• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
if Link gets these crystals, how does he get them if only he, Zelda, and Ganondorf can use them?
This is why I mentioned that they don't have to be special. If they were naturally formed when the three goddesses created the planet, they would naturally be tied to the goddesses. As such, because they're merely a natural commodity for everyone other than the Triforce users, they could be sold in stores and such, while at the same time they could be found throughout the world.

But I disagree about the original Zelda. Zelda 2, also. And considering they were the building blocks for what Zelda is today (...Well, actually, I guess "is." would probably be more accurate), I don't think that they should just be ignored for consideration.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
This is why I mentioned that they don't have to be special. If they were naturally formed when the three goddesses created the planet, they would naturally be tied to the goddesses. As such, because they're merely a natural commodity for everyone other than the Triforce users, they could be sold in stores and such, while at the same time they could be found throughout the world.

But I disagree about the original Zelda. Zelda 2, also. And considering they were the building blocks for what Zelda is today, I don't think that they should just be ignored for consideration.

There's just not a lot in them that could be relevant to this kind of game. The story was practically not even there. Almost all of the enemies got newer incarnations, hell, I remember going through one of the dungeons from the original in one of the Oracle games. The bosses though, we could still use.

And ok, guess I forgot that bit about the crystals already. There could be a few NPCs alluding to them for uses other than what the player can use them for too.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
And that's why I think that I may have a suggestion to help planning. Maybe it'd be best to create the baseline and framework for the story before choosing the characters that will be in it. The only reason I say this is because there might be something of a struggle for who should go where and why once it actually comes time to make the story.

But if you make the story first, you'll be able to set your pieces as you need them. Because of this, there will be a lot more "space" for you to add characters that you want in.

Danno

Years
And that's why I think that I may have a suggestion to help planning. Maybe it'd be best to create the baseline and framework for the story before choosing the characters that will be in it. The only reason I say this is because there might be something of a struggle for who should go where and why once it actually comes time to make the story.

But if you make the story first, you'll be able to set your pieces as you need them. Because of this, there will be a lot more "space" for you to add characters that you want in.

True, but there doesn't have to be an explanation for every character. There are a few recurring characters in the Zelda universe, so that works. Alright so I like this idea that Farore grants Link the power to use the crystals, as Seasons and Ages focused on Din and Nayru, and Farore is the Triforce of Courage. So starting like the oracle games, Link starts in an area he can't leave unless he follows the path (in those, he didn't have the sword, in this, we could have trees that need to be cut). There's some sort of event happening, and then something happens to interrupt it. Ganondorf shows up and ruins the party or something. lol. Link is attacked, and blacks out. While blacked out, Link meets Farore, sort of like a dream(all black tiles, only overworlds are seen). She grants Link the ability to use the crystals. He wakes up and the Happy Mask Salesman is there, on a mission of his own sent by Nayru to help the hero of (whatever) by offering him a choice of 3 crystals. That's where you choose your starter. After your starter is chosen, the Mask Salesman starts talking about some strange forces that have been altering Hyrule, and soon after they're attacked by something.

That's the first battle. Then you go to the nearest town and find the Mask Salesman in the Happy Mask Shop and he'll tell you more about stuff. (The Mask Salesman is considered a mystic by some anyways, as he's somehow related to the masked children on the moon, according to some people.)

This was all just off the top of my head. Using that as a base, does it sound like a decent-ish intro? What should be changed?

lol I really should sleep more.

EDIT:
1m30I.jpg

hE5fc.jpg

New Game Freak screen, I inserted new music for it too. So it appears I can music hack again, woo lol. It's been years since I've done this.

