• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Unova Gym Leader?

Who is the hardest Unova Gym Leader?

• Total voters
Years
Clay was the hardest for me both on Black and White. I had problems with his dang Steamroller move. That move pretty much KOed all my pokemon. Took me a lot of tries to finaly beat him.

I found the rest of them pretty easy to beat. I got me one Vanillia or what ever it's called and KOed all the pokemon in 1 to 2 hits in the dragon gym

That move is Bulldoze. Steamroller is exclusive to the Venipede line.

That "Vanilla" Pokemon is Vanillite.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That move is Bulldoze. Steamroller is exclusive to the Venipede line.

That "Vanilla" Pokemon is Vanillite.

Ah thanks. Get Steamroller and Bulldoze mixed up and I knew the name just couldn't remember how to spell. Thank you.

Also I will agree with the people who said Lenora as well. She was difficult for early in the game.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Lenora was a big problem for me since I was raising so many Pokemon at that time to see which ones I liked using so my Pokemon were a bit under leveled when I fought her and I ended up going through 6 Pokemon in order to beat her.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lenora was a big problem to me. I didn't bother training my started (which was Tepig) and and that point I was basically already defense weak. I think I went out and got a Timburr in order to deal with her, after getting pounced on by her Herdier. I don't remember battling her Watchog, so I guess that guy was much easier that her other Pokemon.

As for the second hardest... to be quite honest I don't quite know. After Lenora I basically had an easy ride with the gym leaders, and didn't have much trouble until the Elite Four.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2021
[SIZE="a"]For lenora i caught a timburr, trained until gurdurr and then traded back and forth for conkeldurr. It laughed at watchog.

Elesa was *****y. Emolga is an annoying little beast.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Lenora and Elesa are the hardest for me. Lenora's Herdier is real tough to bring down, and retaliate can be such a pain if you don't really know how to deal with it. In my experience, it seems to do less damage if you switch out before it's used. Maybe that's just because the other Pokémon I switch to tends to have more HP and higher defense, though. But goodness, they seem to make normal type gym leaders a little harder than everything else.

Elesa is hard if you don't have a ground or rock type (which I never do, because I don't like the ground and rock types available up to that point).

Years
I see Lenora dominating that poll, her Herdier's Take Down and Watchog's Retaliate/Hypnosis can cause so much trouble.

IDK why second gyms are so troublesome.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Lenora and Elesa, of course. I did have a little bit of trouble with Brycen my first time, but not compared to the other two.

Balalaika

Subverting all the clichés!  
Years
Burgh, my team's always pretty crappy at this point and his Leavanny always seems to be a huge problem, regardless of my starter. Lenora and Elesa are also a pain. Funny how I struggle with the first gym leaders and not the later ones.

Back