• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majesticz

» keepin' it simple
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
i want to hav all pokemon from all generation in my hack bt i dont know how to do it....does anybody knows how to do it.....plz help me
You'll need ASM to realize a huge feature like this. Also, I recommend you to take a look at Jambo51's FireRed 649 patch.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
2. Yes, IPS is only able to patch two files of the same filesize. Either you can expand a clean ROM and create an IPS off of that

This is wrong. IPS can only support a maximum filesize of 16 megabytes because the address reference is only 3 bytes long.

For an expanded ROM you have to use UPS/APS.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
Ok good...last question about this: my rom have many and many script; i've noticed that once every houndred a script generated with a dynamic offset go to override an existing script...so the FSF is very good, but not perfect. Using Wichu's editor what are the chance that an override happen? And i need to save rom every single pokemon change or i can modifiy in a row 10/20 pokemon and than replace in only one time?

Thanks another time :)

Majesticz

» keepin' it simple
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
As long as there is enough free space (FF) it will most likely just overwrite these. The tool itself works fine, you can modify 50 or something in a row without any problems.

Last edited:

KosmoF

Diehard Pokemon Fanatic
Years
First off, I'd to thank all those who created the various hacking tutorials for Fire Red:) However, there are a couple of things I can't seem to find, both I really need for my hack... the Pokemon in Oak's tutorial, and determining the rival's party.

1. My hack is based around the EEVEELUTION and I was wondering if someone knew how to change the NIDORAN Female, including her cry, to EEVEE.

2. I've added a new rival and I wanted her starter Pokemon to match the one not chosen at Oak's lab. For example, in my test file, I chose FLAREON and my rival has VAPOREON; therefore Samantha should start with Jolteon, but if I had chosen Jolteon myself she's supposed to start with VAPOREON etc.

Is there a specific type of script I need to use, or do I just have to create the three, alternative, party set-ups in A-trainer?

The scripting program I'm using, and learning scripting with, is hackmew's XSE.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
First off, I'd to thank all those who created the various hacking tutorials for Fire Red:) However, there are a couple of things I can't seem to find, both I really need for my hack... the Pokemon in Oak's tutorial, and determining the rival's party.

1. My hack is based around the EEVEELUTION and I was wondering if someone knew how to change the NIDORAN Female, including her cry, to EEVEE.

2. I've added a new rival and I wanted her starter Pokemon to match the one not chosen at Oak's lab. For example, in my test file, I chose FLAREON and my rival has VAPOREON; therefore Samantha should start with Jolteon, but if I had chosen Jolteon myself she's supposed to start with VAPOREON etc.

Is there a specific type of script I need to use, or do I just have to create the three, alternative, party set-ups in A-trainer?

1. Ok, this can be done by doing this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7550436&postcount=313
2. You do need to create 3 separate trainers and call the correct one either by setting a var or flag depending on the starter you chose.

3. Aside from your question, I figured out that the footprint behavior byte is 21, not 6.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

1) An old tool called Intro Ed by MewThree will do the trick for the sprite. For the cry, refer to the quick research thread in R&D where, near the end of the thread, there is a nice post by Darthatron.

2) The easiest way is with A-Trainer and just to create three different trainers and then set a var to 0, 1, or 2 based upon what pokemon is chosen, and then compare that var later when deciding which battle to use.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
Unfortunately, the GBA processor can only support 16-color palettes. There are two sloppy ways and two organized ways to deal with this:

The sloppy ways:

1. Add another color, replacing a color used by some other tile in the tileset.

2. Merge two of the colors in the tile that you are using together.

The organized ways:

1. Rescratch the tile by yourself, using less colors.

2. Choose a different tile.

Eventually we'll be able make the GBA support 256 color palettes, but with that will come VBA changes (which I can take care of). That will be a long time from now, considering that we barely understand 40% of the data and routines in the game image, and we'll possibly have to rewrite VBA for that kind of support.

Thanks for the information. :)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
1) This page ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239025 ) describes how the colors are distributed to different over world sprites.

Now, to change these colors, it is actually pretty simple. All of the text colors are contained withen the same palette as the overworld text box. So, if you can find that, then you can edit it. If you can't find it (please actually give it a try, we have too many lazy people here) just post again and I will help you.

2) You are limited to the amount of colors, but by changing the colors in the tut, then you create your own set of text colors.

Hey, sorry I have been staring at this for days and changing some values in the offset 0x464300 but seem to be getting no where... I'm sorry to ask but I can't find the data. I know they are 4-bit entries for an overworld but I can't see the slightest resemblence in similar overworlds or even search a colour. Eg the red is FF0000 I assumed?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey, sorry I have been staring at this for days and changing some values in the offset 0x464300 but seem to be getting no where... I'm sorry to ask but I can't find the data. I know they are 4-bit entries for an overworld but I can't see the slightest resemblence in similar overworlds or even search a colour. Eg the red is FF0000 I assumed?
The color system is 24-bit, right?
In that case, if every entry there is only of four bits, the entries can have all the values between 0 and F, and sounds like they could instead work as palette pointers instead of actual palettes. If there are 16 different memory slots reserved for palettes in total, this is probably how it works out.

If you want to find the palettes these refer to, use a debugger and set a breakpoint to the "table pointer" and follow the code from there.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
The color system is 24-bit, right?
In that case, if every entry there is only of four bits, the entries can have all the values between 0 and F, and sounds like they could instead work as palette pointers instead of actual palettes. If there are 16 different memory slots reserved for palettes in total, this is probably how it works out.

If you want to find the palettes these refer to, use a debugger and set a breakpoint to the "table pointer" and follow the code from there.

