• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

norbyotter

Victory Starling
Years
Not Gyarados.

It was a bloody Goldeen. The only wild random shiny I've encountered.

In the safari zone.

And I caught it only to get my LeafGreen stolen ;w;

My cousin got a shiny Chimeco in Mt. Pyre without knowing how hard it was to find... Now shiny, wow! x3 And he also got a shiny Zubat soon after that. His first shiny was a Numel while gathering ash but he didn't know about shinies yet, so this proves he has much better luck than me xD

Not a single wild shiny since then, not counting the red Gyarados, on real consoles or roms, ever x3

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Technically speaking, Gyarados was my first but he was a scripted catch/battle and I never felt that he was truly a shiny.

My first legitimate shiny was a Shiny Vulpix I caught in SoulSilver.

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
'twas a not stormy day when when I found a green Machoke. 'twas a very stormy day when I discovered how rare it was and why I shouldn't have deleted my game data. Ever since, I've caught a shiny Palkia, Shinx, and Zigzagoon (on VBA :/). I did see a shiny Psyduck in the safari zone, but the little #%^*+=! ran away.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My first, and so far only is Mienfoo that I caught in Black 2, while training my team to take on the Elite 4, on route 23. As they say, I "jumped up and down" with joy all over my room, couldn't believe my mind, and out of all possible good lucks - Mienfoo is one of my favorite Pokemon - my mind couldn't believe it "1st shiny, and one of my top 3 favorite Pokemon in the world"

I didn't get a chance to use her in my Black2 team. I was too attached to my team and a new Pokemon just didn't fit in. Next day I bought a copy of White 2 - transfer her.

Today, she is the leader of the White 2 team, a level 84 shiny Mienshao.
Spoiler:

Here is the proof, I took it that same day;
Spoiler:

Sadly - no more shiny encounters since Mienfoo.

Last edited:
Years
Outside the red Gyarados, the first shiny that I ever encountered was a Shiny Teddiursa on Gold. I knew what shinies were at that point thanks to that Gyarados, but I ended up one-hit KOing the Teddiursa with my weakest Pokemon, so I couldn't catch it.

The first shiny that I actually caught, though, was a shiny Shroomish in Sapphire. To be honest, I never even realized I caught one years later until I was going through all my boxes, and noticed that it had a shiny sprite. Wish I had a more exciting story than that for catching my first, but I really don't.

JordanD

Mark danced crazy
Years
Its been awhile,but I believe my first legit shiny was Nidoran in Pokemon Fire red,sadly I can't remember anything about its nature ;_;.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
A Bidoof on Diamond version ]:
After that was a Ponyta, I believe.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
My first shiny was a Zubat in Leaf Green. I had no idea what it was, but I figured the sparkly must mean something, so I caught it, then only later found out what a "shiny" was.

I've always had good luck with shinies. I don't hunt them, but I do spend a lot of time in the games, since I use a lot of different pokemon in the course of a single playthrough, so I have to grind a fair amount. So I generally run into at least one per playthrough.

Currently playing Heart Gold and I've found two so far - a Rattata on Route 32 and a Metapod in the Bug Catching Contest at National Park (and it won the contest too - I don't know if shiny counts for extra points or not).

Vanilla Twilight

❤Kitty,Kitty,Kitty! Nya~❤
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 21, 2014
My first shiny was a Wingull when I was surfing in Pokemon Emerald since i love using dive, At first I thought it was some sort of glitch so i caught it to show it off to my brother xP

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
Years
My first shiny was a Quagsire in the Pastoria Great Marsh. I did catch it. Most traumatic experience of my life. Over a pink fat salamander.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Mine was a Raticate I got in the safari zone in HG when I was trying to find a Houndour.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
My first shiny was a laughable level 2 rattata in Pokemon fire red I even beat the elite 4 with it lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My first shiny encounter was a yellow Onix in Pokémon FireRed. I found this Pokémon when I was heading to Lavender Town through the Rock Tunnel. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch this Pokémon. I didn't have any Poké Balls with me at the time. I was very upset with myself. D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
My first shiny was a little golden Swablu. I showed my best friend and she thought it was super cute, so I traded it with her. I came to regret that later. xD

Years
I was playing Pokemon Pearl, and I just used surf and surfed a small distance almost reaching land, and ran into a shiny Golduck, and this is after years of playing Pokemon. I was stoked, but all my pokemon were like lvl 70.. And I tried spamming balls but it didn't work.. So I took a chance to hurt it with my weakest move.. And I killed it.. I quickly turned off my game and tried to find it again.. But I never did.. ;(

My second experience was in Emerald, I was in a cave and found a shiny Zubat, and I was like 'Well... It is a shiny..'.

My third and last experience was recently-ish when I was playing Saphire.. And I found a shiny Electrode.. That was the most intense experience ever... I mean, any moment he could of self destructed and killed my Pokemon.. (Plus they're hard enough to find in the wild and I didn't wanna have to get him with the evolution way).

But I caught him! ^.^

Back