• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Dekorora Arc

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The Return of.....? (Possible spoilers)

Hey guys, with the 5th Gen continuing through the Decolora Islands in Japan. A new episode title was revealed.

Episode 791: Ash and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

My question is, do you think Ash's Butterfree will finally return? If you remember, Charizard returned right after the episode when he was remembering Ash's Charizard.

If Butterfree does return, do you think we will see other pokemon that we thought he had forgotten such as Primeape and Pidgeot?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Merging this with the general Decolora thread~

I'm hoping it's Ash's Butterfree and not just some random that reminds him of his Butterfree. Or a flashback episode. Booooring. But if it does turn out to be his, then it's almost guaranteed that it will not be staying for more than that episode. Which is fine, you know? I'd like that. Just something to show he didn't forget, and it's totally possible to run into his older Pokémon again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah, I would love to see Butterfree again. It be nice for him to use Butterfree in a battle or something though. They still haven't said much about the storyline for the Decolora Islands yet. There has to be some sort of reasoning other than a filler arc to hold us off till October or so.

Sorry for the other thread, didn't even think of putting it here.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Many fans thought Ash's Butterfree was dead because it had babies, and butterflies irl die after having babies. But now that Butterfree is coming back, does that mess with the continuity, or has the death thing become non-canon like Ash spending his Kanto journey for a year.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, I would love to see Butterfree again. It be nice for him to use Butterfree in a battle or something though. They still haven't said much about the storyline for the Decolora Islands yet. There has to be some sort of reasoning other than a filler arc to hold us off till October or so.

Sorry for the other thread, didn't even think of putting it here.
I still think it's mainly filler. We haven't gotten any hints to an extended arc yet and you'd think by now if there was going to be one then... yeah.

and don't worry about it, cupcake~

Many fans thought Ash's Butterfree was dead because it had babies, and butterflies irl die after having babies. But now that Butterfree is coming back, does that mess with the continuity, or has the death thing become non-canon like Ash spending his Kanto journey for a year.
Welp. Um. For one, Butterfree biology may or may not be anywhere near similar to real-world butterflies. It's a Pokémon, man, it might be able to fertilize without dying. Not that Pokémon would ever bring that up. So Butterfree's death has never been canon.

And it's already been set in stone that Ash was 10 at the beginning of Unova. That's pretty much murdered all sense of time. Continuity seems to be intact except for certain movies. So no, it messes with nothing that hasn't already been royally screwed with.

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, with the 5th Gen continuing through the Decolora Islands in Japan. A new episode title was revealed.

Episode 791: Ash and Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

My question is, do you think Ash's Butterfree will finally return? If you remember, Charizard returned right after the episode when he was remembering Ash's Charizard.

If Butterfree does return, do you think we will see other pokemon that we thought he had forgotten such as Primeape and Pidgeot?
It should be just that She is living with her mate on that Island where Ash came in Dekorora. And Butterfree is not a powerful Poke so It would be just that Ash will just meet him and his family and say goodbye to it again. Also I am pretty positive that it is Ash's old poke. The image in Serebii shows that...

Years
I am quite surprised that no one is taking interest in posting any stuff in this thread even though the Dekorora Arc is still being aired?? How about the discussion of the Dekorora Islands???

Back