• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swapped at Birth

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
You are with your SO that you know is your life partner. Whether you're expecting or not, you end up having a baby. You get home and spend a few weeks, growing attached to your child and falling in love with all their quirks. Then the hospital calls and informs you that there was a mix up... you got the wrong child. What do you do??

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Crap, that's such a nightmare because I can't even let go of my pride long enough to return clothes. The moral thing is to swap babies and that'd probably be what happens whether I like it or not. Chances are the other family got informed as well, so unless we were REALLY attached to the kids then we'd end up switching them back.

Years
Meh, few weeks, yeah it would be a bit traumatic, but I could deal with swapping back children. If we are talking about a year or several years, then, I would do anything in my power to not let that child out of my custody. The question would remain, how would I feel about allowing my biological child to be raised by someone else?

So, I would definitely find my biological child and see if the parents seem to be adequate. If so, the child would be happier staying with that loving family, so I would not intervene. If the family is impoverished or otherwise unfit, I would do everything in my power to obtain custody of both children.

Years
While it would be an incredibly tough situation to deal with, I think knowing that I'm getting my own flesh and blood would outweigh having to give up a child we raised for a couple of weeks. If it had been a few months or years, it would be much, much harder to deal with, and we might consider legally adopting the child as our own, but in this scenario it wouldn't get to that point.

Hopefully we'd be able to turn the negative mix-up into a positive, though, and befriend the other baby's parents, so we'd still be able to watch them grow up. I think if that was the case, I'd be more at ease to have to swap children, and hope that they can one day become friends themselves.

No matter how it played out, though, I'd probably be furious at the hospital for being able to make such a big mistake.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Hanna is not my Daughter I would be like, I would get in touch with her real parents I see what they think is best for them. As I always say the child is more important that the parent.

If it was best I raise the child I would fight for her with all my power to see it is done.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I would do what they did on Switched at Birth, which I recommend people check out because tehe I'm not going to spoil ittttt. :D

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Firstly, I'd rage so hard at the hospital that made the mix up, so I could put off having to make the decision for as long as possible.

Eventually, I guess that I'd have to swap the babies, but it would hurt pretty damn bad.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
This almost happened to me!

I was born and the nurses took me away to be cleaned or whatever it is they do. But they brought back a different baby to my mom. She noticed immediately and they doubted her first.

All sorted out in the end XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think people need to pay more attention so that dosent happen :/ Id be angry for the mix up and probably traumatized that that had happened. It would be difficult to give up a child that Id thought was mine originally.

Back