• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello all~

Nice community project you got here!

I won't be able to contribute much here since I got my hands tied on my own fakedex thingy, but instead I might be able to provide link sources(if allowed) of fakemon artworks that might inspire ideas for your fakedex project:
http://fantasticfakemon.com/
http://www.smogon.com/cap/gallery/
http://fakemon-creators.deviantart.com/gallery/

Cheers~

Thank you Magistrum! We're always looking for new ways to improve upon our old designs and work on new ones, so your resources are very welcome. :)

Sunny, I added these to the OP so everyone can check them out if they're new.

edit : I also added an [a id] link to the quick links section, so you can now jump to the mega evolutions spoiler. :]

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Aww darn, you beat me at adding them in :P

And what's up Magi :D
Just by adding in those resources makes you a contributor!

Guys. I just thought a the best idea ever.

So, instead of filling up the Op with unnecesary info, such as stats and stuff, why not we only keep it in this format:

*picture*
Name: ???
Type: ???
Special Quirks?: (like new attacks, or new abilities, or even the dex info. keep it relatively short.)

And then, I can make a Google Doc of all the excess information of all the Pokemon, in a nice spreadsheet! That way, all the people that want to just look at the pics can do so, while the ones looking for data can look at the spread sheet!

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Aww darn, you beat me at adding them in :P

And what's up Magi :D
Just by adding in those resources makes you a contributor!

Guys. I just thought a the best idea ever.

So, instead of filling up the Op with unnecesary info, such as stats and stuff, why not we only keep it in this format:

*picture*
Name: ???
Type: ???
Special Quirks?: (like new attacks, or new abilities, or even the dex info. keep it relatively short.)

And then, I can make a Google Doc of all the excess information of all the Pokemon, in a nice spreadsheet! That way, all the people that want to just look at the pics can do so, while the ones looking for data can look at the spread sheet!

OMG THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVERR

seriously though, good one. A Google doc can keep all the cluttered info while the Pokémon stay relatively clean. This also means that it will be easier for us to get a good 'format' of images and info together (since all the artwork around here are a mix of sketches, fine art, basic digital art and sprites) and since you've mentioned that you're going to "touch up" on the older designs that's good!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah I totally agree. You guys gotta keep in mind I originally set this up to last all of like.. three days lol. I never imagined it would get so popular and seriously, I had to cannibalize the second post because of the sheer size of it. If we can eliminate the majority of the (while I still consider it relevant) information and just put it somewhere else, it'll be infinitely better.

Sunny, let me know if I can help. I can start removing stuff and reorganizing the thread and PM you what I got rid of. :) We can double team it.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Alexial
That would be a great help to me :D
I've used Google Docs to store my own Fakedex, and I can say that transferring all the data will take a little under 1-2 hours to complete, since I'll be the one typing them one by one :P

So, in the spreadsheet, It will be all out of order whenever I can get the information. After we think we're all finished, we can reorganize the dex by national dex numbers and stuff like that.

@-Oops
I can see that as both a Legendary, or the end of a 2 stage family. It has that look as if it it's a Rock or Steel type too :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I'm back baby :P I am actually gonna start drawing :) I feel like the hades legendary is missing so I will have a crack at that :)

Let's have mega evolutions for our starters :)

Last edited:

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
So I designed this and when I was nearly finished I realized that the grass category is finished. Whoops.
This one was meant to me Dragon/Grass
qN4Zxyl.png

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Welcome to our humble abode, Goatman4!
We love seeing new faces, and feel free to post whenever you want!
But make sure you read the first post before posting :P
And welcome back Jetstream!
It's been a long time, non?

@-Oops
Grass is indeed closed, but I don't think it would be a big deal if we add this to the Dragon category.
The closed off sections are just "closed" as to warn people that we have a lot in there, and I can tell that your mistake won't be repeated again. I'll add it in shortly :P

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I'd like to be part of this...
I can't draw very well, but I belive my descibtions are good & I'm better at
coming up with abilities, stats, pokedex entry & the like.

I'm currently working on 2 pokemons in my head, one is pure Fighting & the other will be
Poison/Rock. Both are based off of Greek monsters.

I'll post them when I'm finished working on the details.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'd like to be part of this...
I can't draw very well, but I belive my descibtions are good & I'm better at
coming up with abilities, stats, pokedex entry & the like.

I'm currently working on 2 pokemons in my head, one is pure Fighting & the other will be
Poison/Rock. Both are based off of Greek monsters.

I'll post them when I'm finished working on the details.

That's just fine. :) Part of our project is that you don't need to draw amazingly well-- or draw at all! A thorough description is more than enough. Then, at some point, other artists can take the task up to illustrate your design. Sunfished and I want to make sure that any member who can't contribute in the more "conventional" manor can still find a place in the PC project. So have fun and post when you can!

