• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Hey guys, nice to see all the new members and new shinies around.

As for me? Not bothering with my reclaim quest right now apart from REing on fire red for hopefully another shiny ponyta, My main focus right now shiny wise is picking up a hunt I started a while ago and never really finished it, MMing on platinum for a shiny charmander, currently up to 420 eggs and I intend to hatch more just as soon as I clear out my boxes.

Good luck to everyone hunting.

Years
Well... I'm home from my vacation... And I brought home some souvenirs!

This is apparently my first time chaining... But I caught on quick... Here is my not-so-impressive chain...
Spoiler:

However... I did manage to get some stuff from it...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, two shiny Magneton! Well, the first one's got a Hardy Nature, which is why I'll be using this guy in B/W2... While my brother wanted me to give him the extra one(the Impish one, since I caught them... I get to choose the ones I want first)... Ah well, I guess I'll try chaining again when I go abroad on another vacation...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Looks like I have another chainer on my hands here :p

grats on the 2 shinys though. shame contest ended. woulda been fun. next time lets get eveb more doong it.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
After completing my Pokedex, I am back to hunting Bulbasaur. I am currently at 222 eggs. When a shiny one shows, I'm going to keep hunting Bulbasaur for one to send to my Black version. After that, I'm going for a couple of Charmander.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Congrats Miloticfan, everyone that can reach a chain of 40 is a good chainer for me, maybe in the next chaining contest you and razer will have a great race chaining.

Hope you get your bulbasaur soon Dratizard, you too with your charmander Vladimir, and you too sakura with your trapinch.

Just passing by to see how is everything going in the club, cya and happy hunting.

Edit: I've been asking myself for some time, does power items make masuda method go slower to find a shiny or decrease probabilities to find shinies?

Last edited:

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Edit: I've been asking myself for some time, does power items make masuda method go slower to find a shiny or decrease probabilities to find shinies?

I've used power items and everstones together on both of my Eevee hunts and power items don't decrease the odds as far as I know. The first one hatched in 2500 ish eggs and the second one hatched in 1300 ish eggs, so neither hunt was too long. I've seen other people use power items and get shinies in under 1000 eggs.

And thanks for the advice about counting... I think the next time I start a new SR/RE hunt I will try counting with a calculator to see if it doesn't get too boring.

Also, congrats on your Magnetons miloticfan =) Are you going to evolve one? Magnezone is a great shiny.

Years
I've used power items and everstones together on both of my Eevee hunts and power items don't decrease the odds as far as I know. The first one hatched in 2500 ish eggs and the second one hatched in 1300 ish eggs, so neither hunt was too long. I've seen other people use power items and get shinies in under 1000 eggs.

And thanks for the advice about counting... I think the next time I start a new SR/RE hunt I will try counting with a calculator to see if it doesn't get too boring.

Also, congrats on your Magnetons miloticfan =) Are you going to evolve one? Magnezone is a great shiny.
I honestly don't know... It's a hard decision since Magnezone is slower than Magneton... But that blue eye is just captivating...

... I'm at a loss on deciding what I should chain next in Platinum... I'm going abroad soon and I can't decide what I should chain while I'm gone...

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
4670 Spiritomb.
2121 Nincada/Zigzagoon/Whismur/Taillow/Skitty.

Congratulations to Razer302 for winning the SHC's first ever chaining contest!! Not only did he get the highest chain with 44, but he also go the most shinies from it with 3 Buizel!!

Razer has risen above and beyond, proving to be the one champion worthy enough of being crowned with both chaining titles!! In recognition of such an astonishing feat, he shall be rewarded with permission to declare himself "Greatest Chainer of the SHC" and display such glory in his usertitle under his name.

However, new challengers arise to challenge his title! miloticfan54 has already broken his record with an astounding chain of 47, but unfortunately it was on May 2nd and therefore does not count for the contest. The next chaining contest is going to be a close one!

But for this month, The May Monthly Quest!! To complete the Quest, one must obtain one Grass-type shiny and one Bug-type shiny to welcome spring. Yay warm weather!! :pink_love:

The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight PDT on June 4th, 2012.

Spoiler:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
The May Monthly Quest!! To complete the Quest, one must obtain one Grass-type shiny and one Bug-type shiny to welcome spring. Yay warm weather!! :pink_love:
Sounds interesting, maybe I'll try this..

The Gen V trainer card counts encounters? o_O

Congrats on all shinies everyone, especially TSE's Giratina, it took you so long xD

Just saying hi, I haven't shiny hunted in weeks to be honest, I pretty much just RNG now. I'll probably start hunting again sometime.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I finally won something!!!!!! I was always good at chaining though. Back onto the spiritomb hunt now though ubtil the next contest where I will be going for eevee in contest garden.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Ugh, warm weather. I prefer the cold.
So about the contest. Do the shinies have to be caught from here on or do the ones we already have count? I already have a shiny Tangela in Crystal.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Grass/bug type contest? I guess I'll have to step up my Snivy hunt... and maybe this will motivate me to start that Larvesta MM I've been dreaming of for awhile?

