• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What version of the game are you playing?

What version do you have?

• Black 2

Votes: 71 43.3%
  • White 2

Votes: 67 40.9%
  • Black 2 and White 2

Votes: 26 15.9%

• Total voters

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm playing on White 2 because I played White, and it's consistent with the story and such.

I won't get Black 2, I haven't bought complementary versions since Ruby and Sapphire; it seems like a big waste of money to me :\

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Pretty much got Black 2 only because I played Black 1, so I wanted the story I was playing to actually make sense(story is everything).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Bought White 2, 'cos I thought White 2 is the continuation of White, which I got last time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I got Black 2 since I much prefer the version exclusives and I never liked the idea of White Forest. Black 2 has Buneary, Registeel, Gible, Ariados, Heracross; all the cool Pokémon! Also I got Black first time around so I'd feel weird swapping now haha, continuity is key. :D

Nes-One

Another Person Into Pokemon
Years
I got white 2 eventhough I played black first, I didn't want to go with white 2 since I wanted to do a continuation but then again I couldn't find a rom download for black 2. And I just wanted to play desperately regardless of the version. Kind of regretted it after I saw the cutscene of Reshiram, I just think Zekrom's is cooler.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm still playing White 2 at the moment. I'll probably start switching back and forth between the versions soon.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
001.gif
Pokemon Black Version 2!
646-black.gif

Pokemon Seen so far: 287|386
Pokemon Caught so far: 280|338

Looks like the Isshu/Unova Pokedex is almost complete.

Pokemon that needs to level grind: Tepig, Oshawott, Tirtouga, Archen, Pawniard, Spheal, and Pupitar.
Pokemon that needs breeding: Roselia/Roserade, Volcarona, Drifblim, Piloswine/Mamoswine, and Golurk (Which I'm breeding right now)
Pokemon that I need to trade: either Roufflet or Braviary, maybe Braviary since I have Mandibuzz right now, and Pinsir, I could get one in the Hidden Grotto, but that would be annoying as heck, so I'm not going to bother.

Once I get most of the Pokedex filled in Black 2, I'll begin playing more of White 2 since I was focusing on playing Black 2 right now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I got Black 2, because I thought that my Japanese White 2 keys could get transferred there, too bad it couldn't get transferred...Anyways, I prefer to get the first of the pair (HGSS=HG, B2W2=B2)

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I'm currently playing White 2, which I'm planning to play the most. Also I have Black 2. At the moment, I'm in Opelucid City in both games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Black 2, to continue the plot of Black. All that's left for me to do is soft reset for some shiny legendaries, finish up the PokeDex, and do what is necessary to max out my trainer card! I'm also trying to make the "perfect" Join Avenue. I've been playing since day one of its American release but I still have so much to do!

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I went with Black 2, because I went with Black originally, so it seemed like the logical thing to do. I don't know if I'll ever get White 2 or not...probably not, because I didn't get a copy of White. There is the possibility I'll get both White and White 2 in the future, because I'm unlikely to ever restart my copy of Black, but I'm content to wait and see what the next version released is and when it'll be released before I think about it.

Stasis

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Pokemon White 2 player over here!

It seems to be a pretty good mix between both the Black and White versions. Awesome.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I bought Black2 - my main reasoning - Meowth is only obtainable to male players - even now I'm still trying to get it, I do want to get White2 since Skitty is only on it (version exclusive) first I want to buy SoulSilver and Pearl - for me, my dream has come true- having my favorite Unova Pokemon in my team [that is Liepard].

Years
I don't have either game yet but I do plan on getting Black 2 first since I love the version exclusives better and I also played Black first of the original pair so it'd be fitting I'd get the sequel of the one I played.

Back