• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Well, we saw more of Cheren than Bianca in the trailer. Plus he is now a gym leader, which certainly defeats being a Professor assistant.

Cheren still retains that air of smugness in him, which is REALLY cool.

Years
Well, we saw more of Cheren than Bianca in the trailer. Plus he is now a gym leader, which certainly defeats being a Professor assistant.

Cheren still retains that air of smugness in him, which is REALLY cool.

His personality was among the best IMO, that smugness... and now the trailer has taken it up a notch.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
I think it's nice that Cheren is a gym leader. Though it was a bit predictable due to his personality in the previous game when he was striving for strenfth. Obviously there was a reason for that. ^^

Years
Sorry it' been awhile!

Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?

I always found Roxanne to be really easy because of the fact that i hardly ever pick torchic, but if I do I also pick up a shroomish or a lotad before the gym. She was really easy.

About Bianca and Cheren- I really hope that they scrap most of the old gym leaders becasue having new ones is always so cool! I hope Bianca isn't as down on herself as she was last game, cause that got annoying. and I won't say anything bad about Cheren because of how many people love him (Hikari 10, *cough* *cough*)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?

Whitney Rather hard choice, since most battles has turned out differently in each playthrough, and depending on the Pokémon you've caught and how well you've trained them, the outcome isn't always clear. I do recall Bugsy being pretty easy though, since I almost always chose a Fire starter, and almost always caught a Bird type Pokémon before I reached him, which made the threat that Scyther would otherwise pose as, a minor difficulty. I wouldn't say any first gym leaders, because depending on which game you chose first and all that stuff, and depending on if you knew the objective of the game in your first playthrough, the difficulty of the first gym leader could vary.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Alright, I'll update everything when the time comes, but welcoming all new members!! Why have you all chosen your gym leaders to train under?

I saw somewhere that they are airing the episodes of Homika on June 14th or something like that. Are you excited? What do you actually expect from her? Does everyone still love her now as they did once she was revealed? lol

Olli

Years
Though I don't follow the anime much anymore, I'm definitely psyched, and I'm definitely gonna watch it. I expect her to be a pretty tough battle, though I'm guessing it's not an official gym battle, since B/W and B2/W2 take places in 2 different points in time, and I'm guessing the anime follows B/W. There's also a chance that they're just mixing the two together, by for example making the Kyurem fusions and the freezing of Unova part of the plot, though that's still be weird with the characters like Elesa, who has gotten an entirely new look.

I think the reason that people lost interest in Homika, was basically due to high interest were at the time, and because of how everyone and their mother began using her in themes and stuff, and since new characters have been shown since then, people seems to have went to those instead :p

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
OMG OLLI!!!

I think I may have falling in love with Elesa's new look. More epically beautiful than ever. But I wonder why the change? I'm just curious, that IS her hair that changed color right? Hair dyed? She looks more...pro now than she did however. I have the background as "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" with her and Emolga for the theme...I hope they make a new one of her soon xD

Olli

Years
Who knows? Black may be her actual hair colour, and she just dyed her hair to make it fit her actual title. Either way, her new design is quite beautiful, but as I said, if it's gonna get included in the anime, it may be a little weird to see her change so quickly. But then again, if one year hasn't even passed since Ash went on his journey, a lot of people have changed quite fast xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
OMG OLLI!!!

I think I may have falling in love with Elesa's new look. More epically beautiful than ever. But I wonder why the change? I'm just curious, that IS her hair that changed color right? Hair dyed? She looks more...pro now than she did however. I have the background as "Nimbasa's Shining Beauty" with her and Emolga for the theme...I hope they make a new one of her soon xD

I simply ADORE Elesa's new look. I'm like... a huge fan of her. They actually made her a bit more sexier due to her dress. But still, I love her style, her hair, and her Pokemon.

I'm still wondering about the change though...maybe it's been two years?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Who knows? Black may be her actual hair colour, and she just dyed her hair to make it fit her actual title. Either way, her new design is quite beautiful, but as I said, if it's gonna get included in the anime, it may be a little weird to see her change so quickly. But then again, if one year hasn't even passed since Ash went on his journey, a lot of people have changed quite fast xD
So can someone answer me how the Gym works in the anime for B/W? Are the 8 Gym Leaders in the B/W game in the Anime like they normally should be in past generations? If so, how does Homika and the others fit in? Did they actually make more than 8 gyms for Unova in the Anime?

