened to two pages. The book seemed to be an instruction manual for the Pip-Boys. Or Pokevices, as Oak called them. He liked Pip-Boy better, more catchy. Setting it back on the shelf, he picked out another one, finding it was the same. Noticing he hadn't done the nickname process properly, Dicebot waited until the speech was done and opened up his menu, going to Pokemon. There he nicknamed Spiritomb 'Jester' since the original name, sadly, would not fit. Probably for the best.

Doing a little spin on his heel after he put the book back, Dice watched the two begin battling. Figuring he might as well give the combat system a shot, Dice made his way outside and into the tall grass. After some wandering, music began to play in the background, and the player was confronted with a wild Pidgey. Using the menu to select Jester, Dice called up the Pokeball and sent it out. He checked the movelist, "Heh... This should be simple enough, exploiting the mechanics. I'll want to get a non-Ghost move soon though, grinding like this will take forever. Jester, Curse it!"

The area seemed to get darker for a moment as phantom nails materialized, spearing into both combatants. There was no blood, which was expected. The dark faded and Jester's life bar decreased by half. The bird ineffectually attempted to attack Jester with Tackle a few times. All the while Dice had the ghost spam Spite, since there seemed to be no 'skip turn' option. After three turns the Pidgey was down to a quarter of health, so Dice called up a Pokeball and tossed it. The sphere struck the Tiny Bird Pokemon and drew it in with a flash of red light. Landing on the ground, the ball began rocking back and forth. With the lack of a B+Down to hold, Dice instead crossed his fingers for luck.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Bone stopped in front of the tall grass, this was it, the first step. He stepped into the patch of grass in hope of finding anything. But nothing came,
"Of course, whenever you don't want a wild battle to happen, they do. And when you DO want them to happen, nope, nothing." Bone said as he frowned. Then he decided to check his Pokevice for info about the game,
"Wait what?" he said, "They've added pokemon from all generations into this game? But this is Route 1 in Kanto! There shouldn't be 4th and 5th gen pokemon here! Oh well, whatever." Bone checked the Pokedex-app to see if he could find either Minccino or Absol around here... But to his dissapointment, they didn't seem to be available at all, probably due to the fact that two other players had them as starters...

Bone walked along the route, which seemed longer than in the other games. Suddenly, a familiar tune filled Bone's ears, it was the "Kanto wild battle"-theme from the 2nd gen games.
But instead of a Rattata or Pidgey, he was facing off against a Patrat.
"Cool." Bone smirked, "Let's do this DonGero!"
He let the Poliwag down from his head and it waggled around until it was standing a few feet away from the Patrat.
"Let's see here..." Bone checked what moves DonGero knew.
Water Sport and Bubble? Fair enough.
"Go for a Bubble DonGero!" Bone yelled out, DonGero opend his mouth and a small stream of bubbles shot out. The attack hit the Patrat and drained about a third of its health. The rat-like pokemon charged with a Tackle towards DonGero hitting the Poliwag for, A CRITICAL HIT!
"What the hell?! Bull***t!" Bone yelled angrily, "Hit it with another Bubble!". DonGero got up, his health being in the red zone, the music slowed down and a little beeping sound started to play.
DonGero fired another small stream of bubbles from his mouth, they hit the Patrat head on, draining another third of the pokemon's health.

Bone smiled, he took out a pokeball from his backpack, he clicked the little white button and smilingly saw the pokeball expand. He lunged it towards the Patrat, the red and white ball hit the pokemon and sucked it in.
The pokeball was now rocking back and forth on the ground,
"Come on, come on..." Bone chanted.

Back