• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
I did a little research into the overworld sprites and I discovered that when you talk to one it doesnt show its side or back sprite

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Goldenrod looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when playing it :)
Do you expect to release a new beta (somewhere) next week, zel? I've got a week off from school next week so I could test it :)

Unfortunately, till I dont reach my second goal, I wont release a beta (and I'm pretty determinated about that aspect). But expect to see it next month!

I did a little research into the overworld sprites and I discovered that when you talk to one it doesnt show its side or back sprite

Huh? Are you refering to the original Gold, right?. But this is advanced, man. I'll put its back and sides as well. (Anyway, I've sprited the Miltank's side myself, and I've edited yours front to make the back. That's finished)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Unfortunately, till I dont reach my second goal, I wont release a beta (and I'm pretty determinated about that aspect). But expect to see it next month!

Huh? Are you refering to the original Gold, right?. But this is advanced, man. I'll put its back and sides as well. (Anyway, I've sprited the Miltank's side myself, and I've edited yours front to make the back. That's finished)

Nope I am referring to FR/LG

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Okay then :) (Just don't forget to backup it regulary ;))

zak

xpert trainer
Years
ooo nice

Nice Remake zel , 1 question , did u make the overworld of farfetched? or was it already there? i ask because i realy need someone good at overworld editing to help me for my hack , poekemon london , anyways Good luk wiv the hack,

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
There, updated my first post. Probably I'll remove most of the old screenshots (since the beta's already out). But not right now (I'm just caring about people with 56k connection)

martijn: There's no need to panic, I've learned to backup quite often (You never knew, but I had like three times one of those serious crashes in my hacking before I even posted the thread. So right now, I'm extremely careful). Let's hope all goes well, anyway.

zak: I havent done anything with Farfetch'd (its not even a Farfetch'd, its a Fearow ;)). I'm not a good spriter, as you'll see as soon as I post my Miltank side sprite (well, not that is that bad). So, good luck finding one!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Hate to tell you this man, really hate to tell you this... but i've noticed a few mistakes that a noob to mapping would notice...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Hate to tell you this man, really hate to tell you this... but i've noticed a few mistakes that a noob to mapping would notice...
Y'know he isn't focused on the graphics all that much, he's more foccused on the actual gameplay, the scripting, which he really excels at and is really prominent at doing.

I don't think anyone else who played this game actually cares enough to call him a noob. It's a great hack none the less, and you should appreciate what he's doing.

Anywho, he said he's touched up the maps anyway.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Dont like the word "noob" (not too sure about how you use it, guys, but I didnt feel it good), so thats all I'm going to comment. Besides, [ray.z] already said what I had to say. Just remember to read my first post (I suggest the section that's called "Introduction")

OK, back on track. More screenshots!

image20op0.png
image21sc4.png
image22wx1.png
image23aj3.png
image24wu9.png
image25zh9.png

There's still plenty Goldenrod screenshots. And, oops! It seems like I spoiled a bit, you know where, right? ;)

And, sena82, I had the badges in already, but thanks!

And... since this thread's getting heavier, I think I may add a new section into my first post: FAQs, where I'll put your frequent questions, which will help me to not keep repeating answers (I'm feeling creative, right now). Is it ok?

Well, that's all. Back to study, see ya!

[EDIT]: Hey, I just remembered something!, I see many people saying "I support Shiny Gold" (thanks!). If you guys want to have a banner (I'm not a fan of banners myself), someone good at it could make one?. I'd like a small banner, not too simple. I dont know how to handle banners, though (since... well, I already said it). That's really all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Dont like the word "noob" (not too sure about how you use it, guys, but I didnt feel it good), so thats all I'm going to comment. Besides, [ray.z] already said what I had to say. Just remember to read my first post (I suggest the section that's called "Introduction")

OK, back on track. More screenshots!

image20op0.png
image21sc4.png
image22wx1.png
image23aj3.png
image24wu9.png
image25zh9.png

There's still plenty Goldenrod screenshots. And, oops! It seems like I spoiled a bit, you know where, right? ;)

And, sena82, I had the badges in already, but thanks!

And... since this thread's getting heavier, I think I may add a new section into my first post: FAQs, where I'll put your frequent questions, which will help me to not keep repeating answers (I'm feeling creative, right now). Is it ok?

Well, that's all. Back to study, see ya!

nice screens,

and zel after the game is scripted are you gonna update the houses and maps and maybe import some GSC music.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Wow zel, this keeps on getting better and better, I cannot wait till the next beta!

Specially since now we can now buy Lavitar from the Game Corner >.<

And I am in awe as to how you scripted the Hair dresser's.

And go for the FAQ, it'll do wonder's in clearing up your thread ... if people actually read it :P

Anywho, good luck with studying!

BTW, you're right zel, he did use the term "noob" wrong.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Cool screens! A question: did you already implement the Johto Town Map to replace the Sevii Islands one?
Also, when you fish in beta 1 inside Slowpoke Well, you get a Missingno 'on the hook' instead of Magikarp, Poliwag or another fish specie. Did/Could you fix that in beta 2?

Edit: I could try to make a banner for you, maybe you could give some preffered sizes (aproximations that is)?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
sena82: Yes, they'll be improved once the game's finished (This I answered a few times already, so would go to FAQ)

martijn: Maybe I forgot to put pokemon? :P. I think the new beta has them (Now it must have, since later you win the Good Rod, and I had to update the Well as well... ...:P)

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
That clears things up :) .... ... (stupid min. char thing)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Maybe you should go to the Graphics & Photography section and request a banner to be made there.

I personally suggest that you use Loveless Graphics </3.

Cause I think that you could get some Manga panels that have Gold and Ho-oh in them, or maybe you could use some Sugimori or official art of them two in the banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back