• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Kyanpu Version

Years
This thread is up for archival purposes. If you want to see my most recent ROM hack, Pokémon Cobalt, click me.

Pokémon Kyanpu Version

Kyanpu Version was a ROM Hack of Pokémon Firered BPRE in English.

Two years ago, Cole Experiments Inc. released their PokéEnergy Converter, a device which harmlessly extracts unused energy from Pokémon, amplifies it tenfold and converts it to its liquid state, where it can be used to cure PokéRus, increase the chances of a Pokémon giving birth to shiny Pokémon, and evolve Pokémon previously thought to have reached their limit. Manos, the biggest corporation in the Suzoku region, has endeavoured to obtain this device to use for their own purposes.

Today, it is all over the news that the scientist and innovator Lenny Cole, aged 38, died from a heart attack in his laboratory in the Suzoku region, at four o'clock in the afternoon on Wednesday 9th November. So far, investigators have found no evidence which point to the cause of the tragedy. Many believe that Cole was murdered. The only evidence left at the scene is a playing card with an "M" on the back.

Further investigation is being carried out.

Welcome to Camp Copihue! For your first task, you are going to be helping the police! They are in need of a good detective and a few, brave people who can help find the source of Cole's death. Alongside your brother, and a trusty Pokémon, you must help the police. With your amazing Pokémon battling skills, you'll need to be swift, strong and expect the unexpected in Pokémon: Kyanpu Version!​

Features

• Minigames and Sidequests.
  • An original, unique story!
  • Fakemon!

Screenshots

ButtonExplanation1.png
ButtonExplanation2.png
BrothersName-1.png

HideousUniform.png
ShouldntLeaveYet.png
TheOres.png

OldPokmon.png
Bulbasaur.png
Charmander.png

Squirtle.png
PassedmyTest.png
PassedmyTest2.png

Woodlands-1.png
Bear-1.png
CyperusVillage.png

ClovisHouse.png
TheUniform.png
142-1.png

Special Thanks and Credits

• UltramasterBDX - D/P textbox.
  • Haz - Mapping.
  • Tool Makers - Tools.

Last edited:

Alec_

Years
The screenshots looks good. But there's a map error.

eew.png

Take look at this. Theres a Map Error there. Near the Water Stone --->.
Hope you would fix this because this is great.

~Fairytales.

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
Years
Also there is a hack already called Wisteria, by ~Red a.k.a ~Ashandmisty~. The content looks good though but posting whole maps is a bit too much of a giveaway.

Years
The whole idea sounds great!
Good luck with it!

Thanks.
The screenshots looks good. But there's a map error.

eew.png

Take look at this. Theres a Map Error there. Near the Water Stone --->.
Hope you would fix this because this is great.

~Fairytales.
Fixed.

Also there is a hack already called Wisteria, by ~Red a.k.a ~Ashandmisty~. The content looks good though but posting whole maps is a bit too much of a giveaway.

Hmm... Is the hack still active? If it is, I'll change it. If it's dead, then I'm keeping Wisteria.

Okay, I'll get rid of the mapshots...

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Imposter Oak

"hahaha omg ur so funny" True
Years
Hmm... Is the hack still active? If it is, I'll change it. If it's dead, then I'm keeping Wisteria.

Well, the hacker has been doing other stuff but plans on continuing after that's out of the way. You could still keep the name regardless, no-one's going to stop you AFAIK. ~Red's hack is a Red hack, so you might want to put "(Fire Red Hack)" in your hack's thread title.

Years
Well, the hacker has been doing other stuff but plans on continuing after that's out of the way. You could still keep the name regardless, no-one's going to stop you AFAIK. ~Red's hack is a Red hack, so you might want to put "(Fire Red Hack)" in your hack's thread title.

Thanks. I've edited the post's title to say FIRE RED HACK, but, as I haven't got the authority, the thread name doesn't say that. I may, however, PM one of the Mods and request a thread name change...

Years
Update:

The list of new updates, features, etc. is as follows:
  • I've edited the button intro to correspond to the keys on your keyboard, not the buttons on your GameBoy Advanced! (Z = A, X = B, A = L, S = R, ENTER = Start, Backspace = Select) I still have to replace the D-Pad icon with the (<, >, ^, V) arrow keys. But that can wait.
  • I've got an image of Fii's world map. Now I just need to insert it:
    Fii.png
  • I've patched the D/P Styled Textbox to Kyanpu, so expect some screenies of them, soon!
  • I've begun to edit the titlescreen. When it is finished, it is planned to look roughly like this:
    ROUGH.jpg

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
yep pokemon wisteria (red hack) is alive
however the hacker hasn't shown progress here in PC lately but there has been some discussion in twilight-hacking

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
It looks very promising.You can ask a moderator to move your thread in the progressing hacks.;)

Years
It looks very promising.You can ask a moderator to move your thread in the progressing hacks.;)

Thanks. And, I will...

Haha, that's awesome! How do you change the text on that? I tried looking on A-Text but no luck. =\. Did you use unlz to change the pics?

For the text, I used A-Text. Just click the Search Tool and type in the text that you see on VBA. Hit 'Add to INI' and edit away. Yeah, I edited the pictures on Unlz.

Last edited:
Years
Do ya need help on OW Spriting?
I'll help you if you want.
For now, I just need to replace Red's OWs with the Campers OW. I need Clovis and Jonas OWs, but I haven't even got their battle sprites. I don't think OW spriters is necassary right now. Thanks for the offer, though!

I've just done a very quick amalgamation, which I suppose can suffice as Jon Copihue's pose, for the moment:
JonCopihue.png

Oh, and I'd like to thank Destinedjagold for moving my thread from the Scrapbox to here.

Last edited:
Years
Awesome Trainer Sprite, Spherical Ice!
Jon really looks like a Ranger.

Aheh, about that... Yeah, I used the Ranger sprite as a base. I also used Red, Norman and the R/S Camper. Simple recolouring, if I'm honest. The right hand (our left) was from him:
frlgemtrex004.png

Courtesy of PE2K's Sprite Resource
Edit:
I've changed all of the name choices for your brother, except for GREEN, 'cause A-Text won't let me access it, unfortunately. Oh, and I've also added UltramasterBDX's D/P Style Textbox patch:
Brothersname.png

Check out the new screens.

Last edited:

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • MN
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
oh, this looks awesome, I mean I can't wait for the release, but I have played almost every released hack on PC, so yeah.. :D

Years
Thanks, Ian!

Good news, guys! I've finally understood how to use the Search Tool in A-Text, so the Brother's-Name-Intro-Thing is finally finished!
BrothersName-1.png

Ta-da!

Last edited:
Back