• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I expected it to be later tbh, so in that regard I like it.

Of course I'd be in the middle of uni then, so WHOOPS.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
October? Could be worse. Pity though, cos my b-day's in September. Nvm I'll probably buy a copy for my brother and then steal his cartridge or something.

blue

gucci
Years
My Birthday is at the beginning of November so I was thinking that's just nice timing but knowing it's out I think I'll be too tempted to go out and buy it, I was expecting sometime in October but it's nice that it's around the beginning of it. IIRC it's the earliest Localization for any of the games so far, right?

Years
OK guys, especially the Aussies involved in this discussion.

I have checked BulbanewsNOW's Twitter feed and it says the Australian release might be on October 12, which is the same day as the European release.

It is unconfirmed at this point but I'm hoping this is true.

blue

gucci
Years
OK guys, especially the Aussies involved in this discussion.

I have checked BulbanewsNOW's Twitter feed and it says the Australian release might be on October 12, which is the same day as the European release.

It is unconfirmed at this point but I'm hoping this is true.

It's likely, considering the localization is shorter than usual it may well be the 12th and I'm hoping for it too. Although I'm not from there it would be nice to see you guys getting it the same time as others.

Years

It's likely, considering the localization is shorter than usual it may well be the 12th and I'm hoping for it too. Although I'm not from there it would be nice to see you guys getting it the same time as others.

I think that the leaked date will be likely true.

Keep in mind these will be the first games since FireRed & LeafGreen to have the Japanese and international releases in the same year.

The translation team sure have been working hard just to get the game released internationally this year rather than waiting until 2013. Most international releases usually occur like, one year after the Japanese release.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
I cannot wait for the English version to come out this fall! It will definitely be worth the wait! I plan on using the key link to start my Black2/White2 game on Challenge mode from the very beginning!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think that the leaked date will be likely true.

Keep in mind these will be the first games since FireRed & LeafGreen to have the Japanese and international releases in the same year.

The translation team sure have been working hard just to get the game released internationally this year rather than waiting until 2013. Most international releases usually occur like, one year after the Japanese release.

Yeah not true. We get games on Thursday, not Friday. Unless it was a typo and it's actually 11, I kinda don't believe they'll break the tradition :(

Years
Yeah not true. We get games on Thursday, not Friday. Unless it was a typo and it's actually 11, I kinda don't believe they'll break the tradition :(

I think that might have been an error.

I could see October 11 to be the closest to what was leaked, cos the 18th would be too far into the month.

Years
Haha. Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but the Peeta Mellark guy gets Pokemon BW2 for his birthday. Lol ^_^ (If he just happened to be in Europe at that time anyway...)

That's actually pretty awesome timing, since it's about a week before my birthday that they come out in Europe. Woop woop! Here's to getting games on time for once ;3

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^_^ How nice if the australian release dates is on the 12th, that would mean a shorter wait for downunder. Also waiting one day later than tradition is better than keeping tradition and getting them 6 days after Europe imo...

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
All the Aussies will be spoiled if there's an 11 day wait from US to AUS. A 4 or 5 day wait, not so much.

Double post, but Australia gets BW2 on October 11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Double post, but Australia gets BW2 on October 11.

October 11? That was what I predicted earlier!

I think that might have been an error.

I could see October 11 to be the closest to what was leaked, cos the 18th would be too far into the month.

That was my post from July 5th, 2012. I can't believe I got it right! Oh god I am such a psychic.

Anyways, I'm glad cos it's not too late into the month.

Had the Australian release been like, the 18th then me and my Australian brethren would have gotten unfortunate spoilers.

But anyways, at least we get it before Europe (but then again Australia got most games before Europe).

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
YES I WAS RIGHT. OR W/E I WAS. I SAID SOMEWHERE IT WAS A TYPO FOR 11TH, YES. AND STUFF LIKE:

It'll be the 11th, 18th or 25th, unfortunately, because Australia gets new games on Thursday. Personally hoping it's the 11th. :x

10/10 for me tbh BECAUSE I knew inside that it'd be the 11th - so yay, good to know Australia gets to be in the middle this time! n_n

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I kinda just read an email I got from Nintendo and started doing backflips because I'm so happy Australia isn't getting it 4 million years after American like we usually do.

But here are some links that say exciting things (here and here)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The US release date is also known as North American Release date and Canada is part of North America XD TPCi counts the two countries as 1 apparently XD

Pingouin_7

I *think* the NA release date might also be the release date for Mexico, but that needs confirmation.

Back