• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It's not the tileset - if you look in the Screenshot Showcase thread, I've beenusing those tiles for a few months.
The hero sprite hasn't changed either.
Keep guessing :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I did change the tileset slightly - the new flowers and sand tiles haven't been shown before.

But the main change, as shinylugia249 and Lorem Ipsum noticed, is that I've increased the resolution. This was because I felt some of the screens were becoming too cluttered, and I was running out of space, especially on the Trainer Memo page of the Summary screen. Advance-style sprites are staying, though. But all of them will be recoloured :O

Expect screens tomorrow (and possibly some details on the story)! :D
I'm going to try and renovate the first post next weekend.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
The new screenshot looks pretty good. The only thing I would say is that I'm really not sure if the character is in the center of the screen or if it's just me. Notice how you can see like half the grass.

Atomic Reactor

If i were you, id add a small shade of dark green, or a semi transparent shadow to act as the shadow for those ledges.
I just think it would look better.
Games lookin good tho :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
More screens, this time of the Summary screen in the new DS resolution.
Screenshot135.png
Screenshot136.png
Screenshot137.png
Screenshot138.png
Screenshot139.png

Not the most exciting screens, but they do have new graphics. New Axolitl sprite, too :D
I also added a few things to the trainer memo - the capture details and a small notes section. In this, you can give each of your Pokémon a comment - useful for all kinds of things ;)
I'm not sure what I should have in the purple bit on the left, though. Any suggestions?

Also, here's the new Trainer Card.
Screenshot140.png
Screenshot141.png

The reverse is similar to the trainer cards you see on the internet. I'm planning on adding the Pokémon's levels and gender. There's a small bug where the starter Pokémon doesn't register on the Pokédex, hence only having one Pokémon caught on the front. It's easily fixed, though.
Dipleaf's head has been changed, too.

Finally, here's an animation of the new menu system.
Menu.gif

Left and right to switch the selected option, and up and down to switch your team order. Rather simple controls :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The new tiles look amazing. The tiles all look really well together.
The DS Resolution is better I think. The simpler controls to the menu will make things much quick to get done. Good job Wichu. This project is one of my favs on the board. I like your scripting skills, and how your trying to use your own ideas rather then take someone elses.
Cool update.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
amazing..!!
It's just.... yeah, Amazing!!:D
I really like this game, I wonder why i haven't posted on it before 0_o
So Wichu, keep up the good work!

PoKéMaKeR

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
nice game its clearly obvious your skilled at scripting and graphics... please keep up the good work..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
With the tiles, I tried to emulate Kyledove's style, as I think it's one of the more distinct styles. I didn't want to use his own tiles, as a lot of games are using them, so I made some myself.

I also forgot to mention that the menu icons are placeholders until I make some specifically for it. That's why there's multiple Pokéball ones and why they don't match.

Finally, I get the feeling someone's rated my thread 1 star recently :(
Actually, it could be that two people rated it 3 stars, but that's not very satisfying either.

From now, if you rate the thread, please tell me how I could improve, unless you think it's perfect (which it isn't).

Years
Well done with that summary screen!
Hope to see anything else soon =)
And I have some time now, so if you want help with some sprites ask me..

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Sweeeet. I like it. Oh and the bottom hmm i have an idea. You could add a family tree. You know if a breeder you could have that little addition to make it more fun. Or a rareness/preciousness meter. Say its gotten through 8 gyms a master rank contest is shiny-reverse skinned and won the E4. It would have a rareness/preciousness/rank of elite pokemon. It is prized by its trainer mitch. It has been with him from the start and helped him through many obstacles.
Good idea eh?

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2008
Hey Wichu,the games coming on great,can't wait for it to finish!

The more screenies,the less I can wait!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
~link smash~: Keep in mind that it has to fit; good luck squeezing a family tree into there! It should be something simple. Actually, that gives me an idea - the item it's holding fills it perfectly (even though that's already on the first page of the Summary screen).

Thanks for the support!
A few posts above this, I asked people rating the thread to give ways in which I could improve. You haven't been doing that!
Especially the person who just gave it 4. What should I improve to bring it up to a 5? It doesn't help if you rate it without saying why you gave it that score...

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
Well i don't know if this improves the game or not but you know when you catch a pokemon and it shows there profile right after you catch it how about it shows also in the corner what moves they know i got that idea from pokemon diamond and pearl when paul always used his pokedex after he catches a pokemon to see whattype of moves they got but it's just a suggestion though.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
Yayyys. I really like those screens. The resolution is much better. Although, about the trainer card, if you're using the advanced sprites, the card looks very empty to the right. The new menu looks great as well (although, I prefer the old one better ^__^;;). Are you just working on getting the games system working right now, or have you started on the story? Can't wait for the next update!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back