• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Loser of Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Gotta be patrat and watchog for me. They were so annoying, with hypnosis and confuse ray. Their stats, appearance, and overall usefulness don't help them at all.
I hate the Patrat line for the exact same reasons.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Tanks. Particularly scraggy and scafty. I hate their designs, and typing. How are they dark type? They don't even look like thugs! And they're annoying with moxie. Oh and saying that gamefreak is running out of ideas is kinda unnecessary. We had: ALSO, the names of klink and its evos aren't even names! They're the tunes of the lavender town song! Now lavender town will be a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
...I love the Patrat line. ;A;

But anywho, I really dislike Victini, Samurott, Pan/Simi-pour, Tranquil/Unfezant, Leavanny, Basculin, Maractus, Darmanitan, Minccino, Cinncino, Solosis and his line, and Galvantula.

...I dislike a lot of them. .n.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My most hated Pokemon of Unova are the Patrat line, Herdier, the Pansear line, the Panpour line, Tranquill, Unfezant, Garbodor, Basculin, and Emolga.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
the only pokemon I got a problem With is Genesect... Hate Genesect..I love the rest Im not a genwunner

tnfsf11

My absolute hatred is for Klink & its evolutions, the idea isn't that bad considering that I like Magnemite, it could have been drawn better but it wasn't, unfortunately -_-
And Unfezant is kinda... repetetive. They could have made a better regional bird tbh.
Also Boldore, but I appreciate that they gave it a good color scheme. :)
I actually like Trubbish & Vanillite :P they could use some colors though...
all of them, as long as they are not kanto's
Are you even serious? :|

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
oh my god Garboddor is the ugliest PKMN ever, so here's the loser of Unova. And he wasnt so good imo.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
Loser of Unova would have to be Emboar.

I... I really want to like him, I really do.

But the fact that he looks so much like Ganon, and yet he's not a Fire/Dark type, just... :(

I also utterly despise Whimsicott, though that's for more Meta reasons. I do like using him, and his design, but... uh.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I have been a fan of Pokemon almost my whole life. Ever since generation 1, hordes of Pokemon have had their turn in passing in front of me, having themselves assessed in terms of usability and design. Some passed through without a hitch, like Crobat, Metagross, Miltank, and Snorlax. Others passed barely. Unown and Lumineon to name a few. Nonetheless, they all passed. However, come the advent of generation V, I am sad to say I stopped one species in passing. It did not lived up to my standards and therefore it would never secure a spot in any of my team. Sure, its pre-evolution was good. It's design was simple and yet it's quite charming. Its older brother was just pure ugly.

Garbodor is a Pokemon I can never learn to accept. T.T

The Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Years
Garbodor is extremely ugly, and I don't really understand Druddigon. I mean, what's his point? He's just a random lackluster Dragon. I like his design, too, so it bothers me that he is so nondescript.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I hate/like(when I'm using one) the axew line, not because in design but when I'm battling one, they're a pain, same with Druddigon. Oh, and eelektross is annoying with levitate and made me want to chuck my DS across a wall. Basically, I hate tanks unless I'm using one.

The white treehollow was annoying because almost all the pokemon were carrying berries so my SE attacks couldn't do too much. And the veterans in Drayden's gym were annoying. I wish you could just push them off!

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Druddigon is probably the most annoying Pokemon ever. It makes me want to scream my head off whenever I see it! It is so ugly! And Eelektross is pretty annoying too, as you said, but one cannot REALLY add it onto the list by its design, but more on its unwillingness to DIE ALREADY!!! xD

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Druddigon is probably the most annoying Pokemon ever. It makes me want to scream my head off whenever I see it! It is so ugly! And Eelektross is pretty annoying too, as you said, but one cannot REALLY add it onto the list by its design, but more on its unwillingness to DIE ALREADY!!! xD
If you want Eelektross to die already, you should carry a Pokemon with Mold Breaker and Dig/Earthquake/Bulldoze in your team. I particularly recommend Haxorus or Pinsir.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
For me, I really am not a fan of Patrat/Watchog. I love Lillipup and Herdier, but I don't think that Stoutland was necessary, so I'm not a big fan of it.
I don't like the elemental monkeys, but I'm not a fan of monkeys in general.
I wasn't too thrilled with Pidove and it's evolutions.
Not a big fan of Darumaka/Darmanitan either.
I could have done without Garbodor, but it's not the worst Pokemon ever created.

Other than that I really loved most of the Gen V Pokemon.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
all of them, as long as they are not kanto's
hmm but I do like the legendary one's zekrom and rashiram and that big guy emm I forgot his name, the one that is found in giant something

Says the one with a 5th gen trainer as their avvie.:P

I don't like the genies, unless their in their therian(?) formes. They're the same but with different tails and colors. Oh and the other one you're thinking of is kyurem.

Nakala Pri

The Fifth Generation Pokemon weren't so bad, but Game Freak didn't pour their love into it, like they did with Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. I am heartily disappointed, but X/Y does look promising, which will hopefully bring back the magic! ^^

Red99

World Champion
Years
Considering every generation has had it's share of "useless" or "ugly" Pokemon, I'd say the only truly badly designed Pokemon in the Unova were Tepig, Pignite, Emboar and maybe Druddigon, just because they could have been awesome, but don't look quite so.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
The Fifth Generation Pokemon weren't so bad, but Game Freak didn't pour their love into it, like they did with Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. I am heartily disappointed, but X/Y does look promising, which will hopefully bring back the magic! ^^

Yeah, and the new type combinations look awesome. Sure psychic/dark is x4 weak to bug, but most bug moves aren't that great. MAKE ELECTRIC/PSYCHIC, AND GHOST/PSYCHIC. And the pokemon(so far) don't make me want to vomit. Except maybe mewtwo's new form. 5th gen had a lot of cool, unique combinations too.

That would be the awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back