• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a good team for Black?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I started my third adventure of Pokemon Black.
Today, I've been thinking of a team. This is what I have in mind:
Samurott
Darmatian
Leavanny
Sigilyph
Crustle
Haxorus

I know I have two bug types on my team. Leavanny is part Grass which is useful against Seismitoads and Water types. Crustle is bulky and has good Attack, but I'm willing to use a Zebstrika or Gavalanta (not sure how to spell it).

Is it a good final team?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Not taking movesets into consideration (since you didn't post any), that would probably be a decent team. Flyers are probably going to be a problem though. Your best counter to Flyers is going to be Crustle, but with that Bug secondary typing, it's only neutral to them instead of resistant.

Zebstrika could sort of deal with that (so could Galvantula, but it has the same problem as Crustle - its secondary Bug typing) , but then you won't have anything on the "hard" end of the types (as I think of them) - Rock, Ground or Steel. And the other purpose that Electrics serve - dealing with Waters - Leavanny can already handle quite well. I don't think you'll get as much out of an Electric as you could out of a "hard" type.

Excadrill would work, but since this is your third time through, I'm assuming you've already used one. I don't know if that's pertinent anyway though. Gigalith could work too. For that matter, Crustle would probably work out - it is bulky enough that it generally doesn't take a whole lot of damage from neutral attacks. That's just something to consider though.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Crustle is neutral to Flying, but with it's great defenses, it won't matter too much. I want Crustle a lot because of Stealth Rocks, but Gigalith can set them up too. I've used an Excadrill in Black 2.
Galvantua is fast and has good attacking stats, but decent defenses.

Back