• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do crushes ever die?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
nearly all of us have had them at some point. The question is, do you still think about them? The crush may have ended, but does the memory disappear?

I still think about all of them sometimes, even ones from years ago. What about you?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I remember my crushes, mainly because I've been really lucky in that every girl I've liked, I've managed to be with for a while at some point. I still think about people I used to like I guess although not like "oh my god i wish i was still with them". I'm mainly thinking about how I've moved on from then really. I don't actually think negatively about people I used to like at all since most of them had to move away or whatever rather than something putting me off.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I've had a tone of crushes really. I've been let down a few times, but most of them either died out or I managed to ask the other person out. I remember quite a few embarrassing crushes actually. :x

I have quite a big crush on a new english teacher in my school, shes really pretty. I wanna ask her for a dance if she ends up attending the prom. xD;

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
I remember all my crushes, but that's because I have a good memory, not because they turned out well. *sigh*

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well Ive had a few of them. I can usually forget all about them after a while. I dont remember all of them but 1 or 2 and got over them simply be distracting myself until the feelings I had for them went away, which is good baecause all the crushes Ive ever had have, the guys had been taken already.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I remember all my crushes, mainly because I was never able to act on them. So they are some pretty sad memories, I guess. >__>

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I remember them, but I wouldn't by any means say the crush is still 'alive'. I don't have any feelings for them any longer except for a vague fond remembrance of why I used to have a crush on them. I believe that love is completely fluid; just because you loved someone once doesn't mean that you'll "love them forever" or a romantic notion like that.

Ayselipera

I think about them all quite often. Mainly because I still see most of them having always lived in the same place. :( Anyways I just find it funny to reflect back because everyone I've liked has always been so varied especially because there was this weird middle school/high school gap where I didn't like anyone for a year or so and then began liking people again and so what I preferred changed in a huge way. Then at the same time every big crush I had after the crush had died they then became a pretty good friend so I still talk to some of them often.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, I've really only had two crushes. One on this girl from high school when I was a freshman/sophomore. She was literally perfect in every possible way, so yeah... haven't forgotten about her.

I also had a crush on a guy not long ago, that turned out to be asexual. I gave it up pretty quickly, but I still think about it when I talk to him.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
All but two or three of my crushes have faded over time, if not vanished completely. Despite this, I remember each and every one of them. I have a crushing tendency to fall for straight guys, which prevents me from taking them very far. My natural hesitance and shyness accounts for the rest.

I sing "Someone Like You" sometimes... and it helps!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't particularly think about my crushes too much because I never thought of a way to really talk to them.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I think if you have a crush on someone and it goes nowhere/goes somewhere but ends badly, and you've gotten over it, they conditionally come back. If you're truly over it, you won't be thinking about it. Maybe once in a while, but even then it won't be ruining your day, you'll just change topic of thought after exhausting that one.

I think reminisces of a crush only float back up to the surface when you start talking to that person or see a picture of them on Facebook or something. The picture especially because it kinda brings back your primal reasons to have had a crush on the person: their looks. Talking to them can bring back memories if you actually get into the topic with that person, which really never has a good outcome lol.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, crushes cease to exist after a while. I grow up a little, move on. Find something better to involve my time in. I've had a few crushes, and all of them but 1 have died off. My crush on him will be forever strong >.<! Then, there is this new kid that is pretty damn attractive. I guess I had a little bit of a crush on him, but I don't really feel it anymore.

My life philosophy, though, wouldn't really allow me to think of such incidents. I don't waste time regretting the past, I don't waste time worrying about the future, I spend all my time living in the present. It's the best way to be.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Well, all but one did. I ended up going out with them for a week, but my feelings still lingered, and I've had feelings for her for the past 2+ years. So yea, the crushes that didn't mean anything to me died, but not this one.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Crushes never die, they just lay dormant in the mind until you feel you're ready to take the relationship to the next level.

Until you can be mature and accept being more than friends, those crushes will stay there somewhere in your mind

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Mine do. In fact, I only remember two of them. I'm positive I had more than that in my life.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I remember all of my crushes, most of them died lol. xD; I don't really think about them anymore because most of them are in a relationship right now I think xD;

Melody

Banned
Years
Oh I remember all of my crushes. I remember them with the same fidelity and clarity as I felt them back then. I don't forget things like that. Oh sure, I occasionally wonder "I wonder if _ is single" but I really don't give much more thought to them than that, and I really don't mean that I still feel the same about them. When I get over a crush, it's a permanent status, and I never crush on the same person twice.

My memory has never let me down when it comes to remembering people who have actually imprinted upon me somehow, and a crush is probably the deepest imprint one can actually make. It's one you can't undo, or unmake. There will always be special places in my heart for each of my crushes, even if I am over them.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Yeah, I think I only had one or two crushes in my lifetime.
The memories are still there. I don't really care about the stuff anymore, though. xD;
So I don't ever think about how their love life is doing and whatnot, because it's not of my concern.
The only reason why I probably liked them was probably just because of hormones. o3o

Back