• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
It's weird being considered old, knowing I used to look at members and call them old and wonder how the hell they stayed here for so long and this will be my 5th year here, ugh...

It's also weird seeing how much PC has changed.

5th year your not too old ^_^ im like Antique XD I joined here when I was 19 or so around 10 years im am old old old XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
What's brought you back 'round to PC, MoonLight? You're a super old member, and I just read your return-back post in the welcome section :3

Were you part of the old PC before it got brought over/ revamped/ etc? :3

I've been here since 2004 and I feel old sometimes

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
I always seem to come back , like to to see how the place is and such I still enjoy this place very much :) Good Memories Here ~

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Any old friends of yours that you still see around? I see in your sig you're MVTM's sidekick and I see her post a picture once in a while still. Anyone else here that you know who still comes around? :3

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Ya know what Im not sure , Tho I know ppl seem to change their names now making it difficult to rem people I know Arcanine made still be around he's an oldie

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
People haven't been able to change their names for three years already. Although before then, it was a constant plague all over PC XD

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Oh well tha's good the name thing was crazy im like * Stop changing your names * my head was going to explode XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah I actually really disliked name changes cause it always confused me like.. who was who and whatnot. AND WTF Went how did you get that many posts? : ¦ Last I remember you were at only 9000 or something. Or I just can't remember when you passed the 10k mark.

And yeah I think Arcanine is still around but I hardly see him anymore, to be honest. I think I see him knocking around the anime section sometimes but that's about it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've only been around since Thanksgiving, so I missed pretty much everything that has happened, aside from member of the year stuff. :x

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Yeah he's like me I guess pops in and out. I never changed my name I had this name since I joined in 02

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I've been around for going on 2 years now and I get that twinge of "oldtalk" annoyance fairly often lol. Especially when people start going on about how great it was before I joined...haha.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Yeah I actually really disliked name changes cause it always confused me like.. who was who and whatnot. AND WTF Went how did you get that many posts? : ¦ Last I remember you were at only 9000 or something. Or I just can't remember when you passed the 10k mark.

...I think that happened over a year ago, seeing how my posts-per-day have been consistently under 7 for as long as I can remember XD But when Syd overtook me long ago I already was over 10k.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I wouldn't say it was "better" just a different vibe because of the different people knocking around gave it a different sort of life I guess you could say? I mean.. think of all your friends here on PC and then just imagine if half of them left. Even if there were other cool people that came around, and it may still be just as fun of course, but it still would feel a bit different without those others there.
I guess maybe that's what people mean by it was better? I dunno. I liked it because the DCC used to FLOW with conversation every day.. and nowadays sometimes it goes stale, but heck it doesn't make the forum on a whole any worse IMO.

droomph

weeb
Years
well guys I just woke up. 14 hours of sleep isn't healthy even by my low standards

ffffff I feel so lazy and I just want to go back to sleep in depression

Whatever

So yeah, I guess everybody has their "peak" time on anything…for me on PC, it was in the summer of this year when I had time to waste it on talking to friends (actually, not waste, but use), but now it's just AHHHHHH STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSS oh hey pc STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

so nothing's better or worse, it's just everyone had a different experience subjectively.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah you're not usually one of the people doing it haha, so no need to defend it :P

droomph

weeb
Years
but I have that feeling with everything nowadays.

"SCHOOL WUZ FUN BACK THEN"

"AHHHHH EWWW POKÉMON HAS NEW POKÉMON"

"OH HEY LOOK ANOTHER EPISODE OF _____"

"WTF IS TV NOW"

yeah

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
I know alot of my old friends are gone from here tho I know some still are on DA witch is not too bad plus I enjoy meeting new people that join ^_^ it's nice to see all people that past throught here over the years

Years
I wouldn't say it was "better" just a different vibe because of the different people knocking around gave it a different sort of life I guess you could say? I mean.. think of all your friends here on PC and then just imagine if half of them left. Even if there were other cool people that came around, and it may still be just as fun of course, but it still would feel a bit different without those others there.
I guess maybe that's what people mean by it was better? I dunno. I liked it because the DCC used to FLOW with conversation every day.. and nowadays sometimes it goes stale, but heck it doesn't make the forum on a whole any worse IMO.

Every forum has its life cycle: starts with few people and as the time goes by, say for 2 years, it begins to take the shape of a more consistent and stable community. Time passes by and some members lose their interest, making the community stop its development. At this point, if there are no new members, the forum is doomed.

I can give you my example: I'm a member on a forum that is almost 7 years old and right now, because of the staff is so awful, every single person I met there is leaving the boards. 5 years ago I wouldn't think about the forum becoming so dumb, but the fact is that if you don't have capable people managing the boards, you're absolutely doomed. And let me tell you, fellows: you have been doing a remarkable and really good job here, don't letting this community die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back