• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hidden Grottoes

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in B2/W2 there was something really awesome called the Hidden Hollows, in which you could find Pokemon with their hidden abilities in, which was often very useful!! What were some of your best finds in the hidden hollows? What are you currently searching for (or maybe given up on?) Also do you think the hidden hollows should've been in B/W, too, or would've they seemed less interesting if they were in both? Share your thoughts!

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
It wouldn't really be interesting if it were in both. =/
Hidden Hollows were very useful too.
The best find I had was that I found a Bagon at the outer Pinwheel Forest,
and a Dragonite at Route 18

Years
I agree with Lati, it wouldn't be interesting if the Hidden Hollows weren't in both games, but I've been pretty unlucky with them as far as finding Pokemon goes. Most of the time I only found an item or hidden item.

Aside from the Minccino that is required to be encountered, the only Pokemon I ever found in these hollows was a Foongus on Route 13. Sadly I didn't catch it though.

Years
I absolutely love Hidden Hollows! I think my best find was probably... I don't know a foongus? (I love them, but don't have great luck with them) Oh,some other interesting ones I got were a Leavanny, a Liepard and of course the Cincinno. I was searching for a Gligar, but after lots and lots of searching, I gave up on finding it. It IS one percent, but I searched for a while :( I would have loved if the Hidden Hollows were in BW, especially if they mostly contained different pokemon! Some of the hidden abilities on pokemon are AWESOME, and I don't think having the feature in both games would have detracted what people really thought of it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Well Hidden Grottos is the English name but anyway (not to be a jerkbag or anything.) ......I really like them. I accidentally clicked Run on the Minccino that was required to b encountered. :( My best find so far , I would say is the lv. 20 Foongus I found on Route 6 or the Super Repel I found in Lostlorn Forest. I think I prefer that they were just in Black 2 and White 2 it wouldn't be as interesting this time around since it wouldn't have been a new feature.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I really like the grottoes. They give me something extra to look for when I'm exploring a new route, and a nice thing to keep tabs on from then on. The pokemon (other than Foongus and Amoongus) are disappointingly rare though. I spent a couple of days a few weeks ago just running back and forth and triggering grottoes, and even with that, the best I've come up with is a Pickpocket Sneasel (who's now a Weavile and being ground up to join the rest of my pokemon) and a couple of other, less interesting ones - Oblivious Spheal, Flare Boost Drifloon and so on. I really want a Moxie Heracross or Pinsir, but haven't turned up either. And I haven't beaten the E4 yet, so there's still a bunch of grottoes, and a bunch of pokemon, to come - Sheer Force Hariyama, Nidoking/queen and Kingler, Multiscale Dragonite, Technician Breloom....

Years
Loved the idea of the Hidden Hollow/Grottoes in BW2, as you could find some interesting Pokemon or an item every once and a while. Granted, I've been awfully unlucky finding any Pokemon in them (aside from one Liepard, I've only found 3 Foongus), and if there is an item, it always seems to be Mulch or a regular Poke Ball.

I think it's one of those little additions that made BW2 more exciting, and I don't think I would've enjoyed them as much if they debuted in Black and White.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I liked the hidden grottos in black and white 2 as it gives you a chance to get DW pokemon and items without going to the dreamworld or a pokemart. Part from the Minncino that is in everyones game the only other pokemon I have found was a Pachirisu in the route 3 one.

TBH: if they were in both b/w and b/w 2 we would have been so ticked off with them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've found Dream World Modest Poliwhirl (with a high sPA IV, possibly 31, idr) and Technician Breloom with a + attack nature. :) JEALOUS?

(I did search for them unfortunately I'm not that lucky!)

I really like the grottoes. They give me something extra to look for when I'm exploring a new route, and a nice thing to keep tabs on from then on. The pokemon (other than Foongus and Amoongus) are disappointingly rare though. I spent a couple of days a few weeks ago just running back and forth and triggering grottoes, and even with that, the best I've come up with is a Pickpocket Sneasel (who's now a Weavile and being ground up to join the rest of my pokemon) and a couple of other, less interesting ones - Oblivious Spheal, Flare Boost Drifloon and so on. I really want a Moxie Heracross or Pinsir, but haven't turned up either. And I haven't beaten the E4 yet, so there's still a bunch of grottoes, and a bunch of pokemon, to come - Sheer Force Hariyama, Nidoking/queen and Kingler, Multiscale Dragonite, Technician Breloom....

