• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eliminationlocke Challenge!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Eliminationlocke!

Hello and welcome to the Eliminationlocke challenge, this is a combination of the Nuzlocke challenge and the random pokemon challenge, Basically you can use a random number generator or a random pokemon generator both of which can be fount by clicking the links below!

Random Number Generator.
Random Pokemon Generator.

Basically how the challenge works is, you pick your team of between 1 and 9, then you randomly generate the number of pokemon you chose and the team you end up with is the team you must use to complete a game you choose, and the challenge is to try and beat the challenge without losing any pokemon, but just like a nuzlocke if a member of your team dies you must release or box it. (Just an FYI so people know, you will need to hack for this :))

Rules:
1. If a pokemon dies it must be released or boxed forever.
2. If you generate a team with NFE's you can choose to evolve the pokemon to it's final form.
3. If you generate a fully evolved pokemon you can choose to use it's pre-evolved form.
4. ALL pokemon must be nicknamed, (usually this is an optional rule but nicknaming your pokemon gives you a bigger bond to them, meaning you treat them with more respect :D)
5. If you generate a legendary you can choose to use it or you can re generate :)

Optional Rules:
A black out is game over, Regardless if you have spare pokemon generated in your PC.
You must change your battle style to SET.
You can only use the Poke Center a number of times per town.
You cannot generate legendary pokemon.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centers and moves such as Softboiled.
You may not heal outside of healing items and moves such as Softboiled.
You may not heal outside of battle.
Make comics of your challenge and have fun! (strongly recommended).

How do I know when I have completed the challenge?:
R/G/B: Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.
G/S/C: Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.
FR/LG: Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.
D/P/P: Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.
HG/SS: Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.
B/W: Defeat the Elite Four, N and Ghetsis.
B2/W2: Defeat the Elite Four and Champion.

Here is how the sign-up sheet works:
Name:
Game:
Ultimate or Solo:
Number of Pokemon:
Team which you generated?:
Any optional rules?:

So here is mine.
Name: Dark Leader Adam.
Game: Emerald.
Ultimate or Solo: Solo.
Number of Pokemon: 4
Team which you generated?: Geodude, Jigglypuff, Relicanth, Silcoon. (I will be using the evolved forms of these pokemon.)

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:

Single Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Name: Gkos34
Game: LG, HG, Ruby, Platinum, White
Ultimate or Solo: Ultimate
Team which you generated?: Meowth, Milotic, Gyarados, Blissey
Any optional rules?: Battle Style SET, and No Legendaries

This is going to be an......interesting....team. One question: Am I allowed to hack in a
National Dex in Leaf Green to be able to evolve Feebas and Chansey?

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Name: Gkos34
Game: LG, HG, Ruby, Platinum, White
Team which you generated?: Meowth, Milotic, Gyarados, Blissey
Any optional rules?: Battle Style SET, and No Legendaries

This is going to be an......interesting....team. One question: Am I allowed to hack in a
National Dex in Leaf Green to be able to evolve Feebas and Chansey?

You can hack in a the national dex if you wish, I have had that problem myself :s

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Wow this looks hard, i may try this out when i finish my current challenges, until then i'm cheering you guys on ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
First update:

After actually starting this challenge, I realize how hard it is to train a Blissey.
The first special attack you can teach it is the Water Pulse TM from Misty, but that isn't very useful when you're running two water types.

Anyways,
I had to use a modifier to catch Meowth, Gyarados, Milotic, and Blissey.

Then I grinded all of them up to level 8 before Viridian Forest.

By the time I got out they were all level 9 and I easily sweeped Brock with Milotic.

At this point I realized I was ridiculously under-leveled, but I didn't do any grinding.

Making my way through Mt.Moon, Meowth almost died by poison due to the fossil person's Ekans. Luckily Gamefreak decided to put an antidote right at the exit of the cave.

Once I made it through Mt.Moon, I taught Blissey Mega Punch and then grinded everyone up to level 16.

I my rival and everyone up to Bill pretty easily, and then I fought Misty, with my guys still around 16 - 17. At first I thought i was going to get destroyed but Gyarados saved the day, using Thrash and destroying everything. That's where I left off so here are my pokemon so far.

http://imgur.com/a/x8ROV

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Name: Pacifist
Game: Soulsilver
Ultimate or Solo: Solo
Number of Pokemon: 6
Team which you generated?:
Spoiler:

Any optional rules?: Nope :P
------edit------
Update 1
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I decided to re generate my team with 6, mainly because i have never done a Eliminationlocke before :D

Here is my emerald generated team:
160 Feraligatr - Totodile
329 Vibrava - Trapinch
313 Volbeat
286 Breloom - Shroomish
125 Electabuzz - Elekid
240 Magby

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Name: DarkChibimon
Game: FR/HG/E/Pl/B
Number of Pokemon: 9
Team which you generated?: Dragonite, Deoxys (Speed), Zangoose, Gallade, Cyndaquil, Lucario, Skarmory, Milotic, Darkrai
Any optional rules?: Make comics of your challenge

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: KoboraX
Game: Platinum
Number of Pokemon: 8 (I was originally planning to do just six, but I thought I would grab two extras in case party members die early on)
Team which you generated?: Exeggcute, Manectric, Regice (I kid you not, I really got Regice), Gengar, Abomasnow, Barboach, Nosepass, Vibrava (I will have to wait and get the Poketch before I can hack them all in, though. It's a thing on my AR for my Platinum Version. And yes, I'm using the evolutions. An Eliminationlocke with NFEs is pretty much suicide.)
Any optional rules?: No, I won't go with any of them, because I might get destroyed even harder.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Sorry haven't been updating, just been busy and haven't had time to play D:

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
This sounds hard to do but i want to try (not that i can do a normal nuzlocke)
Name:Riane
Game:Soulsilver
Ultimate or Solo:solo
Number of Pokemon:8
Team which you generated?: absol, trapinch, seel, drifloon, stunky, prinplup, dragonair, breloom
Any optional rules?: none

im going to be starting out with everything but trapinch and dragonair in the beginning they will go in the box incase of a death.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Guess who finished their eliminationlocke!

Started the journey with 6 pokemon, ended with 3.

Died:
Breloom
Volbeat
Magby

Alive:
Feraligatr
Flygon
Electabuzz

MVP:
Breloom practically carried me through 90% of the game.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Small Update:
Grinded my guys to 21 in Diglett's Cave
Beat the S.S. Anne
Grinded my guys to 26 in Diglett's Cave
Beat Lt. Surge with Dig on Meowth

Lt. Surge was pretty much the only part of the game I was worried about so its pretty much smooth sailing from here on out. :)
Erika might be a problem but I'm not too concerned.
I'll probably play more of this tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
I'd like to retire from this challenge. Mostly because of me not really having much fun doing it, and partly because of time constraints. I might try again with a different team in the future but for now I think I'm just going to stop.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Name: Pharaoh721
Game: Emerald
Team which you generated?: duskull lanturn claydol maqurain
Any optional rules?: none

Back