Last edited:

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
True, but there doesn't have to be an explanation for every character. There are a few recurring characters in the Zelda universe, so that works. Alright so I like this idea that Farore grants Link the power to use the crystals, as Seasons and Ages focused on Din and Nayru, and Farore is the Triforce of Courage. So starting like the oracle games, Link starts in an area he can't leave unless he follows the path (in those, he didn't have the sword, in this, we could have trees that need to be cut). There's some sort of event happening, and then something happens to interrupt it. Ganondorf shows up and ruins the party or something. lol. Link is attacked, and blacks out. While blacked out, Link meets Farore, sort of like a dream(all black tiles, only overworlds are seen). She grants Link the ability to use the crystals. He wakes up and the Happy Mask Salesman is there, on a mission of his own sent by Nayru to help the hero of (whatever) by offering him a choice of 3 crystals. That's where you choose your starter. After your starter is chosen, the Mask Salesman starts talking about some strange forces that have been altering Hyrule, and soon after they're attacked by something.

That's the first battle. Then you go to the nearest town and find the Mask Salesman in the Happy Mask Shop and he'll tell you more about stuff. (The Mask Salesman is considered a mystic by some anyways, as he's somehow related to the masked children on the moon, according to some people.)

This was all just off the top of my head. Using that as a base, does it sound like a decent-ish intro? What should be changed?

lol I really should sleep more.

It sounds, according to you, "decent-ish", to me! Perhaps the Mask Salesman could sell crystals with rare creatures in them in exchange for a certain amount of some kind of collectable?

Danno

Years
It sounds, according to you, "decent-ish", to me! Perhaps the Mask Salesman could sell crystals with rare creatures in them in exchange for a certain amount of some kind of collectable?

Sounds good, similar to the Kinstones in Minish Cap doing something when you find a matchup.
It's a shame I wasn't born in 1986 lol...

SoHQL.jpg

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Sounds good, similar to the Kinstones in Minish Cap doing something when you find a matchup.
It's a shame I wasn't born in 1986 lol...

SoHQL.jpg

Nice work with that intro screen! If I was born 1986, I would probably be like one of those Youtubers who have shelves literally filled to the brim with video games.

Perhaps we could have "Timestones" that act like Golden Kinstones and unlock the other time periods? I'm just spitballing here.

Danno

Years
Nice work with that intro screen! If I was born 1986, I would probably be like one of those Youtubers who have shelves literally filled to the brim with video games.

Perhaps we could have "Timestones" that act like Golden Kinstones and unlock the other time periods? I'm just spitballing here.

It's a little too complicated to have different times when we'll have all these different places to visit, but not a bad thought.

Just uploaded this to show the music and stuff:

Danno

Years
Haha thanks guys. I think I'll do some palette editing on it eventually and I'll probably need someone's help changing the boot screen layout because seriously, I was born in 1990 not 1986 hahaha

Danno

Years
Well, it's a convergence. So (I'm assuming) they'll be accessible through normal travel and progression.

Exactly. Instead of traveling thorugh time, the time traveling comes to you(because of the corrupted Temple of Time and Sacred Realm I guess)

Danno

Years
Spoiler:

EDIT:

D'oh... wow, fixed it already. Here I was confused about it for 10 minutes, and 2 seconds after I posted I figured out the Write changes to rom button... for some reason I just thought that would happen anyway. Oops, sorry lol

Here's what it looks like... still working on adding new tiles and stuff.
XT9n4.jpg
They can be spiced up later.

And thanks to DiegoIsAwesome (and he is), no more flashbacks when you load the file. Niiice

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
The game looks great, I'm especially a fan of the GBC tiles you inserted. Looking forward to see more.

Danno

Years
The game looks great, I'm especially a fan of the GBC tiles you inserted. Looking forward to see more.

Thanks, yeah this is coming along nicely. Here's another screenshot before I sleep:

9M7rC.jpg

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the camera not follow you to the edge of the map until you cross over to the next connection like how it's done in the GB Zelda games? That would really make this look a million times better...

Also, not all of these tiles are the final product by the way. GameCube Collector is working on some tiles too, and the map is just a test too (notice it's pretty much pallet town haha.)

Side note, thinking of just naming this project The Legend of Zelda: The Sacred Realm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back