• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

Years
As far as I know, there aren't any clear shots of the female yet, but we have like..this.
tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo3_1280.png

tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo6_1280.png

I'm definitely playing as her, I don't know about you. I love the design this time around.

The male, though, looks kind of like BW's protagonist.

tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo5_1280.png

img_thumbnail_1.png

What do you think? Who are you going to play as? Love or hate the new designs?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
The male Protagonist looks very similar to Hilbert from Black & White so I might go with the female protagonist.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I agree @ Hilbert point. Not really a fan of the female tbh, I think I prefer the male lmao. But I'll certainly get used to the female by the time the games are out from the screenshots. She just looks... so formal! Formal is okay but still the previous girls in previous games weren't as formal. :(

Years
The male protagonist looks way too much like Hilbert tbh.

But the female protagonist's design was a shocker, she looks nothing like the past girls! Maybe I might finally start choosing the boy in this game and genderbend my character for the first time lol

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
OwO
At last a Female Protagonist that doesn't show off too much.Her overall design too detract from many of her predecessor, which is a good thing. Love that curly hair.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Pokemon X and Y? Strange name...but who cares? OK, I'm going to play as the male, well because I'm a boy. :P But he looks like Hilbert, everyone's right. Well what if my cousin downloads the game and on his R4? I can be both of them. :D

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Like usual, the female character looks IMO better and more interesting than the guy. I'll probably play the first game I buy with the female protagonist and then the second one with the female.

Can't wait for more pictures of them.

Years
I think they could look a bit better. They seem a bit.. plain looking, compared to the past guys. That's just going from the overworlds though. Detailed as they have become, I'm sure their character art will probably show a lot more.

They seem to be wearing sunglasses, which is.. new. Maybe they'll work as Go-Goggles at some point or something :P

I wish the male's clothes were at least different colours- that's my main problem. Exactly the same colours as the male protagonists in Black/White AND Black 2/White 2! Which is.. no! :P

Still, looking forward to seeing more about them :D

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Definitely would choose the girl, she looks cute. If they would have just used a different colour scheme for the male he wouldn't have looked so much like Hilbert, but whatever.

Last edited:
Years
That girl has so much swag what the hell! The guy seems so generic in comparison. But I've always stuck with the male character and I don't think that will change.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If I had a choice between the two, I'd choose the girl. The male protagonist looks too much like Hilbert. On the opposite end however, I also feel the girl protagonist resembles Pokemon Trainer Leaf. Not much of a fan of the protagonists this time round unfortunately.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
At first glance I actually thought the male was the Gen V protagonist! :/ Way to be original, Game Freak. The female's design does look amazing from those screenies though, she reminds me a bit of the ranger trainer class.

We got several good looks of the male protagonist I want to see the female better!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm sticking as the boy as usual cause well, I'm a boy, it's not about design for me, I don't care if the design is silly, I'm playing as the character that's the same gender as me, I do like his design though, just like the Unova protags, it's practical, he'd also look boss with those shades on.

Back