I want Moxie Hera/Pinsir too ;_; I was going to look for them but then I got lazyyy and I care more for SRing for a great Multiscale Dragonite but I can't find oneee. Oh and I want to find a Swoobat, too!

Well Hidden Grottos is the English name but anyway (not to be a jerkbag or anything.) ......I really like them. I accidentally clicked Run on the Minccino that was required to b encountered. :( My best find so far , I would say is the lv. 20 Foongus I found on Route 6 or the Super Repel I found in Lostlorn Forest. I think I prefer that they were just in Black 2 and White 2 it wouldn't be as interesting this time around since it wouldn't have been a new feature.

Sorryyy for calling it hollows ;; I was used to it so ya. Anyway it sucks that you ran away from it :( Buuut you can always find another!

I absolutely love Hidden Hollows! I think my best find was probably... I don't know a foongus? (I love them, but don't have great luck with them) Oh,some other interesting ones I got were a Leavanny, a Liepard and of course the Cincinno. I was searching for a Gligar, but after lots and lots of searching, I gave up on finding it. It IS one percent, but I searched for a while :( I would have loved if the Hidden Hollows were in BW, especially if they mostly contained different pokemon! Some of the hidden abilities on pokemon are AWESOME, and I don't think having the feature in both games would have detracted what people really thought of it.

I have a Gligar, or maybe I was just SRing it, nevertheless it appeared for me and I haven't killed it, perhaps I could share it later on (or you could use the Dream World you lazy!)

It wouldn't really be interesting if it were in both. =/
Hidden Hollows were very useful too.
The best find I had was that I found a Bagon at the outer Pinwheel Forest,
and a Dragonite at Route 18

Hey those sound awesome. n_n

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Quick grotto news, because I have to share it somewhere - finished up Pinwheel Forest in B2 yesterday and checked the grottoes, but got items. Then when I was leaving town, I got the egg, so I flew back to Skyarrow and rode back and forth until it hatched. I almost flew back to town then, but I decided I might as well check the grottoes along the way, since they might've regenerated what with all that riding back and forth I did. And in the grotto just off the water, I found a Technician Breloom, and a female one to boot... :D

This is why I like the grottoes. They're a nice bonus thing that don't require any particular investment other than the time to get to them, and sometimes they pay off with really cool stuff.

Next stop - the Day Care, so I can get Bullet Seed bred onto one...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Hidden Grottoes are great alternatives for those who don't have the Dream World. Sadly, Thick Fat Poliswine aren't available those grottoes, which means I can't use a Mamoswine on my team and have to find another EQ user.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Quick grotto news, because I have to share it somewhere - finished up Pinwheel Forest in B2 yesterday and checked the grottoes, but got items. Then when I was leaving town, I got the egg, so I flew back to Skyarrow and rode back and forth until it hatched. I almost flew back to town then, but I decided I might as well check the grottoes along the way, since they might've regenerated what with all that riding back and forth I did. And in the grotto just off the water, I found a Technician Breloom, and a female one to boot... :D

This is why I like the grottoes. They're a nice bonus thing that don't require any particular investment other than the time to get to them, and sometimes they pay off with really cool stuff.

Next stop - the Day Care, so I can get Bullet Seed bred onto one...

That's really awesome! n_n I wish I could find a female Technician in-game, but nope sadly I was stuck wth male, making it really hard!

rn I think what I want most is any sort of Unaware bat.

Years
I actually caught a Pokemon in Route 5's Hidden Grotto today, a Minccino.

Skill Link looks nice but sadly I had to be cursed with catching the common male Skill Link Minccino. At least I finally got something nice out of it, but sadly getting the more common gender sucked.

Back