• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gaming Attire

Years

Do you own/wear gaming related clothing?

I thought of this today, as I got two free gaming t-shirts from a gadget show I went to the other day.

We all see some people wearing obviously gaming and geeky clothing, but are you one of those people? If you wear a band t-shirt, people don't really look twice, but if you have a Pokemon t-shirt on, you get strange looks, maybe. Why do people get these looks? It is just another form of media, but that is not the question I want to ask.

Do you have any gaming based clothes? If so, which ones? Do you openly wear them or do you feel like it is a little too geeky? Do you wear some subtle clothing or do you not care and have obvious t-shirts/socks/jackets/whatever?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I don't have any gaming shirts. I tried to get a black ops one but I didn't win it.

I am more of a collector so anything that is a giveaway I go for anything that is commercial I don't really care about.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have a Kingdom Hearts shirt, Halo 3, and a Zelda shirt. I personally think gaming shirts are pretty awesome. I don't like the ones that say generic things or silly puns though. I prefer a shirt to show your love of a game. I looove my Zelda shirt<3 I've gotten tons of compliments on it too.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Don't have any gaming shirts, hell I even only have one band t-shirt and I hardly ever wear it anymore... though that's because it doesn't really fit anymore lol. I'm not one to usually wear them. I wouldn't mind it, but I don't actively seek out gaming shirts and whatnot. Come to think of it, all my stuff tends to be pretty plain or design-less.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I have one gaming-related T-shirt...and it pertains to Super Paper Mario, a game I've never played. XD

It was a gift from someone that knew I was a dedicated Nintendo fan so I can't really fault them. XD

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
I used to have a bunch, but oh well.

I've had my eye on some of the minecraft shirts for a while though...
I want that goddamn creeper t-shirt...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I don't have any clothing related to games as far as I know, and it'll probably stay that way. Geek chique is generally embarrassing, and the only thing I could probably get away with in real life without being called a fag is something with the Gears of War cog on it(strangely enough).

Years
I really want to hit the the Valve Merchandise Store, but postage is going to be astronomical. So if anyone knows of an outline in Australia, let me know. Thanks. :cer_nod:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I only wear them if they're actually attractive pieces of clothing. I don't wear things just because they're related to a game I like, I wear them because they're nice clothes.

Which to be honest doesn't happen very often with video game related apparel, but there have been some. I have a nice Brotherhood of Nod shirt, and for some reason girls really seem to like it.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
I own both the T-Shirt AND the hoodie for the "Don't make me go Zelda on you" design, and I have several Super Mario Bros. tshirts. :P

Years
Ah, the perks of working at gamestop! I have tons of gaming shirts & even a few from my gears of war clan tourneys! If they're not official shirts, I don't bother with them.

razzbat

dancer
Years
no but i stick quite a few badges about games on my bag. but there not really noticeable so no one really sees them in public. i get strange looks all the time anyway though, dont know why...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I want some of the L4D clothing that Valve's made (like a hoodie or something) but it's sooo expensive to ship that I never end up buying. :(

I have a few Pokémon shirts. A general one that I never wear because it looks a bit cheap/bootleg and it embarrasses me a bit but I totally wear my Pikachu shirts all the time. I have a white one with several Pikachu on it and a black one with just a big Pikachu and I'm actually wearing that one right now. :D Aside from these, though, I don't think I have any other VG shirts. Most of the time they tend to be really tacky or lame looking.

I'd have to get fan-made designs to feel not like a douche in public, haha, since those tend to be more tasteful or even more abstract. The abstract ones are excellent because usually they make for a cool shirt regardless of where you are and if there happens to be a fan of the series, it's still recognizable. :D

But I guess mostly all I'd wear are Pokémon shirts lol. I really want the Pikachu shirt they have at Nintendo World right now with Pikachu's face on the front and tail on the back. SO CUTE. ;~;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a Mario T-Shirt that doesn't get worn much, I don't really like to wear them.

I do however own underwear to, which I do wear, I would post pictures of my beauties but ho ho ho ;)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I did have a Pokemon shirt once. I was like 6 though... I do have a Sonic the Hedgehog shirt. But I did have a weird experience because this guy was being weird. I also have a lego shirt. I'm thinking about getting a Minecraft T-shirt and a Black ops one.

Speed

Skyward
Years
I came into this thread thinking that there was certain clothes to wear while gaming now. xD

I own a Sonic shirt, and a Snowwood hoodie (Earthbound), and I wear them usually. I actually like a lot of the Earthbound clothes on the internet, they look really good, I wish I could buy some more. D:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I'm wearing my only gaming-related shirt right now; the Minecraft Creeper one :D

Anyways, I don't try and hide it or anything. I don't care much about my appearance or what people think of me.

Back