• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

oh boy another new year thread

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Ok so it's 2013. How long does it take you to get used to it? Does it take you a month to start finally writing the date correctly? And does it actually take a whole year to get to that point where you say "I was just starting to get used to this year"?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It actually takes me two months to get the year correctly. So yeah...during my first two months of school I'll be writing 2012 instead of 2013. By mid semester I'll finally have it right. xD

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well I'll probably write the date correctly at least 80 percent of the time by next month, but I won't be fully used to it until about August when the new school year begins. By that time I'll have had summer break, essentially wiping out my memory that 2012 ever happened. xD

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I get used to it almost instantly maybe the first month will trip me up but everything else is fine. It's Daylight Savings that kills me xD

Years
Probably a month or so. I was writing something yesterday and ended up writing, "January 2012" instead of 2013, haha. XD; Luckily I caught that almost instantly, otherwise it would've really been embarrassing.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Time seems to go too quickly. I don't know how long it'll take me to write the date correctly; probably a while. I can't even remember my own grade sometimes (and actually have to frantically think it through for a moment) and nearly referred to myself as the wrong age today. Obviously, I can't remember things very well.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Usually after a few days have passed, going into the new year. I remember on 4th January 2010, I was still writing 2009....

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It depends how distracted I am.

Last year, when 12012 just came, I still wrote the year 2011 on all of my worksheets until the month of May *_*

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I might maybe write the wrong year once or twice... but probably not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I havent gotten the chance to write the date because im on break for school and Ive been sick so I havent done much xD But I usually take awhile to get it right, maybe a month or so before I stop writing 2012.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It takes me at least a week, sometimes longer, to write the date correctly. As for getting used to the new year mentally, not very long, since each day is just another day for me.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I've already had to write some documents and I have yet to accidentally write 2012 ! I agree with Kura, it feels like 2013 to me.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
It takes me a month to get used to an new year which is okay now I've left high school where I had to date all my work in every lesson.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It used to take me a while, but for some reason, this year I automatically feel that it's 2013.

This also happens to be me.

Usually it takes a few months to get used to writing the date right. However yesterday I was filling out a job application and when I wrote the date out next to my signature saying I agree with the places terms, I automatically wrote 2013 thinking I would screw up and write 2012. So I haven't messed up it yet since it really feels like 2013 already.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I haven't had to write the date since I graduated high school lmao.

Usually it takes me ages to get used to the new year. I'll still say "last year" referring to 2009 even though last year is now 2010 etc. This year it's been totally different though; I seem to have taken to it from New Year's Day. It's the weirdest thing!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't remember the last time I had to write the date, but ordinarily it takes me months before I get into the habit of writing the new year's number in place of the old one. I know it shouldn't be that difficult but writing the date isn't really something you pay much attention to so it's easy to make a mistake like that haha.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I can adapt to a new year in an instant. I don't get my 2012 and 2013's mixed up. I treat another year like it's the same as the previous one.

Back