• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games of your Childhood?

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2015
Zelda Oracle games, played the hell out of these two. I remember replaying ages, in-order to complete the game fully, while my friend kept replaying Seasons. In my oppinion these were the two greatest Zelda games ever created.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I used to play digimon battle sprit 1 and 2 at gba.
I also use to play mario kart,mario bros from nds.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Spoiler:

The Ratchet and Clank series was basically my childhood next to Pokemon.
I played every game up to Ratchet Deadlocked . I think the funny story and zany weapons is what made the games so interesting.

Some others.
N64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Hey You Pikachu!
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2

GameCube

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Mario Kart Double Dash

PS2
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet Deadlocked
Jak and Dexter
Jak and Dexter II
Final Fantasy X
NHL 02
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero III

PC/Online

Kid Pix Studio Deluxe don't think that counts as a game
SimCity3000
Monopoly
The Sims
Where In The World/Time is Carmen Sandiago?
Runescape
Maplestory(still play it occasionally)

Gameboy/Color/Advanced
Pokemon games(Red,Yellow,Gold,Crystal, Emerald, LeafGreen, Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team)
Megaman Battle Network 5: Team Protoman
Mario Party Advanced
Game and Watch Gallery 3

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
Ah Nostalgia. I had fond memories of Playing Spyro 2. The Oddworld series were also a big part of my childhood. Rayman 2 I played but it was a bit meh. One game I wish I could get a hold of, even though I don't have a playstation though a emulator is always an option, is Legend of the Dragoon. That game was pure awesome. Crash Bandicoot, oh how I miss thee. I would give my left arm to play your games again.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
jazzjac2_790screen002.jpg

This was practically my everything before I hooked unto Pokemon, and by extent video gaming as a whole.

Now I need this game, dammit.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!

Jazz Jackrabbit, brings back so many good memories. Oh my god, I forgot about this game. I can still picture myself playing this in Prep right up to Grade 2-3. Haha, this has made my night!

Years
Aside from Pokemon, there were several games that made up my childhood when I was still in the days of regularly playing PlayStation.

Honorable mentions in my case especially go to Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Spyro, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank. I couldn't get enough of the bright colorful characters and the storyline. I still play them when I can't access my computer.

That nostalgia still gets to me when I play.

Last edited:

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Caesar III , C&C Red Alert 1, and BLOOD ;(
I still remember those beautiful days...I was like 4 or 6 years old , playing those games while not knowing a thing....Awesome feeling!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
The first pokemon game i got was emerald when i was 10 so pokemon games dont play such a big role in my childhood as the anime did.

Game:Donkey Kong Land 2
Castlevania
Tom and Jerry
Tetris
Kwirk
I would come home from school grab my GB and play till midnight.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Haha. Oh god. I've played tons of games when i was kid. All the Mario and Zelda ones as well as Donkey Kong and Kirby, not to mention Pokemon of course. But I also played Tetris, The Banjo Kazooie series and some others I can't think of at the moment XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My first actual console was the original NES, you know...the one with the square controller? That. I grew up with that. Mainly I grew up with Mario games like Super Mario Bros, Mario Bros 2, 3 as well as Tetris, Excitebike and Duck Hunt. That was my 5-6 year old self right there.

Then I moved to Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. The game I grew up with the most is Super Mario World. And to this day I still love that game and I can beat it as many times as I want without getting tired of it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Dual Hearts, Sims, Zoo Tycoon, Grand Theft Auto, Kingdom Hearts

To name a few

Years
Aside from Pokemon then, the main ones that stick out to me were the first two Sonic games on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. I don't even want to begin counting how many hours I spent on them, so much in fact that I could probably beat both of them in my sleep (well, Sonic 2 at least). The majority of the other games that we had though were sports games, since the Sega, and later the PS1 were both my dad's. I eventually gravitated towards those games as well, with the NHL and Madden games becoming some of my favorites.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
My first games were Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. Then came SNES Aladdin and a couple others I wasn't as fond of.

I mostly grew up with my N64. I got it when I was like eight and played all kinds of things on it. Like Ocarina of Time, MarioKart, Pokemon Stadium, and all of that. I got a GBC just for Pokemon a few years later and that was awesome too.

I was mostly a Nintendo kid. Have branched out a bit since then, but my heart lies with the same series I've enjoyed my whole life. Those are all Nintendo series.

Years
I was not of a gamer as a kid. I mostly played pokemon and Spyro and FF9.

For me, I remember mostly watching my friend play video games. He had every new game, consoles, gadget when it came to games. He was so cool and going to his place was like entering wonderland. I sucked (and still do) at video games so I wasn't realy allowed to the games. So I just watched. To this day I still watch him play games, and yell at him to go left when he is going right to an dead end.

I also remember watching my family play Myst and getting nightmares of the guy in the blue book.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
My childhood was pretty much Commander Keen and RollerCoaster Tycoon. I put so many hours into those games that I can't even begin to imagine. I didn't get any gaming systems until my GBC in 1999, so I was pretty much confined to PC games and going over to my friends' houses and playing.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Probably the game that I have fondest memories of as a kid is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time; awesome beat 'em up side-scroller that I played countless times though I never manage to finish. Pokemon (obviously), Disney's Magical Quest, Yoshi's Island, and Sonic 2 are some other games with which I have great memories of during my childhood.

Years
Dragon Warrior Monsters. I got it along with a spare GBC charger and a Pikachu GBC carrying case thing. Many weekends were spent playing through that game...except the cartridge didn't save, so I would always lose my progress. I didn't care, though- the game was fun and was one I didn't mind restarting multiple times, even if I never got to the end. I've since found a working cartridge, but yeah.

Others include Super Mario World, LoZ: A Link to the Past, Mega Man Legends, Final Fantasy VII, and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Sims, like every single installment for the PC and gameboy advance. It's all relatively the same, but I spent so many hours on it. x) Besides that, Pokemon, and the occasional Diddy Kong Racing, I can't say I played many video games.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Pokemon as most of you would probably say.

Aside from Pokemon, I played games such as Spryo, which I loved the Year of The Dragon version, spent countless hours on it. The Bomberman Series, especially the Fantasy Race where you ride on Rhinos and Rabbits. PES 2, where I spent countless of hours playing Master League, where I created my all-star team. Sonic R, the songs in the soundtrack are brilliant. And Snakes on my mother's nokia phone.

Back