• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stranded

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I got this idea from my roleplay here on PC, and I figured it would make a good story.

There's a ship in a storm that sinks and only a couple of people (5 or 6) make it to the island. There they must face the need of food, water and shelter, of getting along with each other and of the idea of never going home. Of course there's the occasional character that can't stand the other, there's the disasters that come with survival.

And then they are not alone on the island (No, not Lost style). There's a tribe of island people in the forest, one of them is a very curious little lady with a very limited vocabulary of English (picked up from other survivors who she spied on). But, while watching the survivors one of them finds her and befriends her.

something along those rough line. What do you think?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I'd think it could work :)

You could include elements of man vs. man, man vs. nature, and man vs. themself too :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Haha, the ancient old conflicts. Isn't it so that every conflict can be put into one of those categories?

Vs. yourself, vs. someone else and vs. everyone?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah, there is also vs. God; vs. *object* Oo lol I can't remember... this is from like junior high O_o

Vs. one's self is usually the more interesting conflict, but also hardest to recreate. Man vs. man being the easiest.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
This idea has potential. However, you'd need to get a good geographical location to pull it off.

Also, the plot seems a little too 'Survivor'. Maybe throw in something interesting?

I had an idea a lot like this and one of the characters worshiped a god that didn't exist, making them an outcast. Though, I never did write it. .
Something along the lines of that would make the story more interesting and bring a lot of focus to that character.​

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Perhaps if she wanted to do that though, it would have to be brought in, very early in the story, as bringing it out in the most inappropriate/appropriate time would not only confuse the reader, but seem to try to push interest.

Back