• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #30 - POLL

NaMe YoUr PoIsOn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #30 - POLL
Hosted by: Logiedan

Theme: Better Feng-Shui

Vote for only one entry this poll.

Voting Rules:

• One vote per person (unless stated otherwise)
  • You may not vote for yourself
  • You can post which one you voted for and why
  • Critique is really appreciated to help those who struggled in votes!
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Unrestricted. Must be a 16x16 multiplied canvas to fit all sprites together.
  • Palette Requirements: 48 colours in total.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR & usually not associated with furniture tiles)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
List of Contestants:
NOTE: This is in no particular order or related to the order of entries below.
blackmoonflower, Fenneking,★Hoenn★, GolurkIsDaBomb and Vegetunks937.

Entry 1
2z8ub0w.jpg

Desk, Drawer/Closet, Chair

Entry 2
16kaurm.jpg

Table Tennis table, Jukebox, Loft Bed w/ slide

Entry 3
2yoq3dh.jpg

LED Smart TV, Bookshelf with glass window, Bulbasaur Table

Entry 4
2mhii50.jpg

Afterlife Collection
Vain Vanity, Deigning Table, Coffer Coffin

Entry 5
2zi07d3.jpg

Bed, Drawer, Mirror

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Voting for Entry 5. So simple yet elegant designs, and effective use of highlights to make it look shiny and clean.

I would've voted for four, but meh, the dead scare me ;-;

Years
I wish there were equal posts to votes. It's nice to see some commentary. Especially, when we can only vote for one, and there are clearly more than one great pieces to choose from!

1) These look as if they could be part of a technical design layout of a house. The pieces really capture real-world furnishings. My favorite piece is the mirrored closet, the shading is done very well. The downside, would have to be the strengths I just listed. It may be too realistic, and not as jovial and animated to mimic the more whimsical dimensions of the gaming world.

2) These are highly saturated colors, 2D, with little shading, but those all help give the style real impact, and has a lot of character that makes a gaming environment feel a bit quirky and fun. My favorite elements would have to be the simple shading on the ping-pong table and the colors used in the jute box. All of the pieces, namely the first two, really share a unique point of view.

3) There are some really distinctive idiosyncrasies in these tiles. The first two are really great in that way. They almost look like what the GBA would have had if it had a boot-up menu, like the DS. A very cartoony, and nintendo-y vibe. I wasn't even sure what the second item was, but it just seemed to fit that aesthetic well. Unfortunately, the Bulbasaur chair looks a bit rough around the edges, and doesn't have the same appeal as the other two.

4) This one is extremely whimsical and encapsulates non-reality the most. It's evil and fun at the same time. This one might have the opposite problem of five, it may have too much embellishment, though they are well done. The theme and style through out is consistent and intriguing despite that.

5) I love that bed. It would be perfect for an evil princess peach. For some reason, my mind goes straight to Mario, which is definitely not a bad thing! Also, these pieces all really go well with each other in style, color, and execution. I would have like to see just a bit more innovation with the drawer and mirror to really make them stand out, even if just a small embellishment, though they are both good.

To all - Very well done!

Years
Will post results soon. Going to close and update this later. A notice on the forum splash will be put to announce new WPCs and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back