• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What system will you play B2/W2 on?

What system will you play Black2 and White 2 on?

• DS Phat (original)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • DSi

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • DSi XL

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 3DS

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 3DS XL

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Years
My 3DS. My old original DS has been damaged so much that it's pretty much only good for transfering Pokemon from one game to another >_>

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I have a DSi and a 3DS, and believe it or not I'm sticking with my baby blue DSi. The past games just look like crap on the 3DS because of the different screen scaling, and I assume this will be no different

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
I'll be playing it on my good old DS Lite, been with me for a few years now.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
3DS for sure, for a few reasons. Firstly I want the Therian forms, second my top screen on my DS Lite is screwed up, lastly I do my Challenges mainly on the DS so it will probably be occupied anyways. I will probably be using both for dex completion purposes though since this is the games I aim to catch em all.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Wait, I didn't think the new B / W2 were compatible with the DSI's?? I already have a DSI and a DSIxl but for these game I went and bought a 3ds for them even though I still have me regular DS!!

Years
I'll be using my good old DS Lite, that's stuck with me for a good 5 years. I can't be bothered to buy a new DS and why would I, honestly mine works perfectly already xD.
And I'm not really the person to buy a new game system for one game tbh xD.
Couldn't agree more! :) i'm going to stick with my DS lite aswell

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'll play on whichever is charged, lol. I prefer my DS for DS games though because they look blurry on my 3DS.
That's because the 3DS scales them up to fit the fullest dimensions of its screens' resolutions possible.
Hold select while a DS game is being started in a 3DS and it'll display at its normal resolution, although this will appear smaller than on a normal DS due to the pixels being smaller.

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
I'm gonna be playing Black2 and White2 on my Aqua Blue 3DS c: I don't have a good working DS system, and never had a DSi. Yup, skipped from the Cobalt Blue DS Lite to the Aqua Blue 3DS :J Besides, I like the Pokedex 3D Pro as well as getting the Dream Radar for the Therian formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. And anyway, I don't have the Cobalt Blue DS Lite anymore because I traded it in for points on my game card to PREORDER Black2 and get KH3D. So it's either play it on a working 3DS or a White, old DS Lite that has a messed up Touch screen.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I would probably use my DS Lite if the hinge wasn't broken, just because it's got such better resolution than the 3DS XL, which is like, lol...

I guess I can always play the game in the standard format on 3DS XL, even though it's like 1/3 of the screen.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I'm not sure that I'm going to get Black 2 and White 2 when they come out cos I'm not a person that buys games as soon as they come out. But when I do get it I'll be playing on my DS Lite.

Years
I made a huge leap from the DS to the 3DS as I never really felt the necessity to buy all the improved DSs, the DS was more than good enough for me and I played with it for good 5 years until my little cousin made a little crack in it, I can still play with it but it's no longer as comfortable. I'm going to play Pokemon W2 with my 3DS mainly for the better screen and all
My DS will still be very handy for trading the items/pokes that I might need

Years
I've got my Gold Zelda edition DS Lite that I'll be playing it on. And that's what I hope to keep using, until there's no choice but upgrading to the new system to play the new games.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Wait, I didn't think the new B / W2 were compatible with the DSI's?? I already have a DSI and a DSIxl but for these game I went and bought a 3ds for them even though I still have me regular DS!!

Ok my question has not been answered yet or looked at??
They are for the DS and so they're compatible on the DSi. They just have extra features on them that require you to play on a 3DS. Such as in order to get the Kami trio's (Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus) new Therian Formes, you need a 3DS cause they're only available in Pokemon Dream Radar, an app you need to download.

Hope that helps. Sorry if that went unanswered.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^ That is the answer to your question ~RNC~ :)

Back