• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Victreeplume- I don't think that you got your team right?

So here you go: Furret, Golem, Persian, Cloyster, Nidoking, Alakazam

I finally had some time to get my game started again so yay! Update coming as soon as I am done with hacking in everything I need =)

Years
update 1
got lady the ledyba
traded in snake the onix
demolished falkner
caught lola the oddish
defeated bugsy
defeated whitney

team
lady the ledian
snake the onix
lola the oddish
mothra the venonat

(had a more detailed update but weird things happened)

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Id like to sign up. Ill be doing this on pokemon fire red 251+ though (a hack of the original). This means roll my team with the first 386. Since I will be asking for 3 I would ask that I am given an extra substitute in case one is uncatchable. It has brought quite a few things up to speed as far as the physical special splits and new moves. Im not a huge fan of the newer games but I do like the physical/special split a lot; it just makes sense.

user: tharding6
# of pokemon: 3
game: Firered 251+
NFEs: Yes, must be at least one FE
Restrictions: Need at least one by the first gym; meaning one of the following (or its evolved form) must be on the team.

Spoiler:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
For Tharding.
007.gif
157.gif
108.gif

Username: Dark Leader Adam
# of pokemon: 4
Game: Fire Red
NFEs: Only 1.
Restrictions: No Legends.

Years
Forum Username: kirax7
Game Version: you choose it(a hack is good too)
Number of Pokemon: 5(without a Flyer and a Surfer) 6(with both of them)
NFEs: (Yes/No) 1 is good
Restrictions: i want it too be moderately hard
Previous Progress: no

Dark Leader Adam here you go :)

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Team confirmed. I don't think cyndaquil is available until Cinnabar so my fire power is gonna be pretty limited until than haha. Kirax Ill do yours:

Do Fire Red 251+ like me (found in the Sideshow Showcase). I threw in some other restrictions in order to make it a bit harder; you can choose to do them or not.

Restrictions:
- All Pokemon must have a move that matches their nature. I'll leave this to your discretion but an example would be Thief on a Naughty nature, or Calm Mind on a Mild nature.
- Magnemite (your NFE) must be at least 5 levels higher than all fully evolved pokemon.
- Nickname your pokemon to keep the story more interesting

:t282: Gardevoir
:t301: Delcatty
:t124: Jynx
:t302: Sableye
:t081: Magnemite

Years
Completed FR random Pokemon Run! Still working on Light Platinum one though - Still trying to find all wild pokemon locations at the moment.

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

124.gif

Miley|Female|Serious Nature|Oblivious|Lvl 56
Mega Punch
Confusion
Brick Break
Powder Snow
I didn't use ZYNX because last time I tried to use her my game crashed and I had to restart.

099.gif

Pattie|Male|Lonely Nature|Sheer Armor|Lvl 56
Mud Shot
Stomp
Surf
Strength

026.gif

Sparkie|Male|Naughty Nature|Static|Lvl 56
Thunderbolt
Brick Break
Slam
Mega Kick

028.gif

Sandra|Female|Quirky Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 55
Slash
Earthquake
Brick Break
Swift

094.gif

Huntra|Female|Lonely Nature|Levitate|Lvl 55
Shadow Ball
Shadow Punch
Brick Break
Night Shade

127.gif

Lin|Male|Mild Nature|Hyper Cutter|Lvl 55
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Submission
Seismic Toss

New sign-up:
Username: AoTora
Game Version: Leaf Green
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No
Restrictions: No legendaries and balanced team. Generaton 2 Pokemon may be in it too.
Previous progress: Nope.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Aotora you get:

Forretress
Aerodactyl
Lanturn
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Rapidash

I think that is balanced, if not then I will give you a re-roll

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Name: UltraMew
Game: Black 1
NFEs: (Yes/No) What are NFEs? Tell me and I will decide.
Restrictions: An Eeveelution, perhaps?

Years
Name: UltraMew
Game: Black 1
NFEs: (Yes/No) What are NFEs? Tell me and I will decide.
Restrictions: An Eeveelution, perhaps?

NFEs are not fully evolved/Pokemon with lower states than others - for example Eevee would count as NFE and I think that luvdisc would count as one too (Not sure about this one - but from my experience NFE's mostly stand for Not Fully Evolved.

Here is the team you get with NFEs: Basculin, Rogenrola, Zebstrika, Escavalier, Sigilyph and Umbreon.

Here is the team without NFEs: Carracosta, Musharna, Lilligant, Klinklang, Heatmor, Zoroark - So you can see the difference. Also not all pokemon that don't evolve count as NFEs since some are stronger than others.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I've been in the process of updating the thread, and wanted to tell everyone that I added a new parameter to the sign up form. Now you can specify whether you're able to play using National Dex Pokemon or not. Seemed an obvious option to include.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know I signed up for this a while back, and I haven't started, but I'm just gonna pull out for now. I don't have any motivation for it unfortunately, and I wanna use the game I signed up with for the event next month. Maybe I'll sign up again after I finish the event, or change my game later on. Sorry, Necrum! :(

Years
Finally got some progress done! Hacked in Pineco and Chinchou. 2 badges down, 6 left to go.

Current team:

171.gif

Lumina|Female|Rash Nature|Illuminate|Lvl 27
Water Gun
Spark
Supersonic
Flail

204.gif

Rocky|Male|Hasty Nature|Sturdy|Lvl 26
Tackle
Protect
Selfdestruct
Take Down

Kratos184

pokémon heart gold is cool
Years
Gonna play pokémon sapphire again for pokémon emerald dex completion purposes and this seems like a fun way to complete it!

Forum Username: kratos184
Game Version: Sapphire
NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No, only hoenn dex
Restrictions: None
Previous Progress: Nope

Randomize me a nice team please :)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Gonna play pokémon sapphire again for pokémon emerald dex completion purposes and this seems like a fun way to complete it!

Forum Username: kratos184
Game Version: Sapphire
NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No, only hoenn dex
Restrictions: None
Previous Progress: Nope

Randomize me a nice team please :)
Dustox
Starmie
Blaziken
Seadra
Baltoy
Armaldo

Enjoy the ride~

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Well I finished my run on Fire Red 251+. Unfortunately, I accidentally allow my Squirtle to evolve to a Wartortle. That did not make my journey any easier however; my Cyndaquil didn't end up evolving in the end so I ended up finishing the elite 4 and beating my rival with:

Cyndaquil Lv 64
Wartortle Lv 63
Lickitung Lv 62

Notes from my Journey:

I love doing these random challenges because you get a new appreciation for pokemon. Lickitung is a pretty bulky fella. He took a lot of hits and him and Squirtle made a great team. When Wartortle came about (I think my screw up was just after beating Koga) he became a beast for me. He has always been a favourite of mine (if not my favourite Pokemon ever) and this just confirmed that. He beasted Dragonite and my rivals Venusaur. It was a really fun journey in all and I got a good contribution from each of my Pokemon.

RandomMuffin

Dat Hack
Years
Forum Username: RandomMuffin
Game Version: White 2
Number of Pokemon: 9
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: If a pokemon faints, it dies. I only get a new pokemon after a gym.
Previous Progress: No

Looks fun, so I'll mix it with a bit of Nuzlocke.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Forum Username: RandomMuffin
Game Version: White 2
Number of Pokemon: 9
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: If a pokemon faints, it dies. I only get a new pokemon after a gym.
Previous Progress: No

Looks fun, so I'll mix it with a bit of Nuzlocke.
That's an invalid number of Pokemon. It should be 1-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back