• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Another question. Can we use banned type pokemon that are mandatory in other eras? Like could I use Crobat in Mobster Mania in Hoenn?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Another question. Can we use banned type pokemon that are mandatory in other eras? Like could I use Crobat in Mobster Mania in Hoenn?

You can only use the mandatory Pokemon of an era in the era they belong to. And each generation of an era has different mandatory pokemon. So, unless Crobat is listed as a mandatory pokemon in Hoenn's mobster maia (which I'm pretty sure isn't xD) you can't use it, even if it might be mandatory for a different region of the same era.

Svien

The cool guy
Years
I thought I might post an update on my progres:
Team:
Torterra, level 44
Moves: Earthquake, Bite, Synthesis, Razor Leaf
Basiodon, level 36
Moves: Taunt, AncientPower, Take Down, Iron Defense
Yanma, level 27
Moves: SonicBoom, Detect, Supersonic, Uproar
Badges: 5

Is it right that the only pokemon that is allowed in your team that can learn fly Aerodactyl?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
You could use an HM slave for Fly or Aerodactyl since it comes from a fossil.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Username: ShadowGreninja
Game: Soul Silver
Era: Post-Apocalyptic Era

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I have an idea for a time.. "Rise of Communism"

Era Types: Dark, Fighting, Fire, Ground, Normal, Poison, Electric

Mandatory:
If you can, use a Pokemon that can learn moves that represent the Hammer, Sickle, and Red Star. Ursaring, Beartic, and Pangoro may also be used as bears are symbolic of the Russian people.
Avoid Pokemon associated with enemies of Mother Russia, including money (like Meowth [Greed] and Sharpedo [Loan sharks]), our American adversaries (like Snorlax, Slaking, and Braviary), and the Czar (any Pokemon associated with royalty and the bourgeoisie, such as Honchkrow, Pyroar etc.), and any Pig-like Pokemon ("Capitalist pigs" Primeape, Mamoswine, Emboar)

Banned Types: Fairy, Dragon, Ghost, Psychic, Grass, Bug

Era Rules: You must NEVER use the Poke Mart (unless you need TMs), as it represents the tyranny of capitalism! However... Other stores, those are run by working class comrades, are the only places you may buy from or sell to. Also.. NO HM SLAVES!
Johto game rules: Once you reach Kanto, you may Rock(excluding fossils), Ice (excluding Swinub line and Delibird), and Steel-types.
(Optional Rules: "Stalin Mode; Add two non-banned types to the list, because Russia has entered World War II! Also, churches are open for wartime, so any "Holy" Pokemon may be used (but still no Legendaries)."
"Gorbachev Mode; You may use ONE Pokemon associated with our old enemies and ONE banned type during this period of Glasnost! And buy whatever you'd like, the market is free!")

If you accept this as a Time, I will take the challenge.
Username: Digimon Kaiser
Game: Soul Silver (or Sapphire if my Rise of Communism is not accepted)
Era: Rise of Communism ( or The Pirate Golden Age if RoC is not accepted)

Last edited:

blademaa

Dragon-Type Trainer
Years

Username: blademaa
Game: Emerald
Era: Time Rift

I do have a question though, and I'd like it if you could PM it the answer to me. Anyways, this is regarding the types that are allowed. What about the Starters? Do they not fall under the typing ban, or do they? Also, for the Lost rule, do you get to pick an Era in the beginning before you go to a gym, or no?Those are all my questions. I'll leave a Log of what I have done every day, along with a link to a video of it that I will be recording for Youtube. I will be using the Pokemon Emerald ROM since I no longer own a gameboy to play it on. Plus, this will help you legitimize my team and Era rules.

I'd also like to make a Era recommendation.

Great Depression Era:
Era Types: View attachment 71344View attachment 71345View attachment 71346View attachment 71347
Mandatory:
Kanto: Venomoth or Venonat
Johto: Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, or Muk
Hoenn: Linoone or a pokemon with Pick-up
Sinnoh: Croagunk or Toxicroak
Unova: Trubbish
Kalos: Furfrou (No styling allowed. Must remain the same style throughout.)
Banned: Electric, Psychic, Fairy, Dragon, Dark.
Era Rules: You must follow the first two rules, and choose a bonus rule at the bottom.
>Stock Market Crash: You may only purchase lower-grade items. Period. You may NOT sell any items until you have gotten the 4th Gym Badge.
>The Dust Bowl: One of your pokemon must learn Sandstorm.
>>The New Deal: The New Deal has been put in place, and the CCC has just been authorized. You may pick any one banned type and use it after you obtain the 2nd Badge. You must have one pokemon remain at the Evolution you get it at, and that pokemon must be, at most, 5 levels higher than any other Pokemon on your team.
>>WWII Industrial Boom: The Great Depression has just hit a turning point. Electric-Types are now authorized for use. Also, you must have one Pokemon that can learn a Projectile-move (Fling, Bullet Seed, Razor Leaf, Rollout, Rockblast, etc.).

