• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battle Scene Leaked! All 3-D and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I think I remember seeing this back before B/W was coming out. Looks Familiar, so I don't think this is beta stuff for X/Y.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
first off, just let me say that 3D models are a whole different ball game then sprites.
i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif. and the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little. even if your trying to argue that it was only referring to the part its in, it shows it right as the 3DS is shown

The "Game Play not as shown" was for the two specific parts mentioned. It wouldn't show twice if it were for the whole video, instead it would have remained or appeared at each point or more consecutively than it did. It is in no way the same as your example before as what you posted was a danger disclaimer that they put to avoid lawsuits should anyone be dumb enough to drive their car off of a cliff.

B/W's Background was also 3D rendered not sprited. They started using different art techniques for their games around mid Gen 4, but the actual overworld Background was different than the sprite and pixel art used for items, characters, Pokemon and battles.

The game footage is possibly going to change slightly as it may become cleaner, even still there isn't going to be any major changes to what we have already seen. Pikachu, Xerneas, and Yveltal are the only parts that may be drastically different. Game play wise is going to look as it does in the trailer with Cell Shaded art which is what the key factor in the gifs being fake is. They would not have made that trailer if the games were going to look like the gifs do. Not to mention the Gifs are already a backwards step. If they already made the video then the actual gameplay is already done and is being beta tested for bugs and filled in right now as we wait for release.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
The "Game Play not as shown" was for the two specific parts mentioned. It wouldn't show twice if it were for the whole video, instead it would have remained or appeared at each point or more consecutively than it did. It is in no way the same as your example before as what you posted was a danger disclaimer that they put to avoid lawsuits should anyone be dumb enough to drive their car off of a cliff.

B/W's Background was also 3D rendered not sprited. They started using different art techniques for their games around mid Gen 4, but the actual overworld Background was different than the sprite and pixel art used for items, characters, Pokemon and battles.

The game footage is possibly going to change slightly as it may become cleaner, even still there isn't going to be any major changes to what we have already seen. Pikachu, Xerneas, and Yveltal are the only parts that may be drastically different. Game play wise is going to look as it does in the trailer with Cell Shaded art which is what the key factor in the gifs being fake is. They would not have made that trailer if the games were going to look like the gifs do. Not to mention the Gifs are already a backwards step. If they already made the video then the actual gameplay is already done and is being beta tested for bugs and filled in right now as we wait for release.
lets take a look at my post, shall we?

"i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif."

there's no need to bring up it being fake and that the gif would be a step backwards because it's already been discussed.

"the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little. even if your trying to argue that it was only referring to the part its in, it shows it right as the 3DS is shown"

i would encourage you to watch the video again because it shows that notice ONCE.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It's definitely fake, the trailer showed a much more different sort of gameplay and the Pokémon's 3D models in the battle scene were cel-shaded than what was shown in that .gif animation.

That .gif image was probably made much more earlier in time, probably even before Black Version 2 and White Version 2 were made, probably just to show the speculated Pokémon Grey Version and demonstrating how it would've looked like if it was on the Nintendo 3DS. It's just like other fanmade images that surfaced from certain fan websites.

Either way, I much prefer the one from the trailer, it was much more nicer and the camera could turn around. ^^

Edit: Wait! Hold on, the .gif image is actually from a YouTube video! Here it is:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
"the "game footage not final" is referring to the gameplay shown so that they won't get in trouble if they change it a little.

That's not even remotely close to why its there. They won't get in trouble even if they didn't have that notice and changed how the graphics look. Compared to your example you are comparing Apples to Oranges. There is no law that states that they have to have that there unlike a car commercial that shows people driving recklessly.

On Pikachu, Yveltal, and Xerneas it says, "Does not represent actual game footage."

That means, that in no way, shape, or form are those parts part of the gameplay.

I did misread part of what you were saying, yes just as you completely misread my posts as well, but "Game footage not final" simply means that there will be tweeks and small changed to actual game footage. What we have depicting actual game play is what we are going to get as actual game play. Only difference is that it will be cleaner, they may add in more colors to the pallet to give it a more vibrant look, and that they may add more to the scenery. Sometimes areas that appear in the footage don't appear in actual game play or small visual parts will be changed like say the Statue with the Knight, Golurk, Plapitoad, and Eevee. They may change a Pokemon on it, add a Pokemon to it. They may change how the water looks, or what shade the color of the grass looks like.