Aah, I am so far off the mark from where I'm at. Are there any good tutorials on how to set breakpoints? Even the table I'm looking in, the pointers I'm finding are not pallette pointers.

Thanks though, I'm sure if was smarter I would get this haha.

karatekid552

Years
Aah, I am so far off the mark from where I'm at. Are there any good tutorials on how to set breakpoints? Even the table I'm looking in, the pointers I'm finding are not pallette pointers.

Thanks though, I'm sure if was smarter I would get this haha.

The color system is much different. It isn't reading actual colors, but more, it is reading what slot in the palette the color is in. Take a look:

FF 00 00 is 3 bytes.

There are 8 bits is one byte.

So, to break those numbers up into groups of 4 bits:

F F 0 0 0 0

Understand?

So, I don't understand exactly how it corelates to each slot in the palette, but the first "F" goes with sprite 0, the second "F" goes with sprite 1, the third number (0) goes with sprite 2, the next with sprite 3, etc. This should be enough info to get you to play around with it. Try looking at a boy's sprite in the table and then a girl's and see how they are different.

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
I'm using a rom base and I constantly keep encountering this error and have tried fixing it multiple times.
Does anyone know a soloution?
gyrath.deviantart(.)com/art/House-bug-369371065?q=gallery%3Agyrath&qo=0

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2013
Hi!

I've already been into Hex Editing for editing texts and a few textures for a PSP game but that was 3 or 4 years ago... I decided to start all over learning it again but decided to change the sprites and some images for Pokemon Crystal and found out that getting back to hacking isn't much like riding the bicycle again after a long time of not riding one...

I've managed to edit a couple of sprites and some tiles but what I'm trying to edit now is the Frames. I found (I think) the location of the Type 1 Frame in the ROM (using Tile Layer Pro) but for some reason, when I play the game, it's still the same as it was before. Opening the ROM again in TLP shows that it's already been edited. I'm sure (well, I believe I am) that it is indeed the right sprite/tile to edit as I've followed the "Textbox Editing" Tutorial to find the things I want to change.

I hope somebody can share and help me out. Thanks!

karatekid552

Years
I'm using a rom base and I constantly keep encountering this error and have tried fixing it multiple times.
Does anyone know a soloution?
gyrath.deviantart(.)com/art/House-bug-369371065?q=gallery%3Agyrath&qo=0

I see that the tiles are not in the right position. Could you elaborate more on when it occurs and if it looks the same in A-map?

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
I see that the tiles are not in the right position. Could you elaborate more on when it occurs and if it looks the same in A-map?

Ok, time to elaborate. I'm using Punkrocker's Rom-base
pokecommunity(.)com/showpost.php?p=4156287&postcount=146

In A-Map everything looks normal, fine, perfect. Tiles are stunning.. Let's load it with VBA and give it a try!
1. The first screenshot you see is when im leaving the house but have not yet actually opened the door.
2. When I do open the door, basically all the bottom tiles of the house suddenly become frozen door animations (or atleast that's what it looks like to me).

If you want to get the full idea, download the rom-base with the link i supplied.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Online now
Ok, time to elaborate. I'm using Punkrocker's Rom-base
pokecommunity(.)com/showpost.php?p=4156287&postcount=146

In A-Map everything looks normal, fine, perfect. Tiles are stunning.. Let's load it with VBA and give it a try!
1. The first screenshot you see is when im leaving the house but have not yet actually opened the door.
2. When I do open the door, basically all the bottom tiles of the house suddenly become frozen door animations (or atleast that's what it looks like to me).

If you want to get the full idea, download the rom-base with the link i supplied.

It is because of the inserted tiles. When they were placed into the Tileset by the inserter, some parts of the tileset appear to be blank but at the bottom of each tileset, there is a blank bit which is set for the animations of doors as such. These blank areas now contain the bottom of the houses, and so the frames of animation appears when doors are opened.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
The color system is much different. It isn't reading actual colors, but more, it is reading what slot in the palette the color is in. Take a look:

FF 00 00 is 3 bytes.

There are 8 bits is one byte.

So, to break those numbers up into groups of 4 bits:

F F 0 0 0 0

Understand?

So, I don't understand exactly how it corelates to each slot in the palette, but the first "F" goes with sprite 0, the second "F" goes with sprite 1, the third number (0) goes with sprite 2, the next with sprite 3, etc. This should be enough info to get you to play around with it. Try looking at a boy's sprite in the table and then a girl's and see how they are different.

THANK YOU! I can't believe I didn't know what a bit was... would have made it easier!

Anyway I played around with the area the number 0 = Boy (blue), 1 = Girl (red) and any value from 2-F was black. So I was stuck again.

I ended up searching the whole palette (found this by accident when the text doesn't change with DNS and saw only 3 palettes weren't affected) and found it at 0x471DF4 (proof I found it) and changed it from red to my colour. Now it works :) So thank you!!!

So RED is located at 0x471DF4
And BLUE is at 0x471DFC

Gyrath

Pokemon Lurid Creator
Years
It is because of the inserted tiles. When they were placed into the Tileset by the inserter, some parts of the tileset appear to be blank but at the bottom of each tileset, there is a blank bit which is set for the animations of doors as such. These blank areas now contain the bottom of the houses, and so the frames of animation appears when doors are opened.

Ok, I understand. How would I fix this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Online now
Ok, I understand. How would I fix this?

It means reinserting the tiles into a different part of the tileset. As I've had the pleasure of seeing this ROM Base myself too, I know this is fairly difficult due to lack of space, so I have no idea how you can fix it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back