• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Criticism

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
As writers and reviewers, everyone takes fire. Whether it be flames, trolls, etc. It's practically inevitable. If someone doesn't like your writing, they'll most likely state a few insulting comments and leave. This also applies to reviewing, as if you post an "insulting" quote/unquote review, you will inevitably be scrutinized by its fans.

So the question stands, how do you handle that situation? Do you simply ignore it and keep on doing as you do, or do you answer back?

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Most of the reviews I get are very polite, though if I do get a review like that, I just reply back honestly and thank them for reviewing. There's nothing wrong with being polite. Though, if the review is obviously written by a troll, I ignore it.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
If I do get any negative reviews these days, which I don't because reviews are scarce, I'd really just take my time to defend my point of view really --why it might not suck as much as the critic's made it out to be. If the review's making some sense, but is still insulting, I'd accept the review, but I'd mention something along the veins of politeness and etiquette in reviewing.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
As said it depends. If it's flaming I would ignore it, or maybe laugh to myself about it (and I guess one can't please everyone anyway!). If not then I'd read it, think how they must be totally wrong, go take a walk, and read it again and then probably accept they may have some points, although that depends how they back up their criticism. =p If it isn't I think I would probably reply with a 'please explain'.

Constructive crit of course is a different matter.

Back