• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokénnect: The Pokémon MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Aha but could you answer my question?
Its above yours. Also black lucario? Hmm intresting. I also think shellos should get a theme for each quadrant.

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
I did; I would assume that we would update the game by quadrants, but I'm going to double check with the programmers.

Yes, certain Pokemon will get special looks in certain conditions. However, a standard Lucario will still be blue.

You guessed right. Shellos will be getting a different theme for each quadrant. And, in a special event, there will be a base Shellos; an ancient version that is golden. This ancient version spawened all of the Shellos that you see today.

If you've ever seen Pokemon Naranja, the hack, you can expect the sprites of the Pokemon to be done in a similar manner. For example, a Ponyta will have a brighter burning flame to keep it alive during torrential rains. Sharpedo will have a color scheme similar to a great white, and Dustox will have larger wings to be able to keep out of reach of predators.

danktron3k

Kanto Ace
Years
This looks really great, I hope you succeed. I am curious as to how you plan to pay for hosting costs. You obviously can't outright charge people without a license. Do you think you can make it by with just donations? Also do you plan on doing a public alpha/beta phase? I would be very interested in being an alpha/beta tester, and also would be willing to donate some coin to see this thing get up and running. Good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Yes, we do plan on doing a beta phase. Alpha, I'm not so sure.

The money situation. Hm... That is an issue, but we do plan on having donations. But don't get your wallet out yet; the final version will be online, and the last version may have limited online access. Putting the game up so you can play with everyone will be last on our list, as we need to implement everything else. However, we don't have much programmed yet, and anything that we do, it is in Gamemaker.

On a plus side, we /will/ have testers, but, like I said before, nothing is out yet, so just sit back and watch. We will keep you posted, and once we do have something, we can choose. ;)

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Well this being an mmo and me playing online browser mmos i could tell a lot about how good it is and all that cause i think well this is the first with a walk about system. I mean i usually play either ikariam gladiatus bite fight and the rest so this would be a new change for browser games. And if you make it smooth? Then its worth it. Also money problems. Your goin to get your but sued if one penny is made off of this.My whole half first was a kinda reason to lead to ask this question:
Can i beta test?

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Of course you will gain experience!

Unfortunately, with so much freedom, there will be flaws. Friends could just battle each other with a high leveled Pokemon and loose. So, if the Pokemon is within, 20 or so levels, you will gain full EXP. Anything over that, however, will be split by 30 percent or so.

Anyways, I've been mentioning the island section, and now you all can see.

I present to you... The Treasure Archipelago!

islandyw6.png

As you can see, many islands are in this section. However, not only is this going to be an addition to Jurni, there are special qualities about it!

But I should tell you about that darker area of water...

During the night, a meteor came plummeting into the center of the lake. It created a huge basin. An endless (or, so it seems) waterfall in the center of the lake hold a secret- the DNA Pokemon Deoxys! How you can meet this rare Pokemon will be revealed as time goes by.

Plus, Pokemon have different sprites, whether differently colored or in a new form . We currently have some beta sprites of them, but they will improve soon.

Just note: we are going to do in the Poliwag line. So, pretend they are not there. xP

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
it keeps looking better. so the south island withthe big hole is the lake correct?

on side not it says ive been banned from you site but i havnt even registared or anything i just visited it.

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
Looks good. Cannot wait to see if you have any more edits. By the way if this game supports multiplayer how would you support all the events that delete and then other players couldn't see that event?

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
Looks good. Cannot wait to see if you have any more edits. By the way if this game supports multiplayer how would you support all the events that delete and then other players couldn't see that event?

if id have to guess since it is using php and ajax (i know php can use mysql) they will use a database for users and once a player completed a quest it will save into the database that they have done it and will null the effect.

so like

event 1
event processing/event text/event prize
if setting1 = true then
sorry you have already done this

Do you understand that? Thats basically how mmo's are.

Steak

ALL YOUR BASE.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 10, 2008
will the elite four and champion be made up of players?
No, they will be NPCs.
Oh wait, I don't remember if we even have an elite four? :S
And neat thread Luke, glad to see everyone is enthralled by this. :D
BTW, I notice that Programmer isn't one of my titles in this post. :P

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Hah, Steak, I'll add Programmer. xD

@ Crzyone- You pretty much got it right, except see next explanation.

@Manio- Crzyone got it. However, for the Regional Events, they will stay in effect until the deadline is reached. Any players who missed it will have to wait until the event comes around agian.

@Impish- I think we have an Elite Four. However, unlike the games, it is only a test. There will be the Trainer Tournament (name not set) after you complete the Elite Four, where all of the trainers who wish to compete will be able to partake in competitions. Just like in the anime. Final two probably get a super-rare event, and the winner will be crowned and will be honored among the residents in Jurni.

News update- We were thinking about changing some of the trainer sprites, but I am not entirely sure about this one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Dialogue snippet

Well, I'm one of the main dialogue writers on Pokennect, so I present to you a little snippet of dialogue. This is a hitherto unrevealed gym leader. so the name is blocked...
[x][x][x] [x][x][x][x][x]
Encounter (P) With military precision and power, steel types are not to be underestimated. I am [x][x][x] [x][x][x][x][x]... for 20 years, I have been in the Army, and my steel type Pokémon have toughed it out with me. Now, I have retired, and though I may no longer be in the army, my Pokémon and I will fight the same way as we have always done. With integrity, with patriotism and with honour!
Encounter (S) In war, a second chance is rare, and a third chance is even rarer. You have been given another chance to battle me. Will you use it well?
In BattleEven if you think you will succeed, there is always a chance of failure!
Immediate Congratulations trainer. I see you are successful. Consider this a promotion. Take this Ferrum badge. <recieve> It will permit you to use HM <hmname> outside of battle. Also, take this tm <tmname> This is a devastating move, if it's used well. Good luck in the future, trainer.
Prolonged There is a lot to learn in this world. And you have a long way to go. But your adventure will never end.

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
Years
Well, first off, let me say HARDY HAR HAR. You guys tricked me with the first post. I thought this epic-ness was already done and waitin for me to come. :(

I must admit, this is a very good sounding MMORPG. I've always wanted one, and the whole new world in addition to the old regions make me very excited. I wish there was something I could do to help, but I'm afraid I'm handicapped in terms of what you guys are doing. I am quite the artist, not meaning to brag though. When I finally can start scanning my pictures, maybe you can have your own official art instead of copying and pasting ones that everyone else grabs? Okay then, lemme stop being a blabber mouth. I'm definately keeping an eye on this.

Don't disappoint, 'an good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back