• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<<Hack of the Week>> - Have you voted this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
Hm, well I guess I know who's winning what now, so I'll pick Pokémon Never Black & White! I bet you know why, but to make my vote valid, I'll tell you why. xP It has incredible tiles and palettes, and the scripts and events are timed out perfectly, from what I've seen with videos. The choices of music are perfect, and the hack is very original. Not to mention that it'll be in English! (Thanks to me and Alexllew!)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I vote pokémon shiny gold !!, when i was young , i've played whole the time everyday on pokemon gold/silver/crystal, it's a long time ago that i've got so much fun like when i was playing those 3 games... now i'm so glad there will be a remake of it with extra events! THANK YOU ZEL !!

This post is pure fail.... This is not what HOTW is for. It's like a perfect example of what not to do in this thread.

Anyway, my vote goes for Pokemon B&W. Mainly due to it's superb mapping, and cool story line. I feel a lot of time has been put into it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
@wahwa
Please put in a reason

I vote for pokemon amnesia.
Why: I like the storyline and graphics mainly but it has a couple of jokes here and there(from the screenshots) w/out it being complete nonsense or cursing.
it sounds really good also.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I vote pokemon B&W because of its awsome graphics, scripts and effort from the author. It is exactly in my view what a hack should be :)

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
I vote for Pokemon Ruby Destiny- Rescue Rangers...
...because it uses amazing scripts to make a zany game. I think it is a fun idea with good sprites and tiles.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And, again. Voting's closed. And, again. We have a clear winner for this week's HotW, this time it's Pokémon Never B&W, by ҳ̸ҲRichie (also known as SkOria on SP forums)

Voting Results
Never B&W, with 11 votes
Rescue Rangers, with 5 votes (had to ditch wahwah's vote as he didn't post a reason for his pick)
Amnesia, with 1 vote
Shiny Gold, with 1 vote (aka "the lol vote" XP)

As always, if you want to congratulate him do it on his thread (this thread is only for voting, I know I repeat it a lot, but it's better to be safe XP)

Alright, the next voting can start now. While checking the threads a few elegible hacks had their threads closed, so, that's why the list is a bit shorter this time. But fear not! I'm trying to organize my ideas for something like "a second chance" for hacks, but, I need to write it in a clear way. For now, this week's elegible hacks will be the ones in the list. There will be no changes.
OK, happy voting! ^^

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
I vote for Pokemon Grey
Because I like the new tiles,and looks like the author is learning more and getting to do better stuff

Last edited:

Night_Blue

STFU
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2011
I vote for : Pokemon Grey
There are hardly any blue\red hacks around here.
This one is looking pretty good
And the new tiles look great.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I vote pokemon grey because it nearly has the same feel as Pokemon Brown did!! The author may also be putting ASM scripts in.

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
Years
I vote Pokemon Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers. it is a unique hack with a nice feel to it ive started to hack MD because i saw this hack of ruby.

a new killer ramoteh

u ****ing people misunderstand
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2009
I vote for Pokemon Grey because Gengars is one of my favorite pokemon.
Also,there are hardly any Blue hacks around here,I think this hack needs more attention
He's doing a good job inserting tiles to.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I vote for: Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers, because if the amazing originality found if you play it. The player is literally a Pikachu, which I've never seen in a hack before. (Though admittedly, my knowledge of hacks goes back only about a year.) Also found in it are amazing scripts. destinedjagold has already completed one hack, so he has experience, and I'm sure he'll do a lot to make this hack great. Very deserving of hack of the week in my opinion, after just missing it last week.

Edit: Anyone else notice each of the four winners was based either on Gold or Ruby? No Firered, which is easily the most common base I've seen.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Vote Of Week 5:Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers(RD-RR)

Reason: A very new feel to the Pokemon Universe. NO existing feel of Ruby. New Tiles created by Destinedjagold. Wonderful OWs. Great battle sprites.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I vote for: Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers
Reason: This hack is not something you see every day, its a great idea that no-one in the history of pokemon hacking has done( I think so). The OW's are great and alot of effort is put into them, so alot of hard work is done in this hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back