Also, thanks for the advice G-Money, I assume you store the # of RE's as "s" or something on the calculator?

I do have a much easier way of counting eggs though... since I store 360 at a time every time I know I've hatched 360 when I've cleared my PC. If something shines, I can just count how many eggs I've hatched since I always start in/use the same boxes to store eggs =)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The Gen V trainer card counts encounters? o_O

Yes! On the back, it tells you how many Pokemon you've encountered.

Do the shinies have to be caught from here on or do the ones we already have count? I already have a shiny Tangela in Crystal.

The contest counts shinies caught during the month of May (2012!), so ones you already have don't count. Shinies caught in Crystal wouldn't count either - it's only from Advanced Gen onwards.

So, the moral of the story is...go out and catch some more shinies!!! ;)

Also, thanks for the advice G-Money, I assume you store the # of RE's as "s" or something on the calculator?

I actually keep the number of REs in a separate Notepad file. I'm sure you could do it with Microsoft Word or Excel if you wanted to, too; I just keep a running list of all my hunts, and just update them before I turn off the calculator. And then I copy/paste the updated ones to my posts here! :)

Years
Hey guys... I sorta got bored so I decided to do something 3 days before my departure...

Spoiler:

Yeah... My third attempt at chaining... And I managed to get it to 38 at first... But my game crashed when my dad accidentally put it in the bag... Frustrated, I stayed up 'till 12:19 am... My chain STILL refusing to go above 28... But that was when it happened...
Spoiler:

I had to restrain myself as everyone was sleeping... But after seeing that patch of grass glow at such a low chain of 15, I couldn't tell if I was lucky or just getting dizzy of lack of sleep... Of course, I always leave my camera beside my bed in case of emergencies so here it is! My third chained shiny... Although it didn't go above 40.... Ah well, careful nature... A shiny is a shiny... I am so bringing this to BW2...

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Congrats on the Larvitar, miloticfan.

My Bulbasaur hunt has reached 300... I think. I just count it and memorize the number. I must say, this is lucky for the May quest, I'm already hunting a Grass type. This appears to be a bit unlucky, though, because it appears that I have to save the Charmander hunt for later. Shiny Caterpie looks pretty awesome, though, and I was going for that after Charmander.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Man only 26 more days till I'm free to post whenever. Anyway the only hunt that changed since last time is
Ho-oh - 6707 SR
I really want that one to shine =/
Congrats to TSE for shiny Giratina and to Miloticfan for Larvitar.

Years
As many a famous person has quoted me in my lifetime....

WHOOPS!

Haven't posted in forever. ):

Spoiler:

SUMMER?!
O:
Thank you xD

Also, the whole calculator business...
Personally I set up my four calculators on the computer all next to eachother, since I hunt while watching youtube and stuff. I enter my previous number of SRs + 1, and keep hitting = for every new SR. When I'm done for the day, I put my new total into my shiny hunting notepad. My Ho-oh hunt looks kind of like this:

Shiny Ho-oh SRs:

200 // 600 // etc etc etc XP

My own hunts...

Nothin's changed since I last updated.
I know.
Skyrim caught me up ):
But I did manage to play through the Sevii Islands quests on LeafGreen and trade some Masterballs over, so I've done a huge number (2) Zapdos SRs now! Yay for new hunts! :D

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Latios Master, I challenge you to a Litwick race. What do you say? You win and you get your long-awaited Litwick. I win and my shiny count increases by a large percentage.

Bulbasaur progress: 350 eggs
Litwick progress: Searching for Japanese Ditto

Years
Whoo... A few minutes left till my dreaded flight... Maybe I'll use this trip as an opportunity to hunt for shiny Larvesta. On a side note... Does hunting Paras count as two? As it is a Grass and Bug type...

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm sorry to hear about Flaaffy, NeonTsuba. I wish you luck on your hunts.

Congrats on the shiny Magneton and Larvitar, miloticfan54!

Latios Master, I challenge you to a Litwick race. What do you say? You win and you get your long-awaited Litwick. I win and my shiny count increases by a large percentage.

Bulbasaur progress: 350 eggs
Litwick progress: Searching for Japanese Ditto

I accept your challenge. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Whoo... A few minutes left till my dreaded flight... Maybe I'll use this trip as an opportunity to hunt for shiny Larvesta. On a side note... Does hunting Paras count as two? As it is a Grass and Bug type...

I think it has to be two Pokémon. Paras would count as one for either category.

I will hatch Cacnea and Yanma for the monthly hunt. I'll switch back to MMing for the month.

This week's random hunt is... Purrloin!

Back