• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The future of Pokemon generation games- what do you want to see?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd like to see more mega-evolutions. One Pokémon that truly deserves a mega form is, in my opinion, Skarmory. Skarmory is pretty good as it is right now, but a mega-evolution could make it even better. Once it mega-evolves, perhaps its defensive stats could get a boost? If not, then it should probably get a raise in its Attack and Speed. This way, it'll become ten-times easier to utilize it as sweeper. d: I would like to see a mega-evolution form for Metagross, too, as well as Jynx.

This seems to be kind of a broad topic, by the way, so I'm moving this over to Pokémon Gaming General.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
1. More Megas.
2. Even more Megas.
3. The return of features such as Join Avenue and the PWT.
4. The return of Free Space, so we don't have to scroll down an incredibly long list to find the item we're looking for.
5. Move Tutors, but not the ones that charge you shards because finding a bunch of shards can be a pain. They should just charge you money.
6. Being able to see a Pokemon's summary screen on the GTS, so you don't get fooled by people saying "it haz 5/6 IVs lol".
7. The Ability Capsule having unlimited usage (200BP for an item you can only use once is ridiculous).
8. An AI that doesn't get hax every single time.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Better minigames.
What exactly is Pokemon Musical?
BRING BACK CONTESTS AND POKEATHALON!!!!!!! And Leaves!!!!! I LOVED LEAVES!!!!! You walk and walk and walk and walk and walk for hours trying to find one. I hate how the leaves data was deleted in Gen five. Can't they just keep it? Like in the background? I SPENT A F****** 4 HOURS ON ONE DAMN LEAF!!!!!!!! Have some consideration, Nintendo!
The Poffin making, OMERGURD. THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! The Pokeblock ? EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡

omg yes

The Pokeathalon and Leaves were awesome. It felt like something you actually wanted to do rather than some lame minigame tacked on. I want to transfer my Scyther with a full Shiny Leaf collection once PokeBank comes out, but I'm going to be sad to see that data go to waste :(

Years
Oo wish list time of things I'll probably never see..

#1. For god sakes, make a story worth telling. This has been getting to me lately. I know Pokemon is designed for kids in mind. So is Kingdom Hearts. Can everyone in the Pokemon universe stop being so vague? If you want to tell some kind of epic story about trust, beauty, love, loyalty, ideals.. do it! I can seriously tell they want to do something amazing with the story, but there's always someone there that hits them with the retard bat.. and then they spit out a game like Black and White with it's nonsense "can't tell its head from its ass" story line.

#2. Make the "evil team" actually involved in the story, or remove them entirely. Here's my beef, and it ties into what I said above. Team Plasma were a bunch of idealists with what seemed like lofty goals.. but the way the story was told, the whole bunch of them were hypocritical of their own ideals, and not one of them really questioned it. Team Plasma would of fallen apart before it ever began. Then you have the 7 Sages, and I really don't understand why there needs to be 7, nor what a "sage" actually does since the only one who mattered was Ghetis.. they spend the entire game around acting like renfare wizards with their fancy names.. trying to evoke mystery and totally failing at it. You just didn't care. AT ALL. Opposite of that you had Team Flare, who for the most part, were a bunch of goof balls that were shoe horned in at the last minute of the game as - honestly - some kind of sidequest just so you can get your Xerneas or Yveltal. Its like they just didn't want to even try, and yet they did. If Lysandre never mouthed off at the begining that he was basically the obivious bad guy, you could of at least had suspended the disbelief a bit.. but alas.. I mean.. There's other ways you can handle this. The trainer could be the one trying to search down the title legendary themselves.. you don't speifically need this evil group doing all the work for you. The pokemon world also needs to man up and explain why all these gym leaders/elite four bad asses tolerate these nefarious groups. Are they really that lazy to the point where they let some untrained kid endanger themselves on their behalf? When no one in particular ever asked them to? Shouldn't it be their job to ensure that the bad guys never get close to the deathray machine, not yours? It may sound like I'm asking for something gritty here, but I'm actually not. I want a world and a story that I can actually appreicate.

Seriously, if the Evil team isn't actually directly linked to the trainer, there's really no point in even doing that whole thing anymore.

