• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red X's

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
None of the images are showing up on this website. I tried to see if it was a problem with my computer, I don't think it is. What should I do about it?

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Well…did you read the FAQ? If you have Norton Internet Security installed on your computer, that's usually the cause. If not, post back and tell us more details like browser etc.

Years
Well i have nortan installed on my computer and they dont show up, this used to happen to me though. I think it might be your browser, because when I use internet explorer I see those Red Xs do but when I use fire fox they dont show up, so try another browser, perferably firefox.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Kairi said:
Well?did you read the FAQ? If you have Norton Internet Security installed on your computer, that?s usually the cause. If not, post back and tell us more details like browser etc.

Yes, I read the FAQ. I did try disabling it and turning it off, nothing changed.

JKaizer said:
It helps to know what layout. -_-
It's all of the layouts >_< The actual images for the Midnight Misty layout (the buttons and the banner at the top) are showing up. It's the images for the actual site (the avatars, the emoticons, and the buttons) which are located in "http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/") that are not showing up.

So I don't think it's a problem with my computer. I wanted to make sure though before I asked someone to fix it. But everyone who's posted so far on this thread doesn't seem to have this problem, so is it just my computer?

Last edited:
Years
Did you read my post? I used to have this problem, I think it is your browser. I used to have this same problem, but then I switched to my firefox browser and now I don't have the problem any more.

So my advice is to get the firefox browser.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
That definitely sounds like Norton or you computer then. Ahh…telling us which browser you use may help, but odds are it's NIS. In 2003 disabling it would fix the issue, dunno about 2004. =\

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Kairi said:
That definitely sounds like Norton or you computer then. Ahh?telling us which browser you use may help, but odds are it?s NIS. In 2003 disabling it would fix the issue, dunno about 2004. =\

Sorry, someone mentioned the brower earlier and I meant to tell you. I use Internet Explorer.

Did you read my post? I used to have this problem, I think it is your browser. I used to have this same problem, but then I switched to my firefox browser and now I don't have the problem any more.

So my advice is to get the firefox browser.

Well, thank you for your advice but I like the browser I'm using.

When I first came across this site the images were showing up, this only started a few weeks or so ago. If that's significant.

Also, other vBulletin sites work--including the homepage, including Serebii.net.

Satoshi-kun said:
Oooh... Kwesi had a solution to this a few months back.

You mean this one.

I searched for it. >_o Kwesi isn't the whole name either so I had to figure that out too. XP

*sigh* Now, I tried all of that except the trying another browser thing. And none of it worked.

Edit: Okay, I tried Firefox. The images show up, but I don't like it. :/ I prefer Internet Explorer. Is everyone sure there's no way for me to get the images to work with Internet Explorer?

Last edited:
Back