• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

_Prince_

Pikachu?
Years
Last edited:

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
I'd like to join!

Sign me up for the American Division. Dang, the competition will be rough....o_O.

But I'll do it!!

Somehow....

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2009
Anyway, a quick question. Why aren't hacked Pokemon with legit stats / moves / abilities, etc allowed? TBH, I hadn't expected this from PC, I thought you all were past that nub era.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Because when it comes to hacked pokemon, it's very possible to, say, push the stats a LITTLE past the maximums, and it would as first glance look legit if the advantage is small enough. And nobody is willing to check the stats of each and every pokemon (that's 12 per battle to check), to see if all the stats conform to the accepted maximums. (bieng 31 IV + 252 EVs + Beneficial Nature). And since there are 6 stats to check per pokemon, that amounts to 72 checks per battle, which is most certainly a pain in the $$%#. That is a reason I'd see, anyways. I don't actually know for sure.

But that scenario seems quite likely to me. No hacks, so nobody has to worry about stat checking. Just because you trust every single human being doesn't mean there isn't just ONE person willing to play a little beneath the belt to come out on top.
This is what happens when you think alot guys...is this a good thing?

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Thank you Painter. Anyways, since the front page doesn't show signs of recognizing my name, I'll say it again.

I, Unrelenting0, would like to enter this tournament.

Friend Code in Sig.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
indeed hacks r for nubcakes
still getting rid of my old ones
but since ive been here ive realized that hacks suck

Back