• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Cuter Unevolved!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Pokemon I like better whose evolutions I don't hate or dislike: Quilava, Sneasel, Torracat, Dragonair, Piplup, Vulpix, Cubone, Phanpy, Teddiursa, Ducklett, Braixen.

Pokemon I like better only because I find their evolutions ugly: Mime Jr., Morelull, Bunnelby, Smoochum, Timburr, Alolan Meowth, Aipom, Seedot, Sealeo, Shieldon.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Litwick and Phantump come immediately to mind. I think they're adorable and I love their designs, but I don't much care for their evolutions.

I also love Fletchling, but not its evolutions as much. I don't dislike Fletchling's evolutions, though.

Years
Wartortle, Torracat , Bunnelby, Haunter and Rhydon.

I like a lot of middle forms in general because they balance cute with cool.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
They're not necessarily all "cute" but a lot of previously final stage pokemon that became second stage like Electabuzz, Magmar, Rhydon, Chansey. I dislike their evolution.
Also, croagunk

My favorite sarters in gen 1 are Ivysaur, Charmeleon and Wartortle.

Also, as a fan of Rhydon, I am sad to see Rhyperior's design :(

Wartortle, Torracat , Bunnelby, Haunter and Rhydon.

I like a lot of middle forms in general because they balance cute with cool.

ah yesss Rhyperior giving more salt xD

(Don't know why do you guys hate it so much. Do you hate Dragonite and Milotic too for looking very different to their pre-evos?)

To answer the question, I don't think Magmortar makes any sense, neither does Blaziken, and Bisharp looks a little stupid compared to Pawniard. Honchkrow seems to be kinda fat, too.

Years

(Don't know why do you guys hate it so much. Do you hate Dragonite and Milotic too for looking very different to their pre-evos?)

To answer the question, I don't think Magmortar makes any sense, neither does Blaziken, and Bisharp looks a little stupid compared to Pawniard. Honchkrow seems to be kinda fat, too.

I actually do like Dragonair and Dratini's designs better than Dragonite's.

I just feel that Rhyperior is a bit too over design which is that's why I like Rhyhorn and Rhydon better. Other than that, I don't have super strong feelings towards it. I actually forgot about it until I saw people commenting on it in this thread. {XD}

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021

For me it's not really about looking different (I do love Dragonair more than Dragonite but don't mind it, I like Milotic for being the counterpart to Gyarados and I LOVE Gyarados' backstory (Carps leaping over waterfalls to turn into dragons in Chinese folklore). It's just that Rhydon's design was really cool and Rhyperior doesn't look as badass to me. Plus, with the fact that Rhydon was the first pokemon to be designed and that it was Giovanni's pokemon in Gen 1, it always felt iconic to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Flaaffy, Chikorita, Bulbasaur. In some ways also Dragonair; I like Dragonite too, but I don't like that it is Dragonair's evo.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years

.. Actually, yes I am not a fan of Dragonite I prefer Dragonair XD

I wouldn't say it's because it looks different than the pre-evo. Milotic is great. Gyarados too. I just think Dragonair is cuter than Dragonite, same with Rhydon.

I like how Amabilis said it, they were kinda balanced with cute and cool, best of both world.

I do like Magmortar and Electavire tho. I liked the pre-evo already, but I accept those evolutions too. Same for Lickylicky; it is okay, I do not dislike it but I already liked it's pre-evo.

I do not dislike Rhyperior - I just prefer Rhydon. Rhyperior as another Pokemon line would be better imo.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
I like Wartortle better than Blastoise. Trubbish is also way cuter than Garbodor.
I think part of it is that a lot of the designs are just "throw something on its head," for example; the early evolutions are just simpler.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Generally the pre-evos are cuter but I feel more strongly about a few Pokemon like Totodile, Bunnelby and Chespin as I think their evolutions are unattractive.

Rick Gastly

Memes Straight Outta 2007
Years
Some examples for me:
Oddish (Though Vileplume's cute again)
Sandshrew
Goomy
Eevee
Psyduck
Bulbasaur

On the other hand, lots of fully evolved Pokemon are very cute for me such as:
Vileplume
Raichu
Azumarill
Blissey

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Zorua is absolutely adorable, and while I like Zoroark, Zorua's just too cute.
Another one's gotta be Cutiefly. Don't get me wrong, Ribombee is adorable, but Cutiefly's just too cute that I really just don't wanna evolve it. Kind of expected from a Pokemon with "cute" in it's name, but it's still just too cute not to mention.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Torracat imo is the best middle stage starter, hands down.
Torracat was my bae and then it evolved and I cried a little when it wasn't looking

Skitty though! While Delcatty is still pretty, Skitty is utterly ridiculously adorable and its evo doesn't at all come close.

Same with Poochyena (: Mighty really isn't what you'd call cute, but Poochy is super cute!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Scraggy. Scrafty's cool and all, but I think Scraggy is just so much cuter... I don't know why. I think it's the pants.

Back