#3. Make your rival actually someone with a personality. They don't have to be a jerkhole like Gary, they don't need to "have issues" like Silver.. but I would like to get to know the dude/dudette you're fighting. The closest I've seen is Serena/Calem who is a decendant of great trainers.. you get the idea that they want to try hard to make their family proud of them -- only to be crushed completely by this newcomer no one really knows. That has to be frustrating. These things I like. Feeling things from your characters in your game is nice Gamefreak. Don't be scared. Take it up a notch. Heck, this goes for just about ANY major NPC in the game. None of this "had a pokemon battle in my room and now it's ruined but my mom volunteered to clean it up for me because pokemon are awesome" nonsense.

#4. Tone down the potency of Stealth Rock. It's not really a big deal so much anymore, but it really is a bit too good still. There's some really good Pokemon that just get destroyed on it without even doing anything. If they can find a way to make it function like Spikes do, where you have to layer them up.. I think that would be acceptable.

If you haven't guessed... most of my beef is with presentation, not the game itself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
I would like to see a whole range of things.

A darker and more mature story.
More in game info in the game.
An Hm machine which can perform Hms whithout giving them to your Pokemon.
Iv values replaced with friendship Values reflecting the whole message of Pokemon and making them truly friends and not numbers The ability to change natures.

All of this is included in my Pokemon Rom hack so read some of my threads in
the Rom hacking forum.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I would like to see a whole range of things.

A darker and more mature story.
More in game info in the game.
An Hm machine which can perform Hms whithout giving them to your Pokemon.
Iv values replaced with friendship Values reflecting the whole message of Pokemon and making them truly friends and not numbers The ability to change natures.

All of this is included in my Pokemon Rom hack so read some of my threads in
the Rom hacking forum.

Yeah, the first one is my greatest wish come true. Not a necessarily dark one because Game Freak has proven in Gen. 6 that... that's not their thing.

I just want a GOOD story with characters that actually DEVELOP and have real PERSONALITIES instead of a like and a dislike. A character doesn't have to be obsessed with their hobby to actually have a hobby.

I also want an evil organization with plans that make actual sense and don't just garble stupid nonsense the whole game. I want villains that we can take SERIOUSLY. Galactic was... a step in the right direction but their ideals were pretty complicated. Aqua/Magma had the lamest goals ever, I think, and I couldn't take them very seriously. Team Rocket at least is sinister and a force to be reckoned with. Plasma is a joke... that isn't very funny. And Flare is the worse by far by being hard to take seriously and making no sense whatsoever. The whole thing about Z and Lysandre and the machine and all of that was just pure nonsensical Tauros crap that I barely understood.

I also wish for Ice types available earlier in the game instead of around the seventh or eighth gym.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
i would love a remake of Ruby or Sapphire or Emerald, i would like a ''comeback'' to Kanto whit a new hero and the hero fighting red in the end of it. it would be cool. but gamefreak. is not that bad whit new games like every new gen they make they have some new stuff,new pokemons, but sometimes they took cool stuff away too...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Yeah, the first one is my greatest wish come true. Not a necessarily dark one because Game Freak has proven in Gen. 6 that... that's not their thing.

I just want a GOOD story with characters that actually DEVELOP and have real PERSONALITIES instead of a like and a dislike. A character doesn't have to be obsessed with their hobby to actually have a hobby.

I also want an evil organization with plans that make actual sense and don't just garble stupid nonsense the whole game. I want villains that we can take SERIOUSLY. Galactic was... a step in the right direction but their ideals were pretty complicated. Aqua/Magma had the lamest goals ever, I think, and I couldn't take them very seriously. Team Rocket at least is sinister and a force to be reckoned with. Plasma is a joke... that isn't very funny. And Flare is the worse by far by being hard to take seriously and making no sense whatsoever. The whole thing about Z and Lysandre and the machine and all of that was just pure nonsensical Tauros crap that I barely understood.

I also wish for Ice types available earlier in the game instead of around the seventh or eighth gym.
actually, I think Team Flare's goals were pretty serious. Come on- mass genocide on a global scale? Not to mention, their reasoning behind doing what they (tried) to do was believable, justifiable, and one I could get behind. Thing is, they were just too small of an organization, weren't able to make a big enough impact to drive fear into the hearts of Kalosians, which was why no one really said much about them; probably didn't even know of "team Flare".

Back