• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you watch the Pokemon Anime?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Here's a small question for discussion! Why do you guys watch the Pokemon Anime today? Is there something that appeals it for you? What ever reason you may have, please do share!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
It's pretty unique, easy to keep up with and it's a good anime to waste some time on. Other than that I watch it because of nostalgia reasons, also hoping a certain character will make a return.

I played all the games, and watched all of the episodes so far, so why not :P

Years
I love the setting in Alola....very scenic and relaxing. The characters are also important to me, especially Lillie and Lana, since I feel they and I are so similar. =) I've grown really fond of Ash in the SuMo series also much to my surprise. He has some great interactions with Kukui, Burnet, and his Pok?mon team. It also introduced me to my #1 Pok?mon, Poipole! No arc will be as important to me as his. :heart:

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Becuase it's a light hearted version of the games and manga

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
It's pretty unique, easy to keep up with and it's a good anime to waste some time on. Other than that I watch it because of nostalgia reasons, also hoping a certain character will make a return.

I played all the games, and watched all of the episodes so far, so why not :P

Which char, If I may ask?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Serena of course :D or at least her the most, I'd love for Gary to be brought back too.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I only tune in once and a while, only because I grew up with it and want to see what's going on with this endless show and if eventually they spice things up, but not in a SM way where they pretend to change things up but really the show is still the same.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
It still makes me feel like a kid. :D I love the fact that this is something that can keep going without getting boring per say.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I watch the Pokemon anime because it's enjoyable to me. Even though I'm an adult now, I still enjoy tuning in on Saturdays every week. I have been pretty much consecutively for eleven years now, apart from seasonal breaks. (And the one time I had to miss a Pokemon episode because the tvs during vacation once didn't have Cartoon Network. :x)

Sure it's not perfect, and Ash has some moments here, and there, but I really do like the Pokemon anime for having strong themes of friendship throughout, which is what keeps me still watching it in 2018.

Years
I stopped watching the Anime a long time ago, but I still read the synopses and watch it online in case I read something that interests. I don't know, I guess I'm holding out hope that characters like Paul will return at some point.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
I started watching the anime when I was 9, I could really relate to Ash and I just fell in love with the concept of Pokémon. The idea that you could go off on an adventure as a child was very appealing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
I've been watching the anime ever since I was a kid and to this day I still enjoy it, the only series I skipped was the best wishes series because I really didn't like how they handled that series.

Sky the Shiny Vulpix

Top Percentage of Ratattas
Years
I watch the Pokemon anime because it's fun, I enjoy the characters and story, the journey, and seeing the world of Pokemon come to life in anime form. While not all episodes are the best, I do enjoy them for the most part. Team Rocket is goofy and I enjoy seeing them try to steal Pikachu or whatever featured Pkmn of the episode. I don't know, I just like it and I think it's a lot of fun to watch.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well, I thought the show was good in the earlier seasons. Can't say I watch it too much now (actually, SM042 and SM043 was the first time I've even watched any episodes of the anime since the first few episodes of DP), or that it's particularly good now.

As far as Team Rocket, honestly, I'd prefer it if they at least TRIED to be an actual threat rather than morons who are more of a nuisance. They worked as villains in the early seasons where they at least were a genuine threat to the heroes, but after being turned to clowns in the worst sort, I'm sorry, but they really have to go. And besides, I can name plenty of villains who are both goofy yet an actual credible threat at the same time, like General Blue from Dragon Ball or the Joker from Batman, or even Kefka Palazzo or Bowser. I mean, they could have made Team Rocket at least as threatening as, say, Ridley, and that guy is a recurring villain, pretty much Team Rocket done right:

In case the video does not display: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-v88jEmkYM

Last edited:

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
I don't watch it anymore. It's been an extremely long while since I watched it.

I don't watch it because it's stupid and repetitive.

If you really want a monster anime

Watch the digimon anime.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 4, 2019
I began viewing the anime when I was 10, I could truly identify with Ash and I simply went gaga for the idea of Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
I stopped watching the Anime a long time ago, but I still read the synopses and watch it online in case I read something that interests. I don't know, I guess I'm holding out hope that characters like Paul will return at some point.

Paul will never come back to the show, besides he was a terrible DP character.

Bring back Gary and the anime will be really good.

Back