• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The "CHAMPION" trainer class has some things attached to it so it makes anything with that class, nomatter what name it may have, have its name reverted to the rival's name. So, for instance, if you changed Young Trainer Joey to Champion Joey, when you battle him his name would be "Champion [Insert the name of your rival here]". The easiest way to remedy the situation is to override another trainer class with the name "Champion" (Like, take out an unused class like Aroma Lady in Fire Red/Leaf Green since that class was only used in Ruby/Sapphire) and use that new, overridden one instead of the old, actual Champion class.[/QUOTE

is there a way to make the champion battle theme play in a non-champion battle?

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
I regret getting a ROM. I'm paranoid that it will be tracked, and it's my dad's internet so I'm really worried.
My brother wants to keep them though, but I am really really worried. What will happen? Can someone who uses a shared family PC please give me some advice? Thanks. EDIT:My dad is a doctor, so do they track people like him?

Last edited:

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I regret getting a ROM. I'm paranoid that it will be tracked, and it's my dad's internet so I'm really worried.
My brother wants to keep them though, but I am really really worried. What will happen? Can someone who uses a shared family PC please give me some advice? Thanks. EDIT:My dad is a doctor, so do they track people like him?

Chill! You won't get "tracked". Nintendo doesn't even care that you're using ROMs. They stated it themselves. As long as you don't make any money off of your fan game, they don't care.

Nintendo has better things to do than to track people who download ROMs.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Hi this is for Fire Red, when you get certain gym badges it enables the use of certain HM's. Is there a script controlling this? As i am removing FLASH and instead want to enable the use of ROCK SMASH with a gym badge. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Help! I tried playing my rom hack of FireRed and whenever I leave the starting house the game resets to the title screen! Does anyone know why this happens?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2019
Alright. Kinda frustrated here. I am attempting to hack Pokemon Gold. I am using JohtoMap, PKSV, and Translhextion. I am attempting to do things through hex editing, not scripting. Here's my question: Why is it that I can edit pre-placed events text and functions for the most part, but whenever I try to edit in another event of my own, the game just melts down? For example:

Selected: 3
Picture: 1
Face/Type: 3
Movement: 10
Time Type: FF
Time Value: FF
Sight Range: 0
Palette: 0
Type: 0
Script: 65A0
Flag Index: FF
Flag Bit: FF

This is the info that JohtoMap shows for my person that I added to New Bark Town that I want to say "Hi." Next is a my hex editing that I did to make this happen. On the start of offset x1225A0:

51 A4 65 00 87 A8 E8 57 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

That is all that I've edited. That is starting at the beginning of offset x1225A0, and finishes halfway through. All i want him to do is turn to you and say "Hi." And then let the game resume. This is what his script looks like in PKSV:

#org 0x1225A0
'--------------------------------------------
jumptextfaceplayer 0x65A4 ' 0x1225A4

#org 0x1225A4
#raw 0x87
#raw 0xA8
#raw 0xE8
#raw 0x57
= \h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00\h00

It repeats the \h00 part over and over forever. I don't understand. Whenever I try to do anything text related, the infinite \hoo comes up, along with the #raw. I just have no idea what to do. I've tried tutorials, but I guess I'm just inept. Any help please? Thanks in advance.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
Hi everyone. I'm having issues moving a very important event in Pokemon Ruby to route 103. Its the event where you save the business man from the first Team Magma grunt you see in the game. When I moved the event like I did with other events, I stepped on the script tile, he spoke as did the grunt, however, neither of them moved even after the script had ended. I however could move (not during the time they were talking of course)

I'm unsure if I can just erase this event all together because that could cause a chain reaction so it won't trigger the event which takes place in Rustboro City where you have to save him again and then (if I recall correctly) he takes you to the Devon HQ and that's where you have to get the Devons goods to give to Steven. I need to know how to move these events properly because the way I set up my map, you go from Oldale town straight to route 103 to route 110 because I blocked off route 102. I intended Slateport to be the first city with a gym. I'm sure by now you can see my dilemma.

Also, another problem I've been having is with Petalburg forest which I intended to be moved to route 110. I moved the warps like any other warp where they should be, however, when I tested the warps, 1 warp in the entrance sent me to the first warp of the exit inside the forest but when I left the forest through the same warp, I was at the exit, but when I went back in through that warp, I was in the entrance part of the forest, and then back to the entrance from r110.

>____<+

Does Petalburg forest just hate me or something? Or is there just some random Hex code or whatever in it that I don't know about?

Thank you guys.

EDIT: If it matters at all, I'm using AdvanceMap 1.90 I would imagine this is the latest version, am I correct? I got it off Whack a Hack and I dunno if that site updates. :p

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
When and where did Nintendo state that they dont care if you hack? My PC is screwing up but no antivirus programs are saying anything...Because if we have to take the PC for repair or tradh it, they'll find the ROMs...I want to delete them but my brother doesnt and we share a user.Arghh

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
When and where did Nintendo state that they dont care if you hack? My PC is screwing up but no antivirus programs are saying anything...Because if we have to take the PC for repair or tradh it, they'll find the ROMs...I want to delete them but my brother doesnt and we share a user.Arghh

Just chill out! Don't worry about it!

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Thanks for all the answers to the Ralts catching script, even thoughI still haven't found a way to change the Pokémon without screwing it up.
Is it possible to make double battles with two unrelated trainers like in Emerald in Fire Red? I mean the type of double battle in which you can either talk to one of the trainers and battle him/her in a single battle or walk inbetween of them and they both approach you.

Years
I have two questions.
1. Would this be the place to request sprites?
If not then, 2. Where would that be?
If so then, 2. Could someone make me a set of Haruhi Suzumiya overworld sprites?
Sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this, but it's the only place I can think of.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I have two questions.
1. Would this be the place to request sprites?
If not then, 2. Where would that be?
If so then, 2. Could someone make me a set of Haruhi Suzumiya overworld sprites?
Sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this, but it's the only place I can think of.

I believe the best place to request sprites would be in Game Development's Tutorials & Resources, there is a Requests thread there.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
Is it possible to insert new maps into the Pokemon Gold Rom? Or can I only edit existing ones?

Google has not been very helpful here.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Is it possible to insert new maps into the Pokemon Gold Rom? Or can I only edit existing ones?

Google has not been very helpful here.
It is possible but you can't do anything about the amount of maps (yet). Join Skeetendo forums and start reading through all the tutorials we've got there, maybe one day you can actually accomplish adding more maps into the rom (this does require quite a lot of elementary knowledge and is not one of the easiest things to do but no way impossible to do either).

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
When I try and load my Emerald ROM in A-Trainer, I get an error message saying "Subscript is out of range - DrawTile8@ModLZ77", and then I can't proceed any farther? This is the first time that this has happened when I've used it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It isn't just my modified ROM, a clean one gets the same message.

Also, the Bug.txt file gets this printed out into it: "20121016|224113|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4" if that helps identify the problem.

This is kinda a big deal, so if someone could help me fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

Any chance I could get this answered?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
is there a palette offset for bug-type TM in generation III, despite the fact that the generation had no bug-type TMs?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Help! I tried playing my hack of FireRed and whenever I leave the starting house the game resets to the title screen! Does anyone know why this happens?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Help! I tried playing my hack of FireRed and whenever I leave the starting house the game resets to the title screen! Does anyone know why this happens?

I've had this happen in other areas of my Ruby hack. I found that most times, a map script had been corrupted on the map you were trying to access and the game auto resets. Check all the map scripts for pallette town and compare them to a clean rom. You will probobly find your answer there.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back