• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have an original Pokemon Red, Blue, or Yellow cartridge?

JediPanda82

Kanto master
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
I still have my original gameboy with red yellow and blue all with a completed pokedex as well as every rpg Pokemon game released since sadly my pearl version has met an untimely end in davey jones locker so to speak and has been replaced since but have not had the motivation to re-do the pokedex on that one I am currently only a small fraction away from sun and moon completion and fully intend to grind that pokedex to the end before November gotta catch em all lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I still have my original copies of Red and Yellow. I'm not sure whether they work properly or not, as I haven't checked them in a while, and they're at my parents' house. I also have a friend's copy of Blue, which I borrowed to see if I could fix it (it doesn't work properly - freezes anytime a text box appears and makes a Gastly cry or various other sounds).

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Unfortunately both my US and Japanese copies of Blue Version have been stolen, but I do still have my copies of Yellow, Red, and Green (original copy, not a repro). I'm pretty sure all of their batteries are deader than the DSi, but the games themselves work just fine.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Only version I have is Yellow and it still works to this day. Many hours spent trying to catch and evolve all the ones you can get natively, although I have never finished the Pokedex since I lacked a Trading partner. I know there are backdoor ways of getting them though so who knows I may catch me all despite my limitations.

Tek

Years
No, BUT

I have two of the original Gamesharks :) I use them for Dragon Warrior Monsters and they are as finicky as ever.

Years
I still have my copies of Blue and Yellow and they both work. As far as I know, my brother's copy of Red still works as well.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I never owned Red, but my friend still has her copy, and I still have Blue and Yellow cartridges. They still work, but I never really break em out to play em anymore.

Back