• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now does the blue wire plug in there or here....

#isthenumbersign
Years
I'm the person that's asking others for help with technology. x) Luckily one of my best friends knows a lot about that sort of stuff, so I just go to him whenever I'm having problems.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Yup,i'm rather lettered when it comes to technology.
I must admit though,wiring is not my metier.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Usually, when the internet is broken, my mom calls me to fix it. I don't really really fix it, I just do the only logical thing you would do to a modem -- I turn it off, then turn it on again. It works fine after that, and my mom thinks I'm a computer technician. But besides that, I'm not really good with the wires and stuff.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I have no clue when my step-dad asks me what's young with his computer I tell him to ask his daughter who is a wiz when it comes to computers.

Normally I have to ask when something goes wrong with my PC.

Years
Since I work as a IT Technician, I can safely say I am 'tech-savvy'. I have very good understanding of building and fixing computers, printers, AV Setups, Wiring so on so on. :3​

Years
I don't think I'm all that tech-savvy but being an IT consultant it's only natural that I get asked to try and find solutions to technology based problems.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i suck at that kind of things my dad always call my twin sis to help him in this kind of work xXD D

Years
When I'm at work, where I'm pretty much the only person young enough to have grown up around computers, I feel like a technological superstar because I can attach documents to emails.

At home, with my roommate who studied computer science and works with computers all day, I feel like a 3-year old holding up a piece of paper with some macaroni glued to it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I somewhat know my way around technology (like where certain plugs go on a computer); my Psychology teacher in high school had to ask me to help with a few technical difficulties.

Years
As I tell people, I know enough about computers and other things to not make them explode on me.

Though to be fair, I also know enough to be able to hook (some) things up on my own, install things, what have you. It's just when people start getting to the more technical things that I tend to not be able to follow.

So, um. I'm not someone to come to for tech help (I believe my answers are always "I don't know"), but I know how to keep stuff mostly running once they're up and assuming they don't suddenly die? :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Seeing that I have a degree in IT myself you can say that I am. I get bombarded with questions regarding computers and devices every day, and I don't mind at all. I love being a tech nerd. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I just ask my dad whenever I have problems with my computer since he's worked at IBM for years now as a IT Architect. . Or if he's not available then I ask Stand Alone haha. I know a few things but not very much when it comes to computers and such.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm usually pretty good with technology. If I don't know the answer, I usually know enough to figure out how to find the answer. As for the inners of anything, I can usually take a look and figure out how things work and fit together, but for anything past assembling a computer, I doubt I'd trust myself to fix anything. I also don't actually know HOW to properly deal with bare wires or electricity so I'd rather leave that to the experts. Wouldn't stop me from taking things apart and looking around but better safe than sorry.

Generally I'm tech support for anyone I know, though, which can be a little frustrating. :/

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I'm the (somewhat extended) family's tech support. I fix stuff, order stuff, and give advice when requested.

I don't really... know any of the physical stuff. Building, anyway. Connecting, though. Like cabling. I can do.

I've also fixed many a "bad HDTV" that was hooked up with composite cables :\

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
People seem to think that since I spend a lot of time on my computer, I know a whole ton about computers. This is categorically untrue and I manage to disappoint them every time they try to get me to help them with something. I don't bother learning about the inner workings of anything, I just send whatever it is away for repairs whenever it's broken. Life is just easier that way :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm the family's go to person regarding most things electronic. My parents recently bought themselves a new laptop and printer, and I had to help out with everything from initial setup to connecting the cables to the printer. And I'm the one who gets called up if a computer gets infected by a virus or my mother forgets how to access her email account xD

Cell phones are an exception; I am clueless when it comes to them.

Years
I'm a little bit half-tech savvy since I know how to fix some technological problems but not know how to fix others.

Back