• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Gen Music

Best Gen Music?

• Total voters

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Can I choose all of them? Like seriously I love the music from all of the games way too much to be voting here XD;

They all are too unique since each region has a certain mood or expressive motif.

Years
For me definitely Ruby/Sapphire. First series I started with, and I still remember some of the surfing tunes. Can't remember for the life of me what Black/White music is like.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
The series has always had great music. I can't think of any Pokemon game I disliked the soundtrack of.

That said, Gen I + II really had some of the most memorable music in the series. Even though they're chiptunes, the melodies hold up surprisingly well. Gary's champion theme is my current morning alarm :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Generation three had the best music, in my opinion. Few of my favorites would have to be Elite Four encounter, Regi battle theme, Lilycove City, Fallarbor Town, rival theme, and Magma/Aqua battle theme. Gen six had some great music as well, and so did generation one.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Gen 3. Gen 1 being a close second.

I hate the cheap Gen 5 soundfont and the remixes. The Gen 6 music quality is much better but the actual music doesn't interest me that much

Absolutely love the battle themes from Gen 3, especially Deoxys omg

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
Ugh, this is actually hard! I like Gen 1 and 2 because I have the most memories, but Team Galactic and Plasma have great great GREAT battle themes

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
VOTING FOR HOENN hands down. As much as I hated the remixes in FR/LG from all the great chiptunes in gen I Kanto, the melodies and trumpets of Hoenn are still today the best music from any pokémon game imo. Just remember the first time you went into Route 104 and heard the wonderfully adventurous music there... Or when you struggled through the ashes of Route 113 listening to the strangely melodramatic and different tune there... Or when you went through the rain and all those darn Tropiuses and Oddishes around Fortree and heard the two pompous melodies played in those forests... Or when you were outside of Mt Pyre and heard the somehow awesome intro to the music there... Or when you battled Team M/A on top of Mt Chimney... Or when you battled the Team leader... OR WHEN YOU BATTLED STEVEN (Wallace maybe?) at the end, that music was pretty epic. Or the ending theme, that brought tears to my eyes. Not to mention the title screen music. Still today the best title screen tune overall for pokémon games imo. It was just perfect.

Yeah. I loved the Hoenn music. :3

Then there are of course some of my favorite tunes from other regions. Route 10 in Unova, Violet City in Johto, some of the route music Sinnoh and the wonderful Pokémon League theme from Kalos. And the original, 8 bit or something Hall of fame tune from Pokémon Yellow. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
I have to say Gen 1 overall. The current gen's gym theme is probably my favorite battle theme of all the games though.

Years
I honestly can't pick just one generation worth of music as my favorite, as they've all got a few themes that I really like, and they also have a few that I'm kind of 'meh' about.

If I have to choose though, I'd go with Gen II very slightly edging out Gen III, with I and V right behind that. I've always been a sucker for the Game Corner music in the second gen games, and the Ruins of Alph and the Lance/Red theme are two of my favorite tracks as well.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Gen 3's music wins for me, hands down. The Drought, flood, Magma/Aqua leader battle and the Regi battle music were my favorites from it. I also liked some of Gen 5's, which is why I also voted for it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a soft spot for the Gen III music because it's very catchy. I also like the Gen VI music; I even downloaded the whole X/Y soundtrack from iTunes because I liked it a lot.

Back