• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Perhaps there will be new types of Fruit?

I did hear that grapes were quite common in France.

New fruit is good as opposed to just berries. They can get very creative in regards to what fruit could improve/enhance for the Pokemon it's being given to, or maybe even the trainer just as a treat idek.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I would really like to see many new types of berries in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and I would love to see them return as being able to grow them as trees.

Maybe your player's home might have a garden where you can grow berries as well? That would be so cool, considering that previous Pokémon games never had houses that had backyards.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think they need to introduce any more Berries, what further use could they provide? We have PP boost, HP boost, Resistance against every type and more.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
No one wants Apricorns ? I would LOVE some Apricorns. This is one thing they have barely touched since their inception.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hm... I would really like to see many new types of berries in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and I would love to see them return as being able to grow them as trees.

Maybe your player's home might have a garden where you can grow berries as well? That would be so cool, considering that previous Pokémon games never had houses that had backyards.

That's because practically no house in Pkmn games have backyards, and as stated before there's no point in introducing more berries unless it's one or two more that replenish your health ala potion/super potions; similar to what oran/sitrus berries do.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
The only thing I can think of is a relation to space and another dimension like Deoxys.

Wait: X could mean Xerneus's having been confined to land, Y could mean Yveltal having been granted access to the sky with its wings, and Z could imply that the third legendary swims beneath the surface of the sea!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
That's because practically no house in Pkmn games have backyards, and as stated before there's no point in introducing more berries unless it's one or two more that replenish your health ala potion/super potions; similar to what oran/sitrus berries do.

Well the Villa in Platinum had a front garden, and the player's house in Black 2 and White 2 had a garden to the side (though it was just for looks). I don't see why they couldn't have something like that.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd be in favour of that, you could enter through the back of your house in which you could personalize with crops and patches, plant seeds, sort of like a Gardening activity.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I can see movement glitches. One bad thing about the game coming out internationally in the same month is that if a major glitch is discovered, it can't be fixed in localisations because...they'll already be localized! So that might be ugly, but hopefully not. That Zoroark glitch isn't too hard to avoid and I doubt a lot of us have the Japanese games (oops guess I'll have to watch out for it).

I guess it would be fixed in later copies, like how they fixed things in later copies of Ocarina of Time and removed the original Fire Temple theme. Sucks for those of us that might get a messed up copy on release day though. :(

Mario Kart 7 got patched, and so can Pokémon X and Y.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
BTW Sydian, I'm sure if you ask Nintendo, they can get you a patched copy. You may have to pay for shipping however.

Cyclone

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Well the Villa in Platinum had a front garden, and the player's house in Black 2 and White 2 had a garden to the side (though it was just for looks). I don't see why they couldn't have something like that.

You dropped two examples out of how many regions now? This is what I'm getting at...it's not done often enough to form a serious speculation out of it.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
The Berry Master's garden in Hoenn, Mr. Backlot's mansion and Bill's house also come to mind.

Hmm, fair enough. If it were more widespread I'd be more inclined to see it happening. Maybe if they make a big deal out of everyone having gardens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back