Johto Game Rule: The Odd One Out: Looks like you are a cut above the rest. Once you can access Kanto, you may use Dragon-Types. Also, your Youngest Pokemon has just retired. You are now allowed to evolve the pokemon that you used for the New Deal Rule (If you chose to.).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tek

Years
I've got a bit of a good news, bad news update. The bad: I don't have a GBC or Silver version anymore, so I have to drop my Medieval challenge. The good news is that I'm ready to challenge the E4 in my Jurassic Jam challenge. Here's the update:

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

EDIT: attempted to beat E4 just for grins, accidentally won.

Final update:
Spoiler:

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Closing Remarks:
I really enjoyed this challenge. I've used a Butterfree before, but I've never kept it to the end, and never bothered with Beedrill at all. I'll probably take another Time Warp journey eventually, but I'm going to avoid the ones where you can't use Pokemarts. It makes perfect sense why they were unavailable, and I did volunteer for the restriction, but it just took way more time than I would've liked with the constant running back to the Poke center (this was a 60-hour challenge).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Pokemon%20Sapphire_1397959908992_zpsf8kee8io.png

Finished Stone Age (again - for screenshot).

Torkoal was surprisingly good, though I used him less later in the game. Bellossom was my star - she was a total powerhouse with Petal Dance. Swampert was Swampert - same as normal. Relicanth was there out of necessity and because Double Edge. Exploud was just to carry the type moves that were forbidden (like electric ones) and did that well. Aggron was brill - I'm very glad I caught him early on.

Finished Egyptian Era.

Pokemon%20Sapphire_1398042326115_zpsxgpubkf2.png

Ninjask was amazing. Altaria was very good too. Xatu was a surprise because it was great. Rhydon was good, though if I made him physical he'd have been stronger. Sandslash was amazing because he was fast. Delcatty was good too, albeit very fragile.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I would be interested in joining up but I have two issues:
1) I'm confused by what the noted era types and banned types mean for the types that are not mentioned in each era.
2) Why are there mandatory Pokemon that conflict with banned types / colours / whatever (specifically: Lucario and Heliolisk in Egyptian Era, Malamar in Pirate Age, Scyther/Scizor in Progressive Era, Crobat and Honchkrow in Mobster Mania, Miltank and Rotom in Westward Expansion, and Trevenant and Gourgeist in Time Rift)?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I would be interested in joining up but I have two issues:
1) I'm confused by what the noted era types and banned types mean for the types that are not mentioned in each era.
2) Why are there mandatory Pokemon that conflict with banned types / colours / whatever (specifically: Lucario and Heliolisk in Egyptian Era, Malamar in Pirate Age, Scyther/Scizor in Progressive Era, Crobat and Honchkrow in Mobster Mania, Miltank and Rotom in Westward Expansion, and Trevenant and Gourgeist in Time Rift)?
Banned types means that even if the Pokemon has an Era type, if it has a banned type it can never be used.

Pokemon with only types not mentioned cannot be used.

And mandatory Pokemon override any type requirements of the era.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Username:okoloto
Game:fire red
Era: Jurasic Jam but i made up one of the ways that i play. When i complete a era i get a bit of the energy to travel to the next era so when i complete one i will do the next one

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Username: GucciMeme
Game: Blue, Black
Era: Jurrassic Jam

No money, no problems.

FINISHED BLACK:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
Username: lukesk1
Game: Pearl
Era: Sci-Fi like Era

Quick question, If there are no pure poison types in Pearl, and it's mandatory for my era to at least have one, then what do I do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Quick question, If there are no pure poison types in Pearl, and it's mandatory for my era to at least have one, then what do I do?

You can use a poison type of your choice then.
I should go over that rule again c.c

Years
And we just came back from traveling to egyptian era with these pals:

Venusaur, Pidgeot, Swoobat, Scolipede, Nidoqueen and Espeon.. Weird looking team for Emerald right? Well it wasn't emerald.. it was Flora Sky C. Dex version~

Here is the hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Here is the final team:

196.gif

Nira|Female|Sassy Nature|Synchronize|Lvl 63|@Lucky Egg
Calm Mind
Morning Sun
Bite
Psychic

018.gif

Pilot|Male|Naive Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 56|@Lucky Egg
Fly