@Magistrum
Why yes we are doing sprites! But, I think we're a far while away from official sprite sheets. Still, it's a good resource to have nonetheless. We never know how far this project may go, after all!

Keep up the great work, kids. c;

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Trust me Stoney, if this was just pure art skill then many of the great designs wouldn't have been made! :D
So, you can just pop in with some info whenever you want, and someone will eventually draw it for ya!

@Magistrum
Dude, you're awsome :O
Maybe after we have a stable dex, we can use it for a final draft :D

also,(so I don't sound like a generic poster), here's the evolution of Millipill:
pcpp___rollobowl_by_scatterminds-d6s7h4w.png

It's called Rollobowl :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Is anyone paying attention to me!!

I'm listening! Sorry, boss!
The problem with giving mega evos to starters is that their designs aren't finished yet (by that I mean the Water starter) so I think we should first focus on that before giving Mega Evolutions. Sunfished also stated that finishing up old designs and completing them is our priority, so you wouldn't see much new stuff other than the evolutions of existing Pokémon (all existing Mega Evolutions made are purely contemporary and weren't intended for the project at first, so yeah).

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Looking really good these designs, I've been checking this thread from time to time and I've been seeing some cool ideas. I might not be able to contribute art wise right now, but you guys can ask me for advice any time you want. :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh my god, Beef, it's nice to hear from you :D

Anyway, Hoenn is 1000% correct. If we don't continue revising designs of what we have currently, then the whole organization of the project will just crumble from all the crazy additions we'll be getting. And then we'll be going nowhere :P

I'm working on transferring data from the OP into a spreadsheet, so probably in a week the OP will suddenly look as if it went on a diet :P

I'll also be drawing some of the them that are just sketches. Someone who is great at sprites ought to try spriting them.

important question!
Google Docs allows me to set how permissable the spreadsheet is. So that means I can choose how it will be editted:
1. Only editable by me
2. Editable by only those people that are on a "whitelist"
3. Editable by anybody. Strangers and anyone who have the link.

What do you guys think about it? I think choice 2 would be the best, but that would mean I would need everyone's email :l

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
Seems interesting.
I know that in Greek Mythology, as a punishment, some guy has to push up a heavy rock up a hill for eternally in the after life. Perhaps incorporate that into a rock pokemon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh my god, Beef, it's nice to hear from you :D

Anyway, Hoenn is 1000% correct. If we don't continue revising designs of what we have currently, then the whole organization of the project will just crumble from all the crazy additions we'll be getting. And then we'll be going nowhere :P

I'm working on transferring data from the OP into a spreadsheet, so probably in a week the OP will suddenly look as if it went on a diet :P

I'll also be drawing some of the them that are just sketches. Someone who is great at sprites ought to try spriting them.

important question!
Google Docs allows me to set how permissable the spreadsheet is. So that means I can choose how it will be editted:
1. Only editable by me
2. Editable by only those people that are on a "whitelist"
3. Editable by anybody. Strangers and anyone who have the link.

What do you guys think about it? I think choice 2 would be the best, but that would mean I would need everyone's email :l

I could set up a dummy account like

and give everyone the password for the white list? Just thinking out loud idk.

And hello Venice (I like your username :3)! I think that would be an excellent Rock type Pokemon. It calls to mind a certain sculpture, whose name is totally escaping me right now, that follows a similar train of thought. Definitely something to research!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I could set up a dummy account like

and give everyone the password for the white list? Just thinking out loud idk.

And hello Venice (I like your username :3)! I think that would be an excellent Rock type Pokemon. It calls to mind a certain sculpture, whose name is totally escaping me right now, that follows a similar train of thought. Definitely something to research!

Yeah you could PM the leaders(?) of the project like Beef and yourself who pop in a lot.

And I've heard of that guy too (can't remember his name arrrgh). He escaped death or something... I guess that'll make him a Rock and Psychic! (Since we cannot have Dark or Ghost types right now).

The design could be something like a small round creature (like Gurdurr without the huge iron bar) and his back/front side permanently attached to a rock (that is about three times larger than the creature itself) and the rock is shaped a lot like a sphere.

The colourations and all the miscellaneous design on the creature aforementioned is beyond me. I guess artistic application will fill up that part :)

If no-one is willing to make him, I'll do him (probably will be the first fake design I've contributed too lol) and Sunfished can improve upon him later!

PS - I can't wait for the spreadsheet. Not only can we have a more organised dump (for lack of a better word), we can also quickly check on our progress. I just hope you could pull this thing off!

Back