I simply ADORE Elesa's new look. I'm like... a huge fan of her. They actually made her a bit more sexier due to her dress. But still, I love her style, her hair, and her Pokemon.

I'm still wondering about the change though...maybe it's been two years?
Or they may just not include her new look in the Anime, just in B/W2? Who knows. Is Iris going to be the gym leader battle Ash will face in the end or no?

UPDATED!!
I've finally updated the member's list. Letting everyone know that when B/W2 releases and when the Pokemon and Sprites release for each new Gym Leader, I will let everyone know when they can change Gym Leader's & Pokemon to their respectable choices.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
Well, the episodes with Homika hasn't come out yet, and I still do believe that the battle is set to be before she has become a gym leader, as it would make more sense with the timeline they are following now.

But, so far all the gyms has been like they were in B/W, and that's about all I know. I don't know anything about how the other gym leaders are gonna fit in, but there are only a few options I can think of.

One is that all of the Black and White 2 gym leaders actually already are gym leaders in the anime, which would make sense since we haven't seen Cheren yet, and since Homika is gonna be in an episode soon, but B2/W2 is set to be years after the events of B/W, which makes it much harder to make it all make sense, plus we still have the problem with Elesa.

Another option would be that everything will be changed at some point while they're in the region, with the Kyurem fusions and stuff, and the whole region getting surrounded by ice, but I think that would be better fit for a movie, and I can't quite see a reason why all the gym leaders should be replaced.

The last option i can think of, would be for the protagonists to return to the region a later time, where the B2/W2 gym leaders would be there instead of the B/W gym leaders, but that sounds like a lot of backtracking, and it wouldn't quite make sense either, with how the time moves in the Pokémon world, and how it just isn't worth it for the anime team to redo the whole region just because it has got new gym leaders.

So yeah, we'll just have to wait and see what happens, so who knows. All the B2/W2 events might happen in the anime really soon, or they might never happen at all.

Olli

Years
I don't think so. :/ That'd be pretty slobby of the game developers to give her a twin just out of the blue, since nothing has been hinted at it from the previous games, and since it just wouldn't make sense in general xD I mean, the games are set to be 3 years after B/W, and that gives Elesa quite enough time to get a new look, but the place where it's contradictory is in the anime, where it just doesn't really make sense for her to change so sudden.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Maybe the Elesa we saw in the intro movie was her twin. XD It would make a lot more sense that way tho

I don't think so. :/ That'd be pretty slobby of the game developers to give her a twin just out of the blue, since nothing has been hinted at it from the previous games, and since it just wouldn't make sense in general xD I mean, the games are set to be 3 years after B/W, and that gives Elesa quite enough time to get a new look, but the place where it's contradictory is in the anime, where it just doesn't really make sense for her to change so sudden.
Can you really say that after the announcement of B/W2 coming out of the blue the way it did? But I highly doubt they made Elesa a twin. Although it'd be quite interesting.

So far what do we know of the gym leaders in B/W2? I can only remember 4. Shizui, Homika, Cheren & Elesa thus far?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I...highly doubt that's a twin of Elesa's. I'm pretty sure she changed her look.

ANYWAYS, with permission of my looovely pair aka the owner of this club aka Sector :D I want to bring up a new topic, yes?

Janine, the new Poison Type Gym Leader in Fuchsia City, also daughter of Koga, is the only gym leader that has not made an appearence in the anime, and is therefore game-only. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see her in the anime just to get to know her more than just the games?

Years
I...highly doubt that's a twin of Elesa's. I'm pretty sure she changed her look.

ANYWAYS, with permission of my looovely pair aka the owner of this club aka Sector :D I want to bring up a new topic, yes?

Janine, the new Poison Type Gym Leader in Fuchsia City, also daughter of Koga, is the only gym leader that has not made an appearence in the anime, and is therefore game-only. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see her in the anime just to get to know her more than just the games?

Elesa definitely changed her look.

Also, on the topic of Janine. She needs an anime appearance sometime in the near future given she was shown as one of the Gym Leaders to be appearing in B2/W2's World Tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back