• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Ive got a problem with my 7th badge, I need to find the gym leader in a ice cave.. but when I walk to the ice cave a boy is telling me, Hey you can only go further down this path if you have STRONG pokemon! ... :O

Thats a new one. Most of the unexplained problems can be resolved by missed flags, try backtracking and talking to every person.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Thats a new one. Most of the unexplained problems can be resolved by missed flags, try backtracking and talking to every person.
No it's not, he's talking about the route leading to the eighth badge.

Ive got a problem with my 7th badge, I need to find the gym leader in a ice cave.. but when I walk to the ice cave a boy is telling me, Hey you can only go further down this path if you have STRONG pokemon! ... :O
You must go to the cave where you went to get to snowce city the leaders in the very begining of the cave.

leews24

ha
Years
Considering I'm new to this thread there is no way I could know, is there?
So cut the crap, you guys keep saying we're repetitive and keep asking the same questions, but truth is, I google my questions and search for everyword related posts when I want something and most I ask haven't been asweared so far.

Besides, this is my opinion, if others opinions are the same it's not my fault. Not to mention I said the hack was great, so time for you to be a little nicer don't ya think?

Also, I know this has been asked before more than once (yes, cause I searched) but in the end I couldn't see anyone giving an answear. I tried youtube walkthroughs but they're old-dated and are from previous versions.

So, where can I find or catch a Gible?

Dude, whoa, no offense if I did
No means am I one of those douchebags

But from someone who was readin this thread long before other ppl,
it gets pretty annoying, b/c weve seen that like ten million time, and it looks all the same.
Anw no offense.

If I hadnt mentioned the gible issue before, Im pretty sure he isn't in Zhery( Smallbirdie's walkthrough), probably not in Lauren either( just a feeling,), nobody gives it(I ve talked to Everyone on my first playthrough, besides the PCs and Marts.)
Possibilities are, you could it find later, after beating the world champ(like metang in ruby)
or it could be given out at a PC center or a Mart.
Pretty sure it wont pop out of the wild.

Or it could be another glitch, since Pokedex tells us its in West of Draginbreath

Same with Bagon. Ithink.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
No it's not, he's talking about the route leading to the eighth badge.

You must go to the cave where you went to get to snowce city the leaders in the very begining of the cave.

Oh! He was going in the wrong direction, I thought it wasn't letting him in the cave in the first place.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Dude, whoa, no offense if I did
No means am I one of those douchebags

But from someone who was readin this thread long before other ppl,
it gets pretty annoying, b/c weve seen that like ten million time, and it looks all the same.
Anw no offense.

If I hadnt mentioned the gible issue before, Im pretty sure he isn't in Zhery( Smallbirdie's walkthrough), probably not in Lauren either( just a feeling,), nobody gives it(I ve talked to Everyone on my first playthrough, besides the PCs and Marts.)
Possibilities are, you could it find later, after beating the world champ(like metang in ruby)
or it could be given out at a PC center or a Mart.
Pretty sure it wont pop out of the wild.

Or it could be another glitch, since Pokedex tells us its in West of Draginbreath

Same with Bagon. Ithink.

Sigh. I raged a little on you too, sorry for that
It's just that I keep seeing you guys saying that we always ask the same and to use search and stuff, but I usually can't find what I ask :x

Sorry about that =)

Like the thing I asked above, I tried searching for macho brace related posts and there were none
But thanks for taking my situation into account! ;D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
For Bagon, Gible, etc. they are in Mt. Draken but at the same time they aren't.
Puzzling, isn't it? .)
Well not quite =) It's like this: They are there if you check location with A-Map but... behavior bytes are set in wrong way so it makes that location like house or something in other words location where wild pokemon cannot be encountered =)

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
I have a question where can i get Sroomish ? its really rare in the forest to find ...

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2011
So. Congratulations to the creator and the translator. Been waiting this for months.
Now. I downloaded the ips right, then i put the same name of the rom in the ips file, so, perfect so far. Ran it and white screen.. ( save type 128k done, tried 64k too). Didnt work. Tried the ips patcher.. same. white screen...

What can I do know? is there a downloadable patched version I can get?

Thanks in advance :)

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
So I beat the last Gym in Lauren, where's the E4?

head back up north from drakebreath city past the team steam base, and there is a waterfall and victory road is just up the waterfall :D

I have a question where can i get Sroomish ? its really rare in the forest to find ...

They are in inhore woods(Might be one somewhere else but that's all i can remember) not all that hard to find.

So. Congratulations to the creator and the translator. Been waiting this for months.
Now. I downloaded the ips right, then i put the same name of the rom in the ips file, so, perfect so far. Ran it and white screen.. ( save type 128k done, tried 64k too). Didnt work. Tried the ips patcher.. same. white screen...

Wesley's website is in the first post and it has a working ROM Download.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
I have some questions ^^ where can i find the EXP share ?
Where did the name rater live ?
and which moveset has Honchkrow in this game ?

Last edited:

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I have some questions ^^ where can i find the EXP share ?
Where did the name rater live ?
and which moveset has Honchkrow in this game ?

I have found 2 expshares so far, I can't remember where tho >.>'

I also remember seeing the name rater, but once again, where is not easy

Tho I think it might be in dragons city, not 100pct sure

About Honchkrow, well idk his moveset cause I never trained him

But I wouldn't recommend it either, he isn't so strong

I do recommend Archeops. Omg he's just insane, at level 44 I owned a level 65 Arcanine, level 65 typhlosion, lvl 65 meganium, lvl 65 feraligatr and a lvl 63 Hypno

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
There are 3 people doing a walkthtough. Me(link down below) and Smallbirdie, and Tyranee. The two people's walkthrough links are at my site too(ext links)

This definitely sounds like advertising. Agghhhhhhh

Thanks dude! Was getting stuck for a while there.

Years

you have to use pokemon ruby 1.0 google that and you should see a mediafire link download that unzip and patch then you should be okay

Years
i found major glitch when you catch celebi in darkdusk woods you can't go anywhere the entrance is blocked by some trees, any ideas for what can i do?

Back