It will not look remotely close to the GIFs posted as they are two vastly different styles of art. That would require a complete reworking of the entire game just to adjust the codes to read the different style correctly as well as transition the the animations correctly. Every bit of artwork that appears on the screen has its own code and works together with the other codes through one core code that holds them all together.

The GIFs are not Beta art either as those are not leaked to the public before game release and they would not be moving, rather they'd have been screenshots of how the attacks would look or how the Pokemon looked. The battle plates don't exist in a lot of Pokemon Beta work, for them to show its near a final working point. There are many other things about the GIFs that have not been mentioned by myself that confirm it is fake. Someone else already said Klink's name is misspelled and is listed as a "Female" Pokemon. That sort of mess up does not exist in Beta work as Pokemon are individually coded and tested as images before they test battle capabilities of the graphics.

Yes they are fake.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Again, I can confirm that this is well and truly fake. This YouTube video is where that .gif image is based off. And I remember this video from way back in the days before Pokémon Black Version and White Version were released, back in the early days of when they just only revealed Blitzle and Klink.

Again, here's the YouTube video if anyone wants to see it:

And compare that video to this:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
As has been stated before, this is fake. The video you posted, OP, has been out for a while on top of that, quite a while actually. I remember it from many months back, at the very least(probably closer to ^).

While the video may say 'Gameplay footage is not final', it's clearly showing us what to look forward to(the official beta/trailer we got. As Xander mentioned, they're more than likely just going to smooth things out and probably fill in the scenery to give it more life, etc. Nothing as drastic as that first video.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
It's a fake indeed then, no prototype or anything. Thank you for the clarification! ^^ Mods, lock this thread please.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
That's not even remotely close to why its there. They won't get in trouble even if they didn't have that notice and changed how the graphics look. Compared to your example you are comparing Apples to Oranges. There is no law that states that they have to have that there unlike a car commercial that shows people driving recklessly.

On Pikachu, Yveltal, and Xerneas it says, "Does not represent actual game footage."

That means, that in no way, shape, or form are those parts part of the gameplay.

I did misread part of what you were saying, yes just as you completely misread my posts as well, but "Game footage not final" simply means that there will be tweeks and small changed to actual game footage. What we have depicting actual game play is what we are going to get as actual game play. Only difference is that it will be cleaner, they may add in more colors to the pallet to give it a more vibrant look, and that they may add more to the scenery. Sometimes areas that appear in the footage don't appear in actual game play or small visual parts will be changed like say the Statue with the Knight, Golurk, Plapitoad, and Eevee. They may change a Pokemon on it, add a Pokemon to it. They may change how the water looks, or what shade the color of the grass looks like.

It will not look remotely close to the GIFs posted as they are two vastly different styles of art. That would require a complete reworking of the entire game just to adjust the codes to read the different style correctly as well as transition the the animations correctly. Every bit of artwork that appears on the screen has its own code and works together with the other codes through one core code that holds them all together.

The GIFs are not Beta art either as those are not leaked to the public before game release and they would not be moving, rather they'd have been screenshots of how the attacks would look or how the Pokemon looked. The battle plates don't exist in a lot of Pokemon Beta work, for them to show its near a final working point. There are many other things about the GIFs that have not been mentioned by myself that confirm it is fake. Someone else already said Klink's name is misspelled and is listed as a "Female" Pokemon. That sort of mess up does not exist in Beta work as Pokemon are individually coded and tested as images before they test battle capabilities of the graphics.

Yes they are fake.
yes, on pikachu and the legendaries it says "does not represent actually game footage" there is a difference between that and game footage not final. i'm not sure where your going with that fact but i already know so you don't need to remind me

let me try to say this again,

"i'm not in any way saying this isn't fake, i'm just pointing out to everyone that new game's graphics aren't perfect from the start and are very similar to this gif."
i NEVER said that it was real. i posted that because everyone was saying stuff like "that looks nothing like a real game! its obviously fake!" when that is what some games will look like while in development. anyways, pokemonshinysilver found a video that matched it where it says it is fanmade so anymore talk about this is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back