• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If the follow me feature were to be implemented...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There's loads I'd like really... Virizion and Cobalion would be high on the list, 'cause I just think they look awesome :3 and Samurott. And Landorus. There's too many to list 'em all :laugh:

lol if they had different overworlds of the Unova Pokemon with a following feature then Samurott with like a sword or something would be adorable to see walking, like a real... otter-thing except with a badass sword it holds up!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd have a Foongus follow me around because it'd look so adorable omg. It'd sway from side to side and wave it's tiny little arms and awww I want one ;; There is the possibility that it'll just look like a Pokéball following you around from an aerial view, but I'm sure they'd sort that out haha.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I think Deino and Zweilous would look rather adorable following behind. Not Hydreigon though, he's ugly.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I wanted this feature to be implemented in the Black & White 2 games, but unfortunately it didn't happen..:( I really liked this feature in HG/SS! Makes me feel closer to my Pokemon. <3

If this feature was to be implemented in B/W or B/W2, I want..I want..Joltik to follow me around! Just imagine it in real life: Joltik riding on my shoulder. So cute! :3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think Victini would look cool following you around. :D

Cyclone

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I'd have my Zekrom follow me around, because it's a giant jet black ****ing dragon that's why.

Years
A couple of the different legendaries would be interesting to have following me around, but if I could choose one of my Unova Pokemon to follow me it would be my Sigilyph (provided it didn't have to be the first Pokemon in your party like HG/SS).

Lunicli

Ongoing Competitive Battler
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I can totally picture my scraggy walking with me. Oh yes.

AnimexFan

Wee!!
Years
I'd personally choose Gothitelle, Jellicent, Serperior, Mienshao, and Chandelure. It's pretty much my entire team. haha

Years
Alongside my obvious choice of Oshawott, I'd like to see Chandelure, Jellicent, Gothitelle, Beheeyem, Elgyem and also Excadrill.

And I'd also love to have the Vanillite line follow me cos I love those cute little ice-creams.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I wouldn't care, it'd just be whatever Pokémon is at the top of my party.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'd have my shiny Whimsicott follow me around. I imagine she would float about and look adorable. :3 What's Gamefreak's excuse since fans have done all the overworld sprites? Haha.

edit: I wasn't thinking about using the fans' work. I was thinking more about if fans can do it, why didn't the big people do it? Just something nice for the fans, but the follow-me feature can stay exclusive to HGSS and Yellow, too.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd have my shiny Whimsicott follow me around. I imagine she would float about and look adorable. :3 What's Gamefreak's excuse since fans have done all the overworld sprites? Haha.
"We do not accept work from third parties. All such work must be done within our studios."

Or somesuch, if they were to be asked.

I actually think, based on how the game works, that B/W was built off of Platinum's base, so that's why features that existed in HG/SS did not get imported. We can hope someday that a sixth gen. game is built off of the HG/SS base. It seems to me that B/W and HG/SS were developed simultaneously, and why B2/W2 doesn't use HG/SS features is simple: they already had the B/W base and simply had to edit maps, create new storyline scripts, etc. They probably didn't see a need to revisit the "follow me" feature.

Cyclone

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i would normally have wobbuffet follow me around but considering he would have to fight the level 5 patrats i would stick with lucario since he looks cool and is an awesome sweeper

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would alternate between my party Pokemon. But if I could only chose one it would be Meganium <3 How cool would it be if your whole party could follow you?

Back