• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I decided against doing a challenge for my first run through the game since I was thinking it might hinder my experience if I make my rules too limiting or something.

Essentially, I think I'll run through the game the same way I did for Black & White - I plan my team beforehand, and just roll with it from there. I'll try and take it much slower than I usually do, as well, and try not to get too impatient, whether it's regarding capturing all the Pokemon available in the area before proceeding, or levelling up my team to be up to par with the next Gym Leader before challenging them.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Probably going with a normal playthrough like I always do. I've been considering doing a Challenge Mode later as soon as I defeated the champion at Black 2 and give the key to a White 2 playthrough :3

Although, for the team, I decided to go rotation as choosing Pokemon for the team is tough work in this version P:

Years
I'm going to catch all the Pokemon I see because well, you gotta catch 'em all.

I'll also probably pick Pokemon I like for the team, but also taking type weaknesses and movesets into account.

Essentially, I'll just do a normal playthrough like my previous games. No Nuzlockes or anything.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
I'm going to do a speedrun on White 2 so I can use it for Wi-Fi battles and play through slowly on Black 2. Around 75% chance of doing an Nuzlocke on my W2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't know if I plan to continue the rom version but for the actual version I was thinking I might just do a solo run through the main story. I know I wasn't considering that until now, but if I don't need a HM slave, that might kind of just test my skills or something! If not p sure I'll just play through like normal now. :(

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Don't know if I plan to continue the rom version but for the actual version I was thinking I might just do a solo run through the main story. I know I wasn't considering that until now, but if I don't need a HM slave, that might kind of just test my skills or something! If not p sure I'll just play through like normal now. :(

oooh can't wait for someone to make the english rom for B/W2.

the way im gonna play B/W2 is like normal going with the story. i really aren't that fussy bout my team the way it works with me is the first six Pokemon i obtain are my permanent team until the reach level 100 or i need a sub for a HM learner. and im also "gotta catch em all" quoting from Hikari and original Pokemon motto. :)

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Play as normal... use a pre-planned team of six, level grind excessively, and take my time talking to people and stuff. I'll probably catch most of what I come across, unless I don't like them. Probably won't do much Pokedex stuff besides that (i.e., no evolving/breeding just for the Pokedex).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Just play normally and slowly. I wont do any challenges or anything. I want to take my time and really enjoy it!

Years
i decided i wanted a certain fire dog but other than that i winged it nd its worked out reasonably well, only needed to grind a little for 7th gym and beat the elite 4 2nd time. no wifi so that side doesn't bother me too much. when i beat wtc i might do a nuzlock or something to make it funner.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Play normally and catch on impulse, level one Pokémon at a time.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
I'm playing through it now and I'm going through it normally with my bawse team of Serperior Darmanitan Lucario Vaporeon and espeon so far, looking for my 6th man maybe just a HM ***** :P

AxeyWaxyWoo

Awesome Sauce Trainer
Years
I'll just be playing through the game normally and taking my time. :)
Really looking forward to getting it, but I don't know which version I want yet...

Still, I can tell my social life is going to go down the drain when this comes out. :3

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
I'm Probably going to plan what to catch. I don't usually plan out what Pokemon I'm going to obtain (Most times just think about it along the way), but i might actually think more carefully unlike my last play through B/W.

Years
In Black and White I spent a while beforehand planning out my team, but this time around I think I'll just catch Pokemon I like and train them for my team, without planning.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I want the game to take a long time so what I plan on doing helps. I plan on catching the right natured Pokemon that I want on my team, my preferred gender too, and also EV training during the main plot. No IV though, that was just tedious.

Years
My starter will most likely be the one I didn't use at all which is Tepig. I'll end up using Archeops, Haxorus, Bisharp, Simisage, and Scolipede through my full run.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
I will be taking my time, since, I'm planning on getting B/W 2 during the Christmas break.

I will talk to every NPC, getting all of the items including the hidden ones, catching every Pokémon, and of course getting the beneficial nature for the Pokémon in my team. Not sure if I will EV train my team yet.

KidJaejae

Homunculus-based Trainer
Years
For my playthrough of Black/White 2, I'm aiming to slow down the progression of the story and focus more on everything else the game has to offer.
The side activities seem more interesting this time around, so I'll definitely be clung on to those.

Just hoping to NOT blitz through the entire main story like I did with the versions